News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brachiosaurus

What scale will concavenator be.

John

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on December 01, 2012, 05:46:17 PM
If you mean the Carnegie Museum one coming next year,then 1:25.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: John on December 01, 2012, 05:58:24 PM
Quote from: Brachiosaurus on December 01, 2012, 05:46:17 PM
If you mean the Carnegie Museum one coming next year,then 1:25.
Why can't it evey be 1/40 sacle anymore.

tyrantqueen

Mojo Brontotherium's sculpt looks good, but the texturing looks like an old burlap sack :-\ Perhaps they'll tone it down a bit in the final model?

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

I forgot to mention

Brontotherium 1:30 scale 8.5cm height x 12.75cm length

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Iguanocolossus

1:40 is perfect for dinosaurs, but you need something bigger for mammals. 1:20, 1:25, and 1:30 are good

Jetoar

Mojo are doing figures with a lot details  ^-^. I like Prehistoric Mammals ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: John on October 28, 2012, 07:11:51 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 28, 2012, 06:50:50 PM
I still need to get that Brachiosaurus. It is a beautiful model but a combination of size and color (and price) have not placed it high on my list.
If you think the Carnegie Museum one costs too much,you aren't going to like the $45 price of the Papo one...

The carnegie Brachiosurus that came out this year are on ebay in the 20 dollar range.

Balaur

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on December 01, 2012, 04:59:27 PM
I Can present you the New and 3th MOJO FUNN

prehistoric mammal

it's a great model and well done made

congrats MOJO FUNN with this master piece

and here are the Photo's of the

BRONTOTHERIUM

and because it's such a nice Mammal

a bonus Photo

MOJO FUNN
you did it again,,great model,,anf thanks to let me show it in this Forum

Martien
Dang! That Brontothere is beuatiful! That is probably the most amazingly detailed and well sculpted Cenozoic mammal I've ever seen! That is going to be in my hands next year for sure! I can not wait till it comes out! Well done Mojo! You've just made my day!  ;D

jhudstone

This is definitely my favorite of the Mojo prehistoric mammal, and one of the best brontothere figures I have seen. As soon as I can figure out where to by it from, I'll be getting this one...

CM

Mojo is killing it with these, the bronto looks grand.  I'll go ahead and be that guy though: are we getting pics of the final mammal this weekend too or do we have to wait till next? :)

paleoferroequine

Quote from: crankydinosaur on December 01, 2012, 07:44:24 AM
Quote from: SBell on December 01, 2012, 06:11:39 AM
Quote from: stoneage on December 01, 2012, 01:47:05 AM
Quote from: crankydinosaur on December 01, 2012, 01:31:21 AM
What species are these two Bullylands suppose to be?

Smilodon and Machairodont.

No, Smilodon and Eusmilus (nimravid). Smilodon is a machairodont.

for an Eusmilus it is seriously lacking in the flanges that protect the sabers....

Maybe it's supposed to be Machairodus also a machairodontinae? I also agree it can't be Eusmilus, the old Bullyland  had flanges, sort of. Of course not all nimravids had flanges(Nimravus) Out of the toys, I don't think anybody has done a good job on Smilodon, the heads are always too wide, wrong dorsal shape and muzzle way too short(you need room for those serious canines!) Most toy companies just stick big canines on a lion, beef it up and lop it's tail off. ::)

CM

Quote from: SBell on December 01, 2012, 04:34:30 PM
Quote from: Pixelboy on December 01, 2012, 04:24:33 PM
Wait, is there something off about the Wild Safari version?

It's still good--just still doesn't feel quite right (not as bad as Bully's white-eyed...everything, actually).  Making decent cats is very difficult overall anyway, prehistoric ones are even tougher (as toys--obviously models can be better).

You know, looking at mine, it's got a pretty decent sculpt.  My main problem with the Safari one is the paint: on mine it's rather sloppy, and one of my pet peeves is when teeth are painted in rather than sculpted.

