News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

The retired Schleich Quetzalcoatlus. A big and nicely detailed figure. I have no idea how accurate it is because I don't know much about flying reptiles, but I like it. I prefer this over the newer Quetzal because the neck is straight :)

Typical Schleich dopey look XD

Bokisaurus

OMG! The Devil >:D made me buy them ;D
Papo Loch Ness version 2  ;)

New Monarch Questzal ;D

Really interesting choice of wing color design on this pterosaur. At first, its kinda weird... but I have to admit, after a while, I started to like it :P
I did not realized how much smaller this new figures are, I thought they were the original just repainted... guess they are smaller (but still darn expensive!)

sauroid

oh the new Schleich quetzalcoatlus is smaller. now i'd have to buy the new one to join my older/bigger quetz. thanks for posting the pics Boki.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Metallisuchus

Safari extant animal replicas I picked up.

Bengal Tiger cub & Fox (my most recent additions)

Peacock (which isn't that new actually, but I forgot to post it before)

Lioness w/ cub - something I got a few weeks ago that I've been meaning to post

tyrantqueen

I got these guys from a very good friend  ^-^ The box is cute too :))

The set also included a Stego, but that was given away.

Sorry about the big ugly scribbles over the photo, but I prefer to protect mine and other people's privacy :P

sauroid

congrats Tyrantqueen. i love those old safaris too.

@Metallisuchus: i see that your extant animal figures collection is starting to grow. welcome to a new addiction. :D
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

robustus_

I got my first Kaiyodos yesterday and I am absolutely in love with them. The amount of detail packed into them is astounding...

Metallisuchus

Quote from: sauroid on June 11, 2012, 03:11:23 PM
congrats Tyrantqueen. i love those old safaris too.

@Metallisuchus: i see that your extant animal figures collection is starting to grow. welcome to a new addiction. :D

Thanks. It really has a lot to do with what's available at A.C. Moore, haha. They have a very poor selection and they don't usually stock different models. The only dinos they have that I don't are the green Rex & Brachi and I'm not really interested in them. If I place an online order, I usually go big and spend a lot at once to save on shipping. Then I'll be picking up what I really want the most. I'm looking for a new dealer though - somebody that has good prices and a good selection of extinct AND extant models. I think I'm done with what was formerly known as Healthstones.

lcamiro

SEGA PRIZE TREX 2003 - Hirokazu Tokugawa sculpt

Seijun

Did you get that one from Jauce? I am still trying to get that color scheme.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

lcamiro

Quote from: Seijun on June 12, 2012, 12:30:42 AM

yep. Haven't seen another one on this scheme

Bokisaurus

Quote from: lcamiro on June 12, 2012, 05:26:27 AM

Nice Rex, I got the brown version.

Takama

Apatoesaurus and Inostrancevia

I bought the former because of its size, and i bought the latter because of its apperance in a certain video game that i became obssesd with.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 11, 2012, 03:01:44 PM

I got these guys from a very good friend  ^-^ The box is cute too :))

The set also included a Stego, but that was given away.

Sorry about the big ugly scribbles over the photo, but I prefer to protect mine and other people's privacy :P

I really like that color version on your original Apatoe.

lcamiro

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 12, 2012, 06:20:47 AM
Quote from: lcamiro on June 12, 2012, 05:26:27 AM

Nice Rex, I got the brown version.

Danke Boki, as far as I know, there are 3 scheme colors from Tokugawa's series. The other one is a grey with red stripes. From SEGA PRIZE rexes, my favorite ones are the Shinzen red and Tokugawa's dark brown/blue

postsaurischian

Today I got a SEGA Vignetteum Amargasaurus :D.
Oh boy - what a wonderful figure it is! I wasn't really aware of that :-[.

Seijun

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 12, 2012, 05:46:25 PM
Today I got a SEGA Vignetteum Amargasaurus :D.
Oh boy - what a wonderful figure it is! I wasn't really aware of that :-[.

You must be the person I lost that one too :) Its a beautiful figure, congrats!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Roselaar

If I may ask, postsaurischian, how much did you pay for that Amargasaurus? I know little about it, so I wonder whether the 6.50 euro I payed for mine was cheap, average or possibly expensive (though I doubt the latter). It's an excellent figure and well worth the money, but I simply have no frame of reference for Vignetteum prices, and I would like to know more about their prices before I go for the others too.

I just went wild on Everything Dinosaur. Again. But they were just tempting me too much.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on June 12, 2012, 06:59:38 PM
You must be the person I lost that one too :) Its a beautiful figure, congrats!

.... sorry :-[ :), I guess living in Germany was an advantage in this case.

Quote from: Roselaar on June 12, 2012, 10:57:44 PM
If I may ask, postsaurischian, how much did you pay for that Amargasaurus? I know little about it, so I wonder whether the 6.50 euro I payed for mine was cheap, average or possibly expensive (though I doubt the latter).

I paid EUR 10.50 on eBay.de
I'd say it's a pretty rare (and VERY BEAUTIFUL) figure and I would have paid even more.
Almost every SEGA figure is hard to get - at least here in Europe.

Roselaar

I also got my Segas at the German Ebay. Probably the same seller, though my Amargasaurus was a BIN instead of an auction.

tanystropheus

Quote from: UK on June 08, 2012, 05:21:35 PM
Just got these beauties from DeJankins...... $81 before postage. Best prices around so get there fast before they sell out.

I have seen the deinotherium selling for £80 alone recently.

Interesting, I've tried contacting DeJankins regarding the Gomph, but they haven't responded to my email.  I'm not sure what's up :-\

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: