News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 01, 2015, 06:58:14 PM
Utahraptor will be available at stores late February.  Acrocanthosaurus? You will be surprised next week  ;)
Late February?  Does that include online like BigBadToyStore(who lists it as coming second quarter)?  If so, that makes me happy, that could be around my birthday! ;D  And I will?  I thought the next big boy was Ceratosaurus?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dobber

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 01, 2015, 06:49:03 PM
While I am all for total accuracy in dinosaurs, I want this Utahraptor because it looks amazing.  Not to mention it'll be the third feathered dino in my current collection(the first being Carnegie's Microraptor and the second being Papo's Archaeopteryx).  And if they're serious about trying to be more accurate in the future?  Great!  All I know is that "Wind Hunter" looks great!  And it's $29.99 on BigBadToyStore, so I have no problem deciding to pick him up.  The waiting is going to suck though.  Any ideas when it'll first arrive?

MY only concern with "Wind Hunter" is stability.  Judging by reviews and pictures of the Yutyrannus and T. rex, I think it's a safe assumption that the Utahraptor won't have peg  holes in its base or foot, so I'm curious how it will stay standing on one foot and remain stable on the base.

EDIT: Also, a small suggestion?  I'd love to see REBOR tackle one of my personal favorite therapods, Acrocanthosaurus.  It's rather obscure to the general public, but I can imagine that the higher spine would give plenty of opportunity for creative licensing to make it really stand out!

Utahraptor will be available at stores late February.  Acrocanthosaurus? You will be surprised next week  ;)
Thanks REBOR, now there's 2 things to look forward to next week.

Also, I asked earlier...possibly in another thread, but I think I got drowned out by the other....."stuff."....but I was wondering if there was a possibility of you guys revisiting any of your other animals, like the T-rex, again. I really do like the current one, I own one, but admittedly would like to see something less inspired by JP. You all deffinately have the talent and I am a sucker for Tyrannosaurus.  ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

redman

I've already seen the gif on your Facebook page, but thank you for your replay. It seems to me that the review will be available only after the official release of the statue in February, I'll wait :'(

Dobber

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM
Late February?  Does that include online like BigBadToyStore(who lists it as coming second quarter)?  If so, that makes me happy, that could be around my birthday! ;D  And I will?  I thought the next big boy was Ceratosaurus?

I gave up on BBTS, as they still don't even have the T-rex. I just went with Dan's Dino's instead.
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Dobber on February 01, 2015, 07:31:34 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

I gave up on BBTS, as they still don't even have the T-rex. I just went with Dan's Dino's instead.

Everything at the BBTS tent to be told out quickly due to the pre-order system, we actually have shipped them several waves of King T-rex already but all have been sold out in the blink of an eye, and the most recent shippment will be with them next week accroading to our tracking information. It seems that fans and collectors in the States really like our products  :))

Albertosaurus

Acrocanthosaurus?? Damn...I was hoping for a ceratopsian................................Nasutoceratops,please....it is all I ask for....
Anyways the amount of figures you are releasing is impressive!!!

redman

Acrocanthosaurus this also a great news, till now i never seen a good replica of this giant, let's hope it will be a masterpiece from rebor  :)

Concavenator

Quote from: redman on February 01, 2015, 08:03:22 PM
Acrocanthosaurus this also a great news, till now i never seen a good replica of this giant, let's hope it will be a masterpiece from rebor  :)
Shane foulkes' is amazing.

Shadowknight1

Well, I have the Wild Safari one and the CollectA looks promising, but I'll dump the CollectA in a heartbeat if the REBOR Acro looks anywhere near as good as the Utahraptor.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on February 01, 2015, 08:11:41 PM
It is...but it'll leave you with a sore wallet. I'm glad I own it though.

Concavenator

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 01, 2015, 08:33:14 PM
Well, I have the Wild Safari one and the CollectA looks promising, but I'll dump the CollectA in a heartbeat if the REBOR Acro looks anywhere near as good as the Utahraptor.
I also own the WS one.It's pretty good.
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 01, 2015, 08:43:28 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on February 01, 2015, 08:11:41 PM
It is...but it'll leave you with a sore wallet. I'm glad I own it though.
WOW,you're so lucky!  :o

Paleogene Pals

I have Shane's Acro too, painted by Martin to boot. It is truly awesome!

tanystropheus

I have the WS Acro...the colors are wonderful...but for some reason or another I don't quite love it. It looks kinda odd...perhaps, the legs are stocky or something...
It looks cool from this angle:
http://d2qss72tiioiku.cloudfront.net/image/original/collectible-85177.jpg?0
http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7057/6847774588_e313f2f323_m.jpg

Not so much from this angle:
http://dinotoyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/WSAcro.jpg

Maybe, it's just me...lol

indominus rex

I so glad we are getting a Acrocanthosaurus! I curious on how they are sculpting her but I have no doubt that I'm going to preorder her. I've been waiting for a good Acrocanthosaurus for a long time and I have no doubt rebors will the the best on the market.  ;D

Albertosaurus

Ok,Rebor,is monday,the new week has began...show us that Ceratosaurus!!
And once again,please,Nasutoceratops or Diabloceratops in the near future!Both are magnificent animals!

CityRaptor

Pretty sure they will announce it in a new thread, something like:
REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus nasicornis Museum Class Replica "Overkill"
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 02, 2015, 05:31:51 PM
Pretty sure they will announce it in a new thread, something like:
REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus nasicornis Museum Class Replica "Overkill"

The snark isn't welcome. This is a warning.  C:-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Agreed.  that's how these issues we've been having start.   Let Rebor start a new thread when they are ready.

Dinomike

I'm quite excited to see what Rebor will show us next! At least you guys have a line of dinos that will not go unnoticed! :D I'm looking forward to your ceratosaurus as well as, if I understood correctly, acrocanthosaurus! How cool would that be!? Yay!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

indominus rex

Now all we have to do is wait for the official reveal of the Acrocanthosaurus and the new photos of the Ceratosaurus, they should be released soon. :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.