News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 artwork

Started by spinosaurus1, November 04, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

meyerasaurus victor

liopleurodon ferox

thalattoarchon saurophagis

Deinocheirus

Poekilopleuron bucklandii

siats meekerorum

DinoLord

These are great! Excellent use of colored pencils.

Yutyrannus

Welcome to the forum :)! These are very cool pictures, I especially like the Siats.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Manatee

These are amazing drawings, I'd say some of the best I've seen on the forum. 

Rathalosaurus

This drawings are gorgeous. The best I've ever seen. :D :D
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

spinosaurus1

thank you all for your commentary.
nanuqsaurus hoglundi. I'm honestly not that proud of this one

spinosaurus sketch

( this is a rather old drawing)
xiphactinus audax

Rathalosaurus

You SHOULD be proud. As I said, these are GORGEOUS!!!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

A.Garcia

I really enjoyed looking at these- nicely done. My favorite might be Poekilopleuron. Its sleek appearance and pose gives off something like a goanna-ish air; it is taking in its surroundings or picking up a scent. How do you go about choosing poses? Maybe I'm a perfectionist but I've always felt that I wouldn't be happy making 2d pictures without a model or maquette to guide me for things like foreshortening. I think these have potential to look really great with digital editing, too, such as heightened shadows/contrast or added background.

Pinkamena

These are all totally awesome! You definitely should be proud!

My fave is the Xiphactinus  ^-^
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

fabricious

I saw these on deviantArt already, great work and progress! Try working a bit on your perspective and you should be in a higher league in no time! :)

spinosaurus1

Quote from: A.Garcia on November 05, 2014, 07:52:01 PM
I really enjoyed looking at these- nicely done. My favorite might be Poekilopleuron. Its sleek appearance and pose gives off something like a goanna-ish air; it is taking in its surroundings or picking up a scent. How do you go about choosing poses? Maybe I'm a perfectionist but I've always felt that I wouldn't be happy making 2d pictures without a model or maquette to guide me for things like foreshortening. I think these have potential to look really great with digital editing, too, such as heightened shadows/contrast or added background.
thanks alot :))
a lot of my drawings are in fact, inspired by birds and varanids. this would also lead to many poses, which I end up viewing many photos of both creatures, as well as skeletal mounts of any specific theropod. so i'm glad the goanna-ish like feel to the illustration came out correctly.

spinosaurus1

a few more rather old drawings before I start posting new ones.( my most recent one i'm working on as of now is a sinosaurus walking alongside a panguraptor)
spinosaurus

onchopristis( I've actually drawn this with Crayola pencils in school. so anatomical inaccuracies may be evident. {cough}dentition{cough}

Leaellynasaura( also done in Crayola color pencils)

alexeratops

Great drawings! I can relate with you, I draw during class too. tee hee. O:-)
like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

That makes three of us, I draw in class too (usually dragons, but occasionally prehistoric life) :). Anyway, those are really cool drawing's, I especially like the color pattern on the Onchopristis.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Pachyrhinosaurus

Those are amazing drawings! They look like ones out of a textbook or something of the sort. Can't wait to see more.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

sauroid

beautiful art work. would love to see more.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

spinosaurus1

Manatee

It looks wonderful! I especially like the coat of floof on the Panguraptor; seeing feathers on something that isn't a coelurosaur is always nice, even without the lack of solid evidence. Speculation for the win!

spinosaurus1

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.