News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Aram-Rex's art

Started by Aram-Rex, August 29, 2014, 03:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neosodon

Looks kind of vulture like. Since you asked for critique I think it would look a little nicer if the head and neck area were fixed up a little more. The way the feathers transition into the pale bald skin looks kind of creepy to me. I like the detail though, nice work.  ;)

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Aram-Rex

New Allosaurus Fragilis commission I've done on Photoshop CC 2015. I had loads of different thoughts on how to execute the skin and scale transitions, also I've made him a bit less agile and silky than the way Allo is usually portrayed lately.

Comments always appreciated.

alexeratops

Quote from: Aram-Rex on May 16, 2017, 03:05:50 PM

Comments and critique always appreciated.

Delightful!

As someone already said, I believe the head and neck could use some fixing, and maybe the feet, but other than that, it's good!  :D
like a bantha!

Aram-Rex

Thanks Alexeratops, appreciate it. I'll be doing 8 more of these sorts of illustrations as they'll be in an upcoming novel. But I can't spoil it, because the author hasn't finished it yet :). And yes, I do agree, the transition of the neck is a bit weird, but I took female ostriches as reference for it.

Aram-Rex

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I last posted my work here. Now I'd like to share some of the work I've done during the month of October for Inktober. Basically Inktober is a a tradition for artists created by Jake Parker, when you draw/create art using material with ink (markers, pens, brushes, etc...) everyday during the month of October. So I'd decided to do paleoart for the whole month of October.

All sorts of feedback is appreciated.  O:-)

Also I am inviting you all to subscribe to my YouTube channel where I'll be uploading time lapses of my artwork regularly and there's a separate thread dedicated just for that content as well. Hope to see you there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ycbONydXCIsgx6XmqH4PQ?view_as=subscriber

Thank you all!

Day 1 - Microraptor

Day 2 - Psittacosaurus

Day 3 - Postosuchus

Day 4 - Homalocephale

Day 5 - Styracosaurus

Day 6 - Utahraptor

Day 7 - Pachycephalosaurus

Day 8 - Ceratosaurus

Day 9 - Juvenile Brachiosaurus

Day 10 - Edmontonia

Day 11 - Tupandactylus

Day 12 - Cryolophosaurus

Day 13 - Corythosaurus

Day 14 - Gorgosaurus

Day 15 - Baryonyx

Day 16 - Iguanodon

Day 17 - Dilophosaurus

Day 18 - Allosaurus

Day 19 - Stegosaurus

Day 20 - Carnotaurus

Day 21 - Ankylosaurus

Day 22 - Acrocanthosaurus

Day 23 - Quetzalcuatlus

Day 24 - Tyrannosaurus Rex

Day 25 - Triceratops

Reptilia

Great artwork, especially like the Microraptor and Tyrannosaurus.

Halichoeres

Wow, a prolific month for you! Well done.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Aram-Rex

All wrapped up on this piece. Wanted to draw a scene from the Albian stages. I know, the sail is quite inaccurate and we don't know for sure yet if Spinosaurus was a quadruped or a theropod, but I'd drawn the sketch for this back in 2016 and I hadn't done my research properly. So I decided to finish some of my abandoned projects from back then, and this is one of them.

I'm also inviting you to like/follow my art pages and other social media. ✍️🦕🐊🦖

All the best.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/APPaleoart/
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/arampapazyan.art/
Twitter https://twitter.com/ArtbyAP
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ycbONydXCIsgx6XmqH4PQ...

Reptilia

Another great piece!

Aram-Rex

I'm back! With a new digital illustration. I tried to do my best to depict T. Rex with the most accurate facial reconstruction possible. The time lapse video is also available on my Youtube channel. Your support would be immensely appreciated. Thank you and all the best everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVnpryeuYAA

Halichoeres

Beautiful texture work!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Aram-Rex

Haven't posted in quite a while! Glad to be back with loads of new things to share with you all. For today I'll introduce you to a Baryonyx I'd drawn traditionally as a commission and then worked on digitally to come up with this as a final result. All feedback and critique is appreciated.

Shonisaurus

It reminds me a lot of the baryonyx protagonist of the JW movie. You are an excellent paleo artist. I had never visited this thread but sincerely I like art in general and to be honest paleoart and I like this illustration mainly because the great thing about it is that it is made with conservative colors but that enhances the figure of that British theropod so representative for the general public.

The theropod finish is great. You are a great artist.

Aram-Rex

Thanks so much ;D !! I'm finally back with more stuff to show!

Aram-Rex

Hello everyone! I'm back with more artwork to share with all of you! First I'll start with my latest and biggest work. During the past 2 months I have been working on this big illustration. I decided to draw the Indoraptor on an A1 size paper and wantd to recreate a scene that was eventually cut from Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom where the Indoraptor is holding a skull in it's arm. I thought it was a pretty cool concept and decided to draw it myself. Here are some images and the video of the creation process on my Youtube channel! Thank you all very much for looking. I'll make sure to check back as soon and as often as possible. Cheers everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h3lFcKT8Kc&t=663s

Aram-Rex

Shonisaurus

It provokes dread that indoraptor is a great work the illustration is disturbing. It's the best I've seen in the art of illustration. You can draw with this skill with any painting / drawing method and any type of theme. I congratulate you.

Halichoeres

Wow, that's impressive. Are you using ball-points??

Aram-Rex

Hello again everyone! It has frankly been ages since I updated everyone on here about my work and I think it's way overdue that I do just that.

So, please forgive me for the hibernation.

Here is my latest video of the creation process of my Therizinosaurus illustration that I drew for a commission.

https://youtu.be/B2QrB8x1J8U

If you haven't seen my other videos, then I invite you all to check them out and subscribe to the channel, if you like the content 🙂.

Thanks all and I'll be back with more work updates very soon!

Cheers!

Shonisaurus

Wow!!!! Often therizinosaurus how you draw you are an unusual artist. I really like your thread you are one of the best paleoartists I know of DTF.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.