News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Long time no hear from..lol Wow...of course I love the Yangchuanosaurus ! Will be neat seeing what poses you can put him in, I'm certainly interested in getting at least one in 1/40.

amargasaurus cazaui

Wait, that exchange lost me. Manuel stated there is already a 1/72 Troodon on Shapeways and then pasted a link for Herrerasaurus. Was that the correct link? I had understood the Herrerasaurus was so primitive they are unsure wether it was even a theropod, and it is being suggested it was amongst the Troodontids?
  I guess I am confused but I had understood the Hererrasaurus was extremely basal, while the Troodons were some of the most evolved dinosaurs to live....help !!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 01, 2013, 05:36:38 AM
Wait, that exchange lost me. Manuel stated there is already a 1/72 Troodon on Shapeways and then pasted a link for Herrerasaurus. Was that the correct link? I had understood the Herrerasaurus was so primitive they are unsure wether it was even a theropod, and it is being suggested it was amongst the Troodontids?
  I guess I am confused but I had understood the Hererrasaurus was extremely basal, while the Troodons were some of the most evolved dinosaurs to live....help !!
Most likely it was a mistake.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 01, 2013, 06:31:48 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 01, 2013, 05:36:38 AM
Most likely it was a mistake.
Thats all I can come up with too...I tend to favor the basal animals, and the Hererrasaurus is even my avatar so I hope I understood the dinosaur properly. I think just guessing that he meant to link the Troodon model from Shapeways, it is the only thing to me that makes sense.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

mb-cg

Yes, it was a mistake :-[  Here is the correct link: http://www.shapeways.com/model/877370/troodon-1-72.html

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 31, 2013, 09:09:39 PM
Long time no hear from..lol Wow...of course I love the Yangchuanosaurus ! Will be neat seeing what poses you can put him in, I'm certainly interested in getting at least one in 1/40.

I was very busy the last month :)  I want to rig the Yangchuanosaurus (what a difficult name XD) to test various poses and I will do separated bases for them. I want to do an attack pose with the Stegosaurus, although I don't know if they were time and the same place.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mb-cg on June 01, 2013, 11:25:52 AM
Yes, it was a mistake :-[  Here is the correct link: http://www.shapeways.com/model/877370/troodon-1-72.html

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 31, 2013, 09:09:39 PM

I was very busy the last month :)  I want to rig the Yangchuanosaurus (what a difficult name XD) to test various poses and I will do separated bases for them. I want to do an attack pose with the Stegosaurus, although I don't know if they were time and the same place.

lol at least it's not as bad as Bistahversor ? I know I spelled that wrong.

Cool, yeah Yangchuanosaurus was from China while Stegosaurus was North American. Now there were Asian Stegosaurs , Chialingosaurus, Tuojiangosaurus and Chungkingosaurus.

It would be fine for say Jurassic Park scenarios though. There were supposed to have Metriacanthosaurs in the JP verse but we've never seen them.

mb-cg

You are right, when I finish the Yangchuanosaurus maybe I can turn it into an Allosaur to fight against the Stegosaur :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mb-cg on June 01, 2013, 04:19:28 PM
You are right, when I finish the Yangchuanosaurus maybe I can turn it into an Allosaur to fight against the Stegosaur :D

Make a set out of them, add some battle wounds and such . Would be awesome in 1/40 .

mb-cg

I have worked a bit more on the Yangchuanosaurus and I rigged it. It's still unfinished but here are some of the tests I have done:

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 01, 2013, 09:12:14 PM
Quote from: mb-cg on June 01, 2013, 04:19:28 PM

Make a set out of them, add some battle wounds and such . Would be awesome in 1/40 .

Once I finish the Yang I want to do the Allosaurus to have a set with the Stegosaurus, like I did with the Herrerasaurus. It would be great to have a set for every period :D

jtn144

Those are great! The dead pose is something you don't see often. I can't wait till they are available. Are you going to have the FUD option, as this is my preferred shapeways material.

tyrantqueen

Wow, that Yangchuanosaurus is looking amazing.

Just one question, shouldn't this....

be impossible for a dinosaur's wrists?

What scale is this guy going to be in?

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 18, 2013, 01:15:09 AM

I may be mistaken, but I think it's alright - seems like the palms are facing down because of the rotation of the arms at the shoulder, rather than at the wrist.

jtn144

How about a Bistahieversor to go along with the Pentaceratops?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm..I'd say it's borderline. You could turn the hand and have it rest on the finger instead, no big deal there.  The crouched pose is one of my favorites there.  :)

The Allo VS Stego will be an awesome piece !

For a Cretaceous pairing..well it would have to be T-Rex VS Triceratops right ? ;)

mb-cg

Quote from: jtn144 on June 18, 2013, 12:44:46 AM
Those are great! The dead pose is something you don't see often. I can't wait till they are available. Are you going to have the FUD option, as this is my preferred shapeways material.

I always use the WSF specifications, that are ok for FUD, so it will be available too.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 18, 2013, 01:15:09 AM
Wow, that Yangchuanosaurus is looking amazing.

What scale is this guy going to be in?

Maybe it's a bit forced, I will try some changes in the pose, now I have the model rigged it's easy to do a lot of tests. I will upload a walking animation I have done :D

The scale will be 1/40

Quote from: jtn144 on June 18, 2013, 03:59:55 AM
How about a Bistahieversor to go along with the Pentaceratops?

I will see, it would a good pick

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 18, 2013, 04:29:02 AM
Hmm..I'd say it's borderline. You could turn the hand and have it rest on the finger instead, no big deal there.  The crouched pose is one of my favorites there.  :)

The Allo VS Stego will be an awesome piece !

For a Cretaceous pairing..well it would have to be T-Rex VS Triceratops right ? ;)

It's a classic XD What I'm sure is that the victim will be a ceratopsian.

Blade-of-the-Moon

You know that makes me think..a life and death struggle series of pieces would be cool if you could do it.  For example a ceratopsian goring a young tyrannosaur, an adult tyrannosaur carrying off a juvenile ceratopsian,  a battle piece where each is an adult fighting but switch up the losing side..then do the same with a death/victor piece , ceratopsian roaring over a downed tyrannosaur, ect..  Would be cool to see them all lined up as different scenarios on a shelf telling a story.

mb-cg

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 18, 2013, 06:43:52 PM
You know that makes me think..a life and death struggle series of pieces would be cool if you could do it.  For example a ceratopsian goring a young tyrannosaur, an adult tyrannosaur carrying off a juvenile ceratopsian,  a battle piece where each is an adult fighting but switch up the losing side..then do the same with a death/victor piece , ceratopsian roaring over a downed tyrannosaur, ect..  Would be cool to see them all lined up as different scenarios on a shelf telling a story.

That's a great idea, I will try it with the Allosaur vs Stegosaurus set. Maybe I can do an attacking Allosaurus, a defending Stegosaurus and a death version of both, so anyone can have their own version.

Here is the test animation of the Yangchuanosaurus I mentioned before. I'm not an animator, so it's not perfect  :D

tyrantqueen

Are you going to do an Allosaurus vs Stegosaurus model diorama? A dead Allosaurus or dead Stegosaurus (depending on the outcome) might be different and unusual. Or maybe a theropod brooding a nest, or with babies? That'd be cute.

I hope to see more unusual theropods from you :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool ! ;D

I like TQ's idea of a brooding theropod as well..something similar to what I was thinking for the crouched down Yangchuanosaurus.

Your animation looks pretty good to me..not entirely fluid..but miles above some I've seen.

Bokisaurus

Olorotitan, Chasmosaurus, and Coronosaurus painted, hope you like them ;)
[]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: