News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Best Figures of 2013

Started by Takama, December 19, 2013, 03:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are the 3 best figures of 2013

Wild Safari: Gryposaurus
Wild Safari: Gastornis
Wild Safari: Dimorphodon
Wild Safari: Diabloceratops
Wild Safari: Elasmosaurus
CollectA: Diplodocus
CollectA: Diabloceratops
CollectA: Deinotherium
CollectA: Despletoesaurus
CollectA: Deluxe Parasaurolophus
CollectA: Pachycephalasaurus
Carnegie Collection: Concavenator
Schelich: Carnotaurus
Schelich: Styrachosaurus
Papo: Canotaurus
Papo: Dimetodon
Papo: Wooly Rhino
Favorite: Soft model Tyrannosaurus Featherd
Favorite: Soft Model Tyrannosaurus
Favorite:  Soft Model Pteranodon
Favorite: Soft Model Allosaurus
Favorite: Soft Model Triceratops
Favorite Soft Model Styrachosaurus
Favorite: Soft Model Ankylosaurus
Favorite: Soft Model Parasaurolophus
Favorite: Soft Model Velociraptor
Favorite: Soft Model Brachiosaurus
Favorite: Soft Model Plesiosaurus
Favorite: Soft Model Spinosaurus
Favorite: Soft Model Stegosaurus
Mojo Fun: Deinotherium
Mojo Fun: Entelodont
Mojo Fun: Brototherium
Mojo Fun: Hyenadon
Sideshow: Collectibles: Dilophosaurus
Other, Specify bellow

Takama

Hi everyone. As suggested by our Admin, this is were you vote for the best figures of 2013. .  I will post pictures in this post in the order that there Options are listed.

Safari

Gryposaurus

Gastornis

Dimorphodon

Diabloceratops

Elasmosaurus

CollectA

Diplodocus

Diabloceratops

Deinotherium

Despletosaurus

Deluxe Parasaurolophus

Carnegie Collection

Concavenator

Schelich

Carnotaurus

Styrachosaurus

Papo

Carnotaurus

Dimetrodon

Woolly Rhino

Favorite

Tyrannosaurus Featherd

Tyrannosaurus

Pteranodon

Allosaurus

Triceratops

Styrachosaurus

Ankylosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Velociraptor

Brachiosaurus

Plesiosaurus

Spinosaurus

Stegosaurus

Mojo Fun

Deinotherium

Entelodont

Brontotherium

Hyenadon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like you can only vote for one or is it just the highest votes of the top three ?

Takama

I I notice that. But I don't know how to fix it to make it so you can select three.  Can you or some other admin help?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 19, 2013, 04:29:00 AM
I I notice that. But I don't know how to fix it to make it so you can select three.  Can you or some other admin help?

Fixed and reset.  I just wasn't sure if that was your intent before or not. :)

Is Sideshow really a figure ? That might be best for a models and statues poll ?

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

This thread was a good idea, Takama. I just hate that we can pick only 3- there were several good models this year!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

I chose the Papo Dimetrodon and Carnotaurus, and the Favorite Ltd. Tyrannosaurus rex. Most of the Safaris I don't like, apart from the Elasmosaurus and Dimorphodon, which were okay but not show stoppers. In my opinion this was a weak year for CollectA, but hopefully next year will be much better. Carnegie was a disappointment. Mojo's mammals look good, but I don't like or care about prehistoric mammals so they didn't factor into my decision.

All in my opinion, of course.

sauroid

i chose the Papo Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon, and Favorite Spinosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

QuoteIs Sideshow really a figure ? That might be best for a models and statues poll ?
Maybe this thread should be just for 2013 releases in general.

Chad

A lot of good ones, but I went with Gryposaurus. I guess I'm a sucker for a good hadrosaur.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Chad on December 19, 2013, 02:54:02 PM
A lot of good ones, but I went with Gryposaurus. I guess I'm a sucker for a good hadrosaur.

..... That's why my vote goes to the Favorite Saurolophus :D.

It's the only Favorite Softmodel that was released in 2013.
All the ones listed in the poll above were released in late 2012 ....... sorry :-[.

Gwangi

I voted for the Papo Carnotaurus, Dimetrodon and Mojo Hyenadon. If I could have voted for more the other Mojo figures would have received votes as well as the Safari Gryposaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 19, 2013, 03:03:14 PM

All the ones listed in the poll above were released in late 2012 ....... sorry :-[.

It's really a muddled situation..I mean there are still figures coming out even now and the year isn't over yet...like the WWD figures and the newer Wild Safaris.   I don't think the Favorites arrived  here in any quantity til this year though...the same problem the Saurolophus has in part, I agree it's the best figure of a hadrosaur released, but it doesn't have a wide market yet so many can't review it.  :/ 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 19, 2013, 01:53:39 PM
QuoteIs Sideshow really a figure ? That might be best for a models and statues poll ?
Maybe this thread should be just for 2013 releases in general.

That would be tough though..a lot in one thread.  I mean I think a poll that included the Shapeways pieces, model kits, ect.. could be good too.

Quen

I voted for the Carnegie concavenator because I have that one and the Papo dimetrodon and Favorite spinosaurus because they are the most eye-catching.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Quendrega on December 19, 2013, 06:35:57 PM
I voted for the Carnegie concavenator because I have that one and the Papo dimetrodon and Favorite spinosaurus because they are the most eye-catching.

Having the figures really helps when it comes to choosing which is best.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2013, 06:40:31 PM
Quote from: Quendrega on December 19, 2013, 06:35:57 PM

Having the figures really helps when it comes to choosing which is best.
Yes; I voted for the Papo Dimetrodon and Carno, as well as the Safari Gryposaurus. All three of these models were superb.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Takama

I believe they were intended to be 2013 figures, just like the Safari Suchomimus and Megalodon are intended to be 2014 figures (and there available now, in 2013).

I choose

Safari: Gryposaurus

CollectA: Diplodocus

Favorite: Soft Model Allosaurus

tanystropheus

I voted for the Papo Dimetrodon, Favorite Styracosaurus, and the Mojo Hyaenodon (I was really tempted to vote for the WS Dimorphodon, Papo Carnotaurus and pretty much all of the Mojo prehistoric mammals)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2013, 06:05:08 PM

It's really a muddled situation..I mean there are still figures coming out even now and the year isn't over yet...like the WWD figures and the newer Wild Safaris.   I don't think the Favorites arrived  here in any quantity til this year though...the same problem the Saurolophus has in part, I agree it's the best figure of a hadrosaur released, but it doesn't have a wide market yet so many can't review it.  :/

Are they (Favorite) planning on releasing the Saurolophus worldwide or was it meant for a limited release? I need a proper successor to my Tyco Saurolophus, lol.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 19, 2013, 11:57:25 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2013, 06:05:08 PM

Are they (Favorite) planning on releasing the Saurolophus worldwide or was it meant for a limited release? I need a proper successor to my Tyco Saurolophus, lol.

I haven't heard yet..it and the Tarbo might be exclusives.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: