News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Radman's custom paints

Started by radman, August 19, 2012, 01:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

The original thread from the old forum is here:

http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=art&action=display&thread=3041&page=1

Here are two "teaser" pics of Rader Studios' Edmontosaurus.  I've had this kit for a while now, but just recently got around to deciding on a scheme and getting it started.  Still needs some detail work here and there, but this is basically what it's gonna look like:

:D

radman

My painted Rader Studios collection:

I still have a number of Jon's unpainted pieces, and hope to get them up eventually.

ataraxus

Nive work. i love the colors of the Acrocantho and the Styracosaurus!

Jetoar

Congratulations  :)! I think the same that ataraxus. Good work with your Acro and Styraco.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dr. Brad

I'm liking that colour scheme more than the scheme on the same kit I'm working on! Look forward to seeing more pics!

radman

Thanks!  Just to be clear, the Styracasaurus and Acrocanthosaurus were done by John Naja and Steven Demarco, respectively.  They may both be available for commissions.  The other three were done by me. :))

http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=art&action=display&thread=3041&page=6

Bokisaurus

Very nice, love the design scheme on that one. Your brave to use bright red and blue! ;) I think I have the same Camara that you have except mine is green

radman

ataraxus

nice stuff! are these painted by you?

Jetoar

Cool painted of your figures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

radman

Quote from: ataraxus on December 25, 2012, 10:13:30 AM
nice stuff! are these painted by you?
Thanks!  These are shapeways models done with cheap acrylic paint.  I mistakenly ordered two of the same size; one I ordered a few months ago, they were available in 1:72 and 1:50 scale.  Posing it with Dinonikes' 1:40 Faunacasts model and Krentz's 1:72 Antediluvia model, I assumed that I had bought the 1:50, as it's inbetween those two:

Anyway next time I ordered, I decided to get the 1:72 version as well; but to my surprise when it arrived it was in the same size. I realized upon reading the specs that the 1:50 version is considerably bigger. 
How big was this thing actually, i.e. which scale is correct?
Anyway, I decided to paint them differently, with chameleon-like abilities; one is the diurnal napping-near-the-surface version, the other the nocturnal hunter.

radman

Krentz 1:72 Shapeways Giganotosaurus:

Jetoar

Nice combination of colors friend  ^-^!

radman

Blade-of-the-Moon

Man..seeing these just makes me want them as larger kits or even statues ! ;D

radman

Some of these I've posted before, somewhere, but I just recently made this neat little base and thought I'd see how they look on it:

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.