News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Free Dino Guide Supplements!

Started by ZoPteryx, January 18, 2013, 04:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

I am very excited to announce that I have finally completed my unofficial supplement to Gregory S. Paul's The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs! ;D  It includes 132 genera that were either not included in his original work or have been discovered since its publication in 2010.  It also includes updates regarding new information that has surfaced about other dino species (like the colors of Microraptor).  It is illustrated with many skeletals and life restorations, the latter of which are all by me. ^-^  It includes the same sort of information and style as in GSP's book, however I was a little more  generous with regards to accepting splits amongst ceratopsians and other groups (though I do acknowledge that some may be synonomous with existing genera).

Here is a sample: :)

Bicentenaria argentina
3 m (10 ft) TL, 60 kg (130 lb)
Fossil Remains:  Majority of skull and partial skeleton.  Numerous unevaluated remains.
Anatomical Characteristics:  Snout subtriangular, hand short, legs long.
Distribution: Western Argentina; Portezuelo.
Habitat:   Well-watered woodlands with short dry season.
Habits:  A pursuit predator of small- and medium-sized game.
Notes:   Little available information on this genus, despite apparent completeness of remains.  Site locality contains a number of individuals that have yet to be excavated or thoroughly examined.  May be a basal tyrannosauroid.  Main enemy Megaraptor.  Prey included Macrogryphosaurs and young titanosaurs.

If your interested in a free copy, PM me! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool ! Do you have a list of the species added ?

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Spino-rex13

ZoPteryx

Thank you all! ;D

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 18, 2013, 08:45:53 PM
Cool ! Do you have a list of the species added ?
I've updated the list of new genera on the fourth message here  :):
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,949.msg22419.html#msg22419

Splonkadumpocus

I just read through it; excellent job.

I noticed that a reconstruction of Teratophoneus was missing. If you want one, Scott Hartman has one here.

Also, Greg Paul didn't include Unaysaurus* and it seems to be missing from the supplement as well. A reconstruction can be found here.

Minor issues though. I do appreciate the update.

*which would be "Unaysaurus (or Plateosaurus) tolentinoi" if we use Paul's methodology.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on January 23, 2013, 06:10:26 PM
I just read through it; excellent job.

I noticed that a reconstruction of Teratophoneus was missing. If you want one, Scott Hartman has one here.

Also, Greg Paul didn't include Unaysaurus* and it seems to be missing from the supplement as well. A reconstruction can be found here.

Minor issues though. I do appreciate the update.

*which would be "Unaysaurus (or Plateosaurus) tolentinoi" if we use Paul's methodology.

Glad you like it! :)

I'll include that Teratophoneus skeletal in the next supplement (I hope to make them yearly), I didn't realize there was a second more complete specimen known.

Unaysaurus will also be included, thank you for pointing it out.  Looks like both him and I overlooked that one!

Balaur

That was good Zopteryx!  My favourite restoration of yours is the Sciurumimus. I loved the super iggy biggy squirell. (Yes i just said that. :)

mkhz

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)