News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

The period of mourning is over. Now the Beautiful Dinosaur mix also continues :) .
                                                                          Before the break we were here:
                http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=collections&action=display&thread=2972&page=37

New start - new model
                                                        Here's the latest acquisition to my Sideshow collection:
                                                                :D  Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama

brontodocus

Hurra! :) I knew one of the board's most awesome collection threads would come over here! And I expected you'd start with something really spectacular, great photos as always!

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

:-[  Thanks Andre :)! I'm feeling better now. I was missing my own thread, as stupid as it is ;D.

Tylosaurus

That's an amazing epic battle Protoceratops versus Velociraptor :D Very good details man!

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 23, 2012, 03:09:50 PM
:-[  Thanks Andre :) ! I'm feeling better now. I was missing my own thread, as stupid as it is ;D .
Given the care and effort you've put into it that's just normal! You can be proud of it and you know how much we all like it. Your thread's title pretty much sums it up just like it always did. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

I couldn't have said it better.  :)

And as for this newest acquisition:

Also: however do you take such beautiful pictures?  :'(

postsaurischian

Thanks so much, friends :)!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[sings] "These are a few of my favourite things"
                                       (just a summary of some nice figures & models in my collection from DTF v.1)

Kaiyodo Dinoland 100mm series Tyrannosaurus (unpainted puzzle version)

Paleocraft 1:20 Woolly Mammoth by Sean Cooper

Invicta Collection (with intruders - Shapeways Brachylophosaurus & Basel Tsintaosaurus)

Shapeways 1:144 series by David Krentz - painted & based by Martin Garratt

Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20 Allosaurus

Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20 Ankylosaurus

Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20 Anchiceratops

Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20 Parasaurolophus

Para parade!

"The Mistaken Extinction"

Shapeways 1:12 Velociraptor by Aaron Doyle - painted by Noora Kivisilta

Shapeways 1:12 Chirostenotes by Aaron Doyle - painted by Noora Kivisilta

Shapeways 1:75 and 1:50 Gryposaurus (red) & Brachylophosaurus (blue) by Angie Rodrigues

Safari Carnegie Collection Miragaia by Forest Rogers

Favorite Softmodels 1st series Plesiosaurus, Wild Safari Coelacanth, Safari Carnegie Collection Ichthyosaurus

Kaiyodo Dinotales No.014B Diplocaulus magnicornis & Play Visions Gerrothorax

Geibunsha Ankylosaurus

Shapeways mini Diplodocus by David Krentz

Kaiyodo the Study Room Australopithecus apharensis "Lucy" & Safari Missing Links Woolly Rhino

Colorata Expo Model Quetzalcoatlus

stoneage

:)  Great model, great detail!  So Ceratopsians really do eat meat!

Tylosaurus

This one looks interesting :)

Good ole Nothosaurus :D

DinoToyForum

Some truly amazing pieces Postsaurischian.  8) Enough to make one jealous! I see that Invictas have taken over the space where Favorites once were.  :)

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Dyscrasia

Awesome collection as always! Some of them seem to be unique~

brontodocus

Although I think I've seen all of these photos before I still can't get over all these lovely repaints by copper and Martin Garratt! 8)

Himmapaan

I'm lost for words all over again...

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 23, 2012, 10:42:26 PM
Some truly amazing pieces Postsaurischian.  8) Enough to make one jealous! I see that Invictas have taken over the space where Favorites once were.  :)
Thanks Dr. Admin :). That's right! The Invictas once again won through. They're timeless and so ornamental. They (plus the two intruders) fit perfectly on top of that CD shelf and correspond much better with the young Viktor Frankenstein in his student housing above them :).

Quote from: Dyscrasia on March 23, 2012, 11:32:23 PM
Awesome collection as always! Some of them seem to be unique~
Thanks Dyscrasia :).

Regarding the paintjobs lots of them are unique.
Regarding the models only one nearly is. Actually there are two of this model in existance. One is made of silver (or was it gold?) and the other one (mine) is just made of black, strong & flexible synthetic. Some might know which figure that is ;).

ZoPteryx

Himmapaan

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 24, 2012, 12:42:03 AMRegarding the models only one nearly is. Actually there are two of this model in existance. One is made of silver (or was it gold?) and the other one (mine) is just made of black, strong & flexible synthetic. Some might know which figure that is ;).
Why, that's the David Krentz Diplodocus, naturally. I want it so very badly I shall simply die... *melodramatic theatrics*

radman

A lovely collection, beautifully posed and photographed.  Some very rare and unique pieces, congratulations!  What is that framed drawing by your CD collection?

postsaurischian

Quote from: radman on March 24, 2012, 12:41:37 PM
A lovely collection, beautifully posed and photographed.  Some very rare and unique pieces, congratulations!  What is that framed drawing by your CD collection?
Thanks radman - good to see you here. The family slowly gets together again :).
The drawing is one of the illustrations that Berni Wrightson made for the Marvel Frankenstein book in 1976 / 77.
It shows the young Victor Frankenstein studying in his apartement.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  Inspired by Seijun's picture of the original Carnegie Apatosaurus baby from Germany (unfortunately we still don't have
  the 'link to post' feature back), I took some pics of its mother, that Grand Dame of rubber sauropods - also of German origin:

radman

Thanks Posti, good to see you as well.  Still not lovin' the new format, but it is what it is. :-\
I actually have that Wrightson book, somewhere, although I have no idea where it might be at the moment - anyway, I thought it looked familiar. ;)  I do like his style, nice choice.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.