News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Geoworld - New for 2014

Started by Takama, December 21, 2013, 10:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Hello everyone. A catalogue for Geoworl 2014 has surfaced, and it features the Mammals that were teased this year.

It seems that there also making some marine reptiles, and creatures from before the dinosaurs for there Jurassic Hunters line

Here is a link to the catalogue

http://www.youblisher.com/p/772301-2014-GeoworldCatalog/

The New Reptiles are on page 18

The Mammals are on Pages 20-23

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Liop looks nice..the Elasmosaur not so much and I'm not sure what's up with the Tylosaurus there.. :?

tyrantqueen

This Allosaurus looks familiar...oh yeah, it looks just like the Jurassic Park one...or possibly the Papo.

Seriously, Geoworld is the bottom of the pile for me. Schleich gets criticised a lot, but at least they don't try to pass their toys off as accurate by claiming they're approved by a paleontologist. And their toys have better details than Geoworld's.

tanystropheus

Does anyone have the Georex on page 40?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have a couple of their feathered dinos..and they aren't that bad really. Would be better repainted though.

tyrantqueen

I just realised those models on page 62 look like they belong in the JP Chaos Line, particularly the Brachiosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The colors are a bit far out in many of them..lol

ZoPteryx

Hmm...funny they'd give the Elasmo a swan neck when the skeleton is accurate.  Not really thrilled with any of the marine reptiles and overall diversity seems a little low.  We'll wait and see on the pre-dinos, but my expectations are low.  Most the mammals are pretty mediocre at best, and that cave bear looks like a werewolf! ???

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 22, 2013, 12:41:49 AM
Seriously, Geoworld is the bottom of the pile for me. Schleich gets criticised a lot, but at least they don't try to pass their toys off as accurate by claiming they're approved by a paleontologist. And their toys have better details than Geoworld's.
Yeah, I agree on all accounts.  Geoworld certainly likes to toot their own horn, don't they!

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 22, 2013, 12:42:40 AM

I had it--and it is terrible. It does not stay together at all, and the soft material it is made with flexes too much to assemble in the first place. There are better large rex skeletons out there (Toys R Us had one a while back that appears frequently in other lines). The Georex is also very expensive, close to $100 if I'm not mistaken.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on December 22, 2013, 04:09:46 AM

I had it--and it is terrible. It does not stay together at all, and the soft material it is made with flexes too much to assemble in the first place. There are better large rex skeletons out there (Toys R Us had one a while back that appears frequently in other lines). The Georex is also very expensive, close to $100 if I'm not mistaken.

I got mine on ebay for 9.99 ..but yeah it's pretty rough. I had to wire it together..one day I may put a steel rod through it and mount it nicely.

DinoToyForum

The marine reptiles look cartoony and inaccurate. I thought the days of reconstructing plesiosaurs with the eyes in the post temporal fenestrae were behind us. Note to geoworld sculptors - plesiosaurians are not dinosaurs, they do not have an antorbital opening as dinosaurs do. That opening you are neatly outlining in front of the eyes in your models, that is the orbit. Place the eyes there. Pass it on to the palaeontologists who are endorsing your products.

Still, glad to see some marine reptiles on offer, these are the only new plesiosaurs for 2014 I think..

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on December 22, 2013, 04:09:46 AM

Lol, yet another area where Schleich trumps Geoworld. At least the Schleichsaurs don't fall to pieces.

sauroid

i wouldnt mind buying Geoworld figures if they cost like the typical chinasaurs, because they have the same level of quality.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on December 22, 2013, 02:26:11 PM
i wouldnt mind buying Geoworld figures if they cost like the typical chinasaurs, because they have the same level of quality.

That's true.

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 22, 2013, 10:30:43 AM
The marine reptiles look cartoony and inaccurate. I thought the days of reconstructing plesiosaurs with the eyes in the post temporal fenestrae were behind us. Note to geoworld sculptors - plesiosaurians are not dinosaurs, they do not have an antorbital opening as dinosaurs do. That opening you are neatly outlining in front of the eyes in your models, that is the orbit. Place the eyes there. Pass it on to the palaeontologists who are endorsing your products.

Still, glad to see some marine reptiles on offer, these are the only new plesiosaurs for 2014 I think..

How could Dr Steve let us all down like thus? ;D I am very amused with this new marketing move.

Roselaar

Some fairly decent models in there, but most of them are not. It doesn't really matter anyway though, since none of my regular dinosaur providers offer GeoWorld.

Poor Amebelodon is off the Unique Species List then. And on closer inspection, so is Becklespinax.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on December 22, 2013, 06:03:16 PM
Some fairly decent models in there, but most of them are not. It doesn't really matter anyway though, since none of my regular dinosaur providers offer GeoWorld.

Poor Amebelodon is off the Unique Species List then. And on closer inspection, so is Becklespinax.

Didn't some else do a Becklespinax ? CollectA ?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 22, 2013, 08:23:50 PM

Yes, but more than one figure means it's not unique any more (I'm guessing)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 22, 2013, 08:25:29 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 22, 2013, 08:23:50 PM

Yes, but more than one figure means it's not unique any more (I'm guessing)

Ah ! i see.

Takama

WOW im relly at a lost for words.   on page 40 it has there new mascot say

"Did you know Tyrannosaurus was the largest predator in existence?"

WTF are these guys smoking, there are bigger predators then T.Rex out there like Giganotosaurus.   

These products have to potential to miss educate children into thinking the wrong things about the age of dinosaurs.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.