News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

irimali's dinosaur art

Started by irimali, August 21, 2013, 01:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: irimali on August 23, 2013, 12:14:08 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 21, 2013, 05:35:12 PM
Excellent work. I particularly like the sauropod and Kentrosaurus. Actually, they look like they would make nice tattoo designs and I have been on the lookout for dinosaur tattoo ideas.

Thanks!  What kind of dinosaur were you thinking of getting tattooed?

I have no real preference as long as it looks good. Originally I wanted a Tyrannosaurus, Allosaurus, Deinonychus or some other theropod but I really am open to anything. The only real reason I picked theropods over any of the herbivores is because I hadn't yet seen any designs for the herbivorous dinosaurs that I thought would work for a tattoo. Until now that is.

irimali

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 23, 2013, 03:48:29 PM
Quote from: irimali on August 23, 2013, 12:27:08 AM

Your Dinosaur illustrations are very beautiful and unique, irimali.
I especially like this Coelophysis diorama :D.
What is the cute thing up there? Baby or prey?

Thank You!
That cute little guy is Dolabrosaurus.  It was part of a group of triassic lizards specialized for life in the trees.  Ceolophysis is looking at it as potential prey, so it's holding up its big thumb claws defensively.

irimali

Massospondylus & Lesothosaurus

DinoToyForum

Quote from: irimali on August 24, 2013, 12:00:04 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on August 23, 2013, 03:48:29 PM
Quote from: irimali on August 23, 2013, 12:27:08 AM

Your Dinosaur illustrations are very beautiful and unique, irimali.
I especially like this Coelophysis diorama :D.
What is the cute thing up there? Baby or prey?

Thank You!
That cute little guy is Dolabrosaurus.  It was part of a group of triassic lizards specialized for life in the trees.  Ceolophysis is looking at it as potential prey, so it's holding up its big thumb claws defensively.

Ah yes! Wonderful detail. :)

irimali

Until I have time to do some more drawing, I thought I'd post some photos.  These are all people with their bodies painted to be dinosaurs, other animals, etc.

Camarasaurus:

Triceratops:

Tyrannosaurus:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Huh..that's a pretty neat idea!

irimali

saichania

Blade-of-the-Moon

Beautiful detailing and such clean lines as well. :)

Balaur

Wow. This si fantastic art! My favourite has to be the Coelophysis and Dolabrosaurus. Keep up the good work!

irimali

thanks guys!

this is my first attempt at coloring one of these.  the photo doesn't look quite as good as the original, but it's the closest i could get.

A male Nothronychus displaying:

tyrantqueen

Interesting interpretation. Very peacock like :)

irimali

A few plush dinosaurs I sewed:

Einiosaurus:

irimali

irimali

irimali

This is a cake I just made for my portfolio.  I'm in school for baking right now.  Body is cake/buttercream, head/legs are rice krispie treats/fondant. Scales are all piped on.

Triceratops:

deanm

Wow!!!! That is amazing!!!  I love the details you put in plus the colour combinations.

Blade-of-the-Moon

wow..talk about many talents !

BTW I guess I never posted the Allosaurus you did for me at least not here , it's AWESOME ! :

DinoToyForum

A cake!? Seriously, that is stunning.  :o

The other pieces are wonderful too :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 27, 2014, 06:33:07 PM
A cake!? Seriously, that is stunning.  :o

The other pieces are wonderful too :)

I kinda want to eat it and I sort of don't want to ruin it...I'm confused..and hungry.  I need to look in the fridge.  ^-^

irimali

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 15, 2013, 07:06:53 PM
Interesting interpretation. Very peacock like :)

Thanks!  I wanted to do something like a peacock/rooster/turkey, especially the way the feathers really hide the skinny neck and change the animal's outline. 

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.