News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stone troll studios manit dinosaur kits.

Started by captain jack, July 15, 2013, 08:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Beautiful figures, hope I can pick up one or two ;)

captain jack

Yes...the images don't do them justice.Definitely highly detailed. Easy builds.And endless paint schemes.Thanks

postsaurischian

captain jack

I have before. Let me know and can get info on shipping charges.

captain jack

Thanks everybody for letting me know you received your packages.update is coming for outstanding orders. THANKS!!!!

tyrantqueen

Hi, just writing to let you know I received my kit yesterday. Perfect transaction, no problems :)

captain jack

Hello everyone.Just received Stegos' order.Ataraxus' order will be shipping this week.Yeah!!! Long runs.All animals are still in stock.Thanks for hanging in there.Any questions feel free to ask.Copper I'm bagging up some for you also.

s.foulkes

I did ask, no answer! now it appears your taking new orders after mine and still they are getting shipped out but not mine?
I post my concerns privately to you but get no response only to find a public posting from you that has nothing to do with my order , no one wants to be ignored so I guess this supposed trade deal is dead . It would be no big deal if I had correspondence but I get none.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

captain jack

Ok...message shows forward or responded. Done before public post.Now new response overview ed yesterday s message. Update and phone conversation.Hopefully that's cool.To all Shane has been wanting these for over a month plus.His order has been pending. All orders are in process in one form or almost complete. Always check your messages.That's where I start.Thanks everyone!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: captain jack on September 18, 2013, 09:53:12 PM
Ok...message shows forward or responded. Done before public post.Now new response overview ed yesterday s message. Update and phone conversation.Hopefully that's cool.To all Shane has been wanting these for over a month plus.His order has been pending. All orders are in process in one form or almost complete. Always check your messages.That's where I start.Thanks everyone!
Just trying to be mediator here,  but at times the forum's message system has been said to be quirky. Myself, I do not think I have missed any messages but apparently it has or can happen. Could that be a possibility here at all?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

captain jack

Hi, I haven't really noticed. But yes stego responded back in July. I never received it.Then a message arrives asking why I don't respone.Huh.Maybe.I reported to admid.hopefully they can respond.I'm feeling like a Schmuck! Hopefully my actions will resolve it.Shanes' patience with me is wearing thin.I don't blame him.Thanks.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Amargasaurus is right. That's one of reason's I sent an email to figure out if there was an issue somewhere. The messaging system on the forum is a bit ..quirky..sometimes. I always refresh by going to my messages just to be sure.

If you want guaranteed contact, email or phone may be best in the end. I hope you guys can get the trade deal worked out and each gets some awesome stuff ! :)

captain jack

It all seems well.Phone conversation.alittle investigating
Now just close out a few sales.And finishing shanes.all will be right as rain.Thanks.

s.foulkes

Im fine Brian thanks for showing concern. Yes I think hitting refresh is the first thing to try. don't mean to post public and im not slamming Brian's credibility just wondering whats going on , not that big a deal. its not the time waiting ,I too have made my customers wait too long. it was the correspondence issues but I think we got that fixed too. thanks .

s.foulkes

Quote from: s.foulkes on September 19, 2013, 02:54:16 PM
Im fine Brian thanks for showing concern. Yes I think hitting refresh is the first thing to try. don't mean to post public and im not slamming Brian's credibility just wondering whats going on , not that big a deal. its not the time waiting ,I too have made my customers wait too long. it was the correspondence issues but I think we got that fixed too. thanks .

Ok Brian Checking in for October? any news about where we are with the castings now?

ataraxus

Quote from: captain jack on September 17, 2013, 11:09:20 PM
Hello everyone.Just received Stegos' order.Ataraxus' order will be shipping this week.Yeah!!! Long runs.All animals are still in stock.Thanks for hanging in there.Any questions feel free to ask.Copper I'm bagging up some for you also.

this is a post from 17.9.
nothing arrived me until now. i`m a bit angry now....

s.foulkes

That's because your not going to get it. my deal with him fell through because he couldn't keep his word. I found out over the last few days that 4 of my Friends/customers on FB also ordered from him and nothing ! no correspondence and they used paypal and lost their money due to the long wait. the total amount of funds stolen by him from all these people is over 1000$ total. stay away and if you can get a charge back on your paypal this dude is cancer for our hobby. he strolls on here new with someone elses product and screws us. I know some people got the stuff they ordered but that was to get people in once people saw stuff was getting shipped to others and received he got a lot more orders. im pissed .

postsaurischian

This post is the sequel of a discussion that started on my collection thread where I showed my Protoceratops.

Quote from: radman on December 03, 2013, 02:02:01 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 03, 2013, 08:52:43 AM
Very nice and gracile looking Protoceratops. But the head does look a bit too big for the rest of the body....I know Proto was an odd looking creature, but it does seem strange.

QuoteAt that point the seller seems to have jumped ship from the forum so I abandoned the idea.
So the situation was never resolved? I also bought a Protoceratops from the guy, and actually did receive it, but I understand many other people didn't receive their orders. So is he a scammer? I don't mean to derail Postsaurischian's thread, just wondering.

I never received my Allosaurus from this bozo (at this point I'm not sure if it's a man or a woman), but apparently they have ripped off a bunch of people.  Many false promises of delivery and extra bonuses for being patient later, I filed a dispute with Paypal and hopefully will get my money back  :-\
I think they sold off their available stock to the first buyers and then continued to sell models they didn't have once the money started rolling in.  Anyway, sorry to derail your thread, H, I will delete this message and repost it later in the appropriate place, right now I just want to warn folks not to send this person any money at this juncture.  Will update when things are resolved.

I'm really sorry to hear about the fraud. When I ordered from "Stone troll studios" I wasn't aware of this at all.
I can't complain since I seem to be one of the few who got his models :-\ and I'm not writing here because I was duped, but for another reason that might soothe the ones who didn't get their order at least a bit - given that they got a refund from Paypal.

A lot of the models this seller sold seem to be some kind of leftovers or simply bad casts.
When I sent my Protoceratops to Martin Garratt I was pretty shocked when I got a reply from Marilyn Price saying that it "has been very thinly cast, in fact you can see through it in places and with the air bubbles, it has had to be drilled out, creating quite large holes."
"I'm thinking that maybe the moulds are now past their best, or he
(the seller) is not mixing the resin thoroughly or not being very generous with the amount of resin used."

Martin doesn't mind fixing it - but some of us (me included) aren't able to do so!!
He was so unbelievably kind to offer me his finished model and keep mine to repair it for himself :-[ :D. I have to say that mine was in a much worse condition than his before.
Here's a shocking pic of my poor version after it was prepared for working on it :o :'(:

The only reason I do not have to feel cheated is Martin's generosity - thanks sooo much :-*!
Even with its scientific deficiencies (which I easily ignore ;D) I love this model a lot, just like Manit's Iguanodon, which is also a bit outdated, but fantastically sculpted :).

I also ordered the Allosaurus, which seems to be okay.
Martin also got an Allosaurus that he didn't order. It was a freebie  - no fraud then, but "again this one was cast very thinly and it was minus a nose!"

Both pics are by Marilyn Price.

tyrantqueen

Yeesh, that's quite scary.  That is very dishonest of him, to sell a defective cast for the full price.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not to sound mean or petty, but I'm glad I didn't have the money to order this time.

Thin kits sounds like the same problem Galileo had in his early work ( not sure about now ). The Acro I bought was pretty thin Martin had agreed. Probably another reason is broke in transit so easily.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: