News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Looking for a Dino Rider Torosaurus! Any shape will do!

Started by derandber, January 26, 2013, 12:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derandber

Hey guys... new user... 1st post... but I thought that I would give this a try, give a shot out & see if anyone can help me out. Earlier today, I was going through my old bedroom looking my old Dino Riders. I just bought a Diplodocus on eBay to replace the 1 I had as a kid, & just was going through my old collection to see if I needed anything else.

In the process of going through everything... I saw that my Torosaurus got nailed. A couple years ago my mom rented my old room to someone else, & what looks like what happened was that someone opened everything that I had everything stored in, & just slammed the door down on my stuff.

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I am looking for a replacement Torosaurus. Either complete, incomplete, or just for parts. The unit that I have is actually in good shape... it's just that the tail was snapped off. I would like to fix it because of sentimental value. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

derandber

Well I just thought that I would 'bump' this message. I thought that I just got lucky last night because I found an auction on eBay where someone in France was selling a Torosaurus with box. I'm a little bit ticked at the situation, but I was outbid at the last moment.  *yuck* I don't mind that I lost out because there will be another 1 to come across in the future... but I hate it when you place a bid in for something, & someone else nickels & dimes you at the last minute! I hate it when bidders bid like that!  >:(

But like I said... I just thought that I would bump this post & now ask if anyone knows if there are any other fan sites besides eBay where I can hopefully find what I am looking for? I am new to Dino-Rider collecting, & am not sure if I am missing something by accident. God knows that there are plenty of Transformer fan sites for example. I am just asking because of the fact that the only other auction that they have up at the moment on eBay that has a Torosaurus is going for $500. It is a mass lot, you can call me cheap... but I don't want to pay $500 just to get the dinosaur. Can anyone lead me in a new direction?

DinoToyForum

Sorry to hear your figure got damaged. Unfortunately I don't have a Torosaurus, but hopefully someone here can help...  :)

derandber

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 27, 2013, 03:50:25 PM
Sorry to hear your figure got damaged. Unfortunately I don't have a Torosaurus, but hopefully someone here can help...  :)

Hey man... thanks for even the offer! Like I said... even the situation is kind of messed up! I haven't gotten him in yet, but I bought a Diplodocus a couple days ago. The body looks like it's in good shape... but I have to see exactly what shape that it's in when I actually get it. You know how that goes! It looks 1 way in a picture... but is another when you get it in hand! It's like that joke of going to see about a 'car that needs work,' & when you get there... all that is there is a rusted chassis!  :o They said that 1 of the front legs is a little bit 'lazy.' So I don't know if that means that there is something loose or broken. I'll just have to see when it comes in.  :-\

But the thing that sucks about the Torosaurus was that it was 1 of the last Christmas gifts that I got from my grandmother. She's still alive... but this isn't something that you can easily replace. I didn't put it away broken, but I can't even repair it by gluing it back together because I don't have the piece that is missing. So that's the problem that I have right now.

What sucks about the guy that was living  here was that I thought that he was a jerk. He eventually was kicked out because he wasn't paying his rent. I am not against the guy because of this, but he had a slight mental disability. Which I am not against because I was born with a disability. Mine was physical whereas his was mental. So in my own way I know what it is like to be different in that regard. But he liked to milk it, & was a user. What he did was he went through everything that I had, looked at it, & in my Torosaurus case... slammed a door on it.  >:( It's just 1 of those things that will take some time to resolve.

I did email that 1 user eBay that had that mass lot of stuff. I have a feeling because of the price that it won't sell. I could be seriously wrong & it might, but I don't think that will be the case. I suggested that he break it down to smaller lots to attract more buyers. I am sure that he wants to get rid of everything, & not to have anything hanging around... but with today's economy... I have a feeling that there would be a lot more people willing to pay $100 or so for a medium sized collection rather than $500 for a slightly larger 1. But I could be just yaking.  :P I am used to buying a junk lot at a certain price... & then reselling the remains off at a profit.

I did offer to buy the ceratopsians (did I spell that right?) off him. Let's see if I get a pulse!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.