News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Zbrush Dinosaurs and 3D Prints

Started by Gorgonzola, March 11, 2013, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

My concern would be with the humerus, its size, range of motion and ability to articulate in the way demonstrated. The femur offers another problem, but if the ribs are slender enough it works. It is more my concern that with three feet off the ground and a back leg driving its motion, the dinosaur would flip over end to end rather than run.It is a gorgeous model, perhaps when other poses become availible I can grab one. I like the texture and detail especially, and how the head is done.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

fabricious

The Nasutoceratops is a really beautiful model, well done! Same goes to Martin for the amazing paintjob, as usual.

I had to stop working on my Saurophaganax-model due to a couple of problems regarding the sculpting process (I am fairly new to 3D-art), if I get back into it or start working on a new model, might I take the liberty to ask you a few questions then?

Gorgonzola

Quote from: fabricious on September 24, 2014, 09:48:46 AM
The Nasutoceratops is a really beautiful model, well done! Same goes to Martin for the amazing paintjob, as usual.

I had to stop working on my Saurophaganax-model due to a couple of problems regarding the sculpting process (I am fairly new to 3D-art), if I get back into it or start working on a new model, might I take the liberty to ask you a few questions then?

Go for it, I'll share whatever I know.

fabricious

Thanks a lot! I'll definitely contact you once I get back into sculpting.

Gorgonzola

Hi all,

I've started to get back into sculpting some dinosaurs here and there as a way to take a break from illustration work and keep up my sculpting practice.  For a long while now I've wanted to dip my toe into making some illustrations using the sculpts, but always was uncertain of the approach that would be best suited for it.  Finally got a process figured out using Blender and Zbrush together, and I present two paleoart illustrations I made late last year.

I'd like to get back into producing some resin kits, but right now I don't have a strong plan for that, so in the meantime I'm just doing some 2D stuff as it's a bit of a faster turnaround.  For any curious, I'm also selling these as prints on my site, asidesart.com/store.

ITdactyl

Awesome work on those Giraffatitan (I'm just assuming they are Giraffatitan).  I particularly like the scene composition, as well as how you made the faces a bit bulbous and the 'dewlap' more conservative.  Thanks for sharing your talent.

Bokisaurus

Nice to see you back and still doing some dino related art. Those are beautiful!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.