News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Pachyrhinosaurus' Collection

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, February 07, 2016, 10:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

I was able to visit the ANSP last weekend during Paleopalooza where Ray Troll was drawing a hadrosaurus on exhibit for the event. I seized the opportunity and bought his book which he later signed. Ray Troll has been one of my favorite paleoartists, but he's also a nice guy to meet and talk to.

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Woah, that's super cool!  To be honest, before I saw your post, I never knew he painted things other than fish!  :))

Pachyrhinosaurus

I first saw Troll's work at a museum exhibit a while ago and up until I saw his website this year I didn't realize he did modern fish.

I was able to acquire these fossils at shows I've been to recently. They display well next to their model counterparts.

The ichthyosaur jaw is from the Jurassic of England, with two three teeth in the matrix.

And this Megatherium tooth is from South Carolina.
Save Dinoland USA!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Yesterday I received a long-awaited package-- my Carnegie Allosaurus!

So now my Carnegie Collection is complete!

Here they all are together:

I'll point out that I am missing a few paint variants, but as molds go I now have all of them, except for some minor mold variations.

I can't say for sure when got my first Carnegie figure but I would estimate around 2005 or so, so over a decade later, they're all here.
Save Dinoland USA!

Jose S.M.

Congratulations on completing the Carnegie collection!

ZoPteryx

Missing a few variants or not, that's still a very impressive feat!  Congrats