Models can be better, of course, and I love the Paleocraft saber-tooth kits (to look at, a bit too rich for my blood).  One of the things I really like is that they do different species, as well as nimravids and marsupials.  Are there any toys of Thylacosmilus, for example (or even, and why the heck not? Thylacine!?)?  Because Paleocraft has a couple of great ones.  It's this sort of quality and variety that I hope Mojo can really up the bar with, but at four to six figures a year, I suppose one can't expect too many saber-tooth species to get made.

SBell

Quote from: paleoferroequine on December 01, 2012, 09:36:07 PM
Quote from: crankydinosaur on December 01, 2012, 07:44:24 AM
Quote from: SBell on December 01, 2012, 06:11:39 AM
Quote from: stoneage on December 01, 2012, 01:47:05 AM
Quote from: crankydinosaur on December 01, 2012, 01:31:21 AM
What species are these two Bullylands suppose to be?

Smilodon and Machairodont.

No, Smilodon and Eusmilus (nimravid). Smilodon is a machairodont.

for an Eusmilus it is seriously lacking in the flanges that protect the sabers....

Maybe it's supposed to be Machairodus also a machairodontinae? I also agree it can't be Eusmilus, the old Bullyland  had flanges, sort of. Of course not all nimravids had flanges(Nimravus) Out of the toys, I don't think anybody has done a good job on Smilodon, the heads are always too wide, wrong dorsal shape and muzzle way too short(you need room for those serious canines!) Most toy companies just stick big canines on a lion, beef it up and lop it's tail off. ::)

But cats are defined by their short muzzles--they just got rid of most of their molars past M1.  I guess it remains to be seen if Bullyland puts a genus on the figures, but I doubt they care much--they still call the nimravid a 'cat' and the machairodont a 'tiger', so science is not really their thing (goofy eyes? that's their thing).

paleoferroequine

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on December 01, 2012, 08:04:08 PM
Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on December 01, 2012, 04:59:27 PM
I Can present you the New and 3th MOJO FUNN

prehistoric mammal

it's a great model and well done made

congrats MOJO FUNN with this master piece

and here are the Photo's of the

BRONTOTHERIUM Megacerops. There, fixed it. :o

Martien
Dang! That Brontothere is beuatiful! That is probably the most amazingly detailed and well sculpted Cenozoic mammal I've ever seen! That is going to be in my hands next year for sure! I can not wait till it comes out! Well done Mojo! You've just made my day!  ;D

Yes, I like this! I wonder what the size is(not scale)? I hope it is the same size as the rest of my Megacerops family. ;D

Ikessauro

Quote from: paleoferroequine on December 01, 2012, 09:59:31 PM
Yes, I like this! I wonder what the size is(not scale)? I hope it is the same size as the rest of my Megacerops family. ;D

According to Martien it's  8.5cm height x 12.75cm length

Tyrannosaurid lover

And you call mojo a bad prehistoric animals toy company...
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

postsaurischian

The Brontotherium looks awesome! A must-have!! Collecta's cannot compete with Mojö's.

CityRaptor

Well, the female Megacerops probably think different....

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on December 01, 2012, 11:05:02 PM
And you call mojo a bad prehistoric animals toy company...

To be fair, their Dinosaurs are rather lacking. So a few well done mammals won't compensate for that.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Seijun

Well, I like the mojo brontotherium more than the collecta one, but I am still a little dissapointed. The gait is incorrect unless the animal is trying to tap dance. Why do companies keep positioning the legs of their quadrupeds like this? Animals dont walk/run that way! Mainly, however, the shoulder area needs to be much taller, like on a bison. I think this is one of brontotheriums most distinguishing features. The body of the mojo bronto is also a little too elongated IMO.

Here is an animation I did of some proposed improvements:

If mojo is reading this, and if they have time, I think their bronto would look a lot better if the shoulder area was made taller :)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: