News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What do you want from a Dino Riders film/Toys?

Started by Jack James, October 17, 2015, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack James

So with the only Dino Riders news in a long long time that Mattel are at least looking into a reboot what do you want, expect, hope, don't want to see from a film and more importantly the toys?

Will they keep with the existing characters and premise of Valorians v Rulons? Personally with Dino Riders being a huge theme of my childhood I see this as a must. Seeing Krulos perched on top of his T-rex in a live action film would be a dream come true. With limited existing story material and almost non-existent back story I guess this frees them up to do what they wish. The minimum I'd like to see is all the characters earthly origins explained and we're not simply told there aliens. Perhaps in an ancient human expansion animal hybrids were created to take advantage of less habitable planets. I also think there could be other human like factions, some with the Valorians some against and I'd love to see some hybrid factions on the side of the Valorians. Mix all up a bit, I even think there's room for some true aliens.

As for the toys I obviously hope there the best dinosaur figures to yet hit the market with big beautiful box art. I prefer my dino's with a lot of colour and it's time someone was brave enough to use a whole lot more  feathers. As for the armour I hope it doesn't go to slick as I always imagined they're salvaging weapons from a scrapped spaceship and strapping it on dinosaur's  anyway they can. And please could the T-rex be orange and green!

I'd love to hear what you guys think?

Dino Boss

I would love to see a re release of the old line even if they have to scale them down and take out the battery features. I would also love to see new Dinos in the toy line as well.

As far as the film goes if they are going for a franchise they can take enough away from the 14 episodes to make a trilogy for sure.

Jack James

Yeah, I'd be very happy with any sort of re-release. I love sending my dino's walking across the floor, I wonder if that function would hold up in today's market?

Takama

All i want is them make a Film that makes dinosaurs as accurate as they say they are.   

No "Feathers are lame" Crap from the director, and still claim that the scaly animals are 100% real (im looking at you Jurassic World)

Unless the Film takes place on a completely different planet then earth. Then they can go hog wild.

John

How about one with lots of over the top graphic violence and strong language!Like the original Robocop!And while they're at it,nudity too!So what if it makes no sense story-wise!They can just shoehorn it in like they do in the Starship Troopers movies!Add a few dinosaurs somewhere in the middle of all that and viola!A blockbuster! ;D

On a more serious note,this would certainly be different than any other movie with dinosaurs I've ever seen before.With the way the story was,there would be a place for virtually any dinosaur and prehistoric animal imaginable,even close relatives on each side (imagine Styracosaurus on one side with Centrosaurus as it's counterpart on the other).Maybe they could figure out a way in the story to allow for any prehistoric animal from any time to appear and intermingle with one another.Imagine a scene showing the two sides about to face off with such variety as Diplodocus,Dimetrodon and Tyrannosaurus among MANY others all in the scene at once like the old cartoon show. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Jetoar

I will prefer a film with a classic vision of the dinosaurs because I think that is a romantic vision for us that I saw the tv show and playing with the toys. And if they decide to put feathers, please, dont put a lot of feathers. I would like to see again they toys in the stores.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

I'd love to see the dinosaurs get updated (even if it's unlikely to happen) but I'd love it even more if they kept the same general style, IE if they feathered the Deinonychus I'd prefer if they had the same colour palette.

If the movie does well I would expect to see a new toy line, but also potentially limited re-releases of the original figures for a collectible market. This movie would probably be going to use a lot of nostalgia marketing (why I'm not holding my breathe for feathers), so I think it's reasonable to assume that they would make a collector appeal line.

Jack James

I agree. Updated but recognisable.

One of the things that for me separates the Dino Riders dinosaurs from other figures are the glass eyes used. I feel it adds so much life to a plastic toy and I hope it's something picked up on and not another cost cut?

XIkonX

As far as a movie goes it would be nice to have familiar characters and a look. But I'm sure it's going to be updated, realistically I'm very excited for any attention to Dino-riders period.

With the toys it would be nice to maybe reissue series 1 to test the waters sort of encore transformers style. Then give them the masters of the universe classics treatment for a possibly bigger scale and more adult collector. Either way I'm stoked.

This is my first post. Long time reader but never went and made a profile. I'll get together collection pics and post up my stuff later!

Takama

I hope that when they make the toys, they wont make them Cheap like the JW toys

Jack James

It's unbelievable how poor those JW toys are. We'll have to hope the spirit of Tyco is revived for "hopefully" a new line or re-release. I wonder if Mattel would design the toys and say here put these in the movie or wait and see what the movie folk's come up with?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Takama on October 22, 2015, 05:57:11 AM
I hope that when they make the toys, they wont make them Cheap like the JW toys
IMO that wouldn't have been a problem if the JW toys were actually priced cheap  :-\

Carnosaur

In the original DinoRiders toy line Tyco proudly boasted that the dinosaur toys were the most accurate toys
made at that time.

I'd like to see that trend continue with this new movie and related merchandise.
I'd also like to see the new toys keep the glass eyes the originals had, but I wouldn't miss the battery operated dinos unless that can pull it off
without destroying the scientific accuracy of the toy.

XIkonX

Quote from: Carnosaur on December 07, 2015, 04:28:08 AM
In the original DinoRiders toy line Tyco proudly boasted that the dinosaur toys were the most accurate toys
made at that time.

I'd like to see that trend continue with this new movie and related merchandise.
I'd also like to see the new toys keep the glass eyes the originals had, but I wouldn't miss the battery operated dinos unless that can pull it off
without destroying the scientific accuracy of the toy.

It would be rad if the eyes stayed glass and possibly Rulon Dino's eyes were red like they were in the cartoon. I always thought if the Trexs eyes light up red when he was on would be so cool.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.