News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

T

Post Your Dino Riders Collections Everyone!

Started by Tylosaurus, March 18, 2012, 08:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack James

Hey Lars. I've been following your instagram due to your frequent Dino Riders posts. Great collection man, I certainly don't have anything you don't! Any favourite/elusive pieces you wish to elaborate on?

XIkonX

Quote from: Jack James on October 23, 2015, 08:50:39 AM
Hey Lars. I've been following your instagram due to your frequent Dino Riders posts. Great collection man, I certainly don't have anything you don't! Any favourite/elusive pieces you wish to elaborate on?

Thanks everyone. I'd really love to find some of the kids apparel and the role playing toys. I've never had the chance to find either.

Nebuloid

What's your Instagram username ? You can DM me if you want.  8)

XIkonX

Quote from: Nebuloid on October 24, 2015, 10:14:56 AM
What's your Instagram username ? You can DM me if you want.  8)

It's xmonsterinmyclosetx

XIkonX

I moved my display area into a bigger room and was able to let them breathe a little and aren't so crammed into two cabinets. Open air display is every Dino and figure complete and unbroken. The cabinet is all memorabilia that I have so far. Any help would be appreciated.  :)

Jack James

Looking good man. Certainly one of best displays around. That cardboard store display is pretty special.

suspsy

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the Rulon Quetzalcoatlus mounted way up to the left! Always loved the design on that one.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Jack James

I think I can see the Rulon Quetzalcoatlus top left on the first pick?

XIkonX

Quote from: Jack James on December 26, 2015, 02:15:43 PM
I think I can see the Rulon Quetzalcoatlus top left on the first pick?

Yeah. He's up there top left.

dinoridersworld.com

XIkonX, that is quite an impressive collection there.  Nice job putting everything together.  Can you please post some more detailed pictures of the gun & target set?  I have a few of these sets and have posted pictures in the Merchandise section of the website, but I never knew about this particular piece and would love to post a picture on the site to document it.  By the way, I need to update the website - it's been ages since I last updated it . . . .

Triceratops77

This is the first Dino Rider I owned as a kid. I had the American boxed version back then, but I got this German variation as a gift several years ago.

Nimbus

Hi, here are some of my collection with some customs I'm working on :)
Valorians

Rulons

Ornithocheirus custom built from an extra pteranodon

Allosaurus

Jack James

Nice work man. How are you going about making the armour?

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Nimbus

Thanks,  mostly scratch building with use of toy/model parts for detailing.  I also use neodymium magnets for easy attachment/removal.  I'll start a WIP thread.  Dino Riders is a really fun toy line, and there should be more customs around  :D

Digibasherx

Awesome customs!!  That JP Allosaurus looks right at home there.

Tylosaurus

Lovely collections guys, I also love that JP Allosaurus custom , fits in very well even it has that OP Minigun lmao xDDDDDDD  Now give it Haste, Quad Damage & FMJ Rounds and watch her rip!

Here my completed Dino-Riders Collection:

Top Rows:

Middle Rows:

Bottom Rows:

Here some of the Boxes I kept :-)

Rear box paints of the two big boxes; these paints were done by Ezra Tucker:

The small box has the same art as the top one :)

Here the entire display:

This took me 26 Years and 8 months to complete, from March 22, 1987 to November 22, 2013.
That is to me my pure dedication, I just had the patience and took the time to complete it, as all the dino units go, pretty satisfied with the result too  8)

Here some more closeup pics of the Quetzalcoatlus with Algar also showing how I hanged it up there 8)

Face view, also showing how it's Brainbox acts like stabilizers and as canards 8)

Top view revealing it's beautiful yellow/black paint scheme, the belly is white and the head is dark orange, a really nice mix of colours.

Here a closeup view from the right side:

And a closeup view from the left side:

What I used was some cable management binder which you use to bind cables when building a server or a desktop, I stuck that directly at the ceiling of the upper plank and presto!
This gave  this rare Quets a Dive jet bomber attack setup, to hang up this prehistoric jet bomber I used 25 pound Australian Nylon Fishing line, this thing is light weight, so that wasn't really of need;
But on the other side, it being nylon and somewhat translucent, it really did the job just fine.

Also how the Pilot Algar hangs looks like he might drop out especially at this angle, but I was able to jam his feet against the hull of the Quets and his arms towards the carrier he is in, this was the perfect solution without the need of sticky tape and such oddities  8)

Cloud the Dinosaur King

If the Monoclonis(Centrosaurus) is on of the Dino Riders line, than all I have is the Monoclonis. I reviewed it here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEzbuBwbICU

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 13, 2017, 03:52:13 PM
If the Monoclonis(Centrosaurus) is on of the Dino Riders line, than all I have is the Monoclonis. I reviewed it here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEzbuBwbICU
Well explained as the inaccuracies go then again the toy is from 1987, I don't think many had a Monoclonious  toy or model back then, Tyco's Dino Riders were the best you could get, their Kentrosaurus is a very good example from 1988, this was still the most accurate Kentrosaurus model of it's time and still is one of the most accurate as well, here a nice review of the DR Kentrosaurus on the DinosaurToyBlog by Paleona:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/10/02/kentrosaurus-tyco/

Tylosaurus

Here some items I found that are part of my Dino-Riders collection, never added this in photo format so here they are then :)

All six Dino-Riders Commando's, these are from Series 03; As they were released in 1989:

Here the rear view, for those wondering:

That with all 5 Dino-Rider's Cartoon DVD's from DTF member and long time friend of mine "dinoridersworld.com",+ three original DR VHS tapes.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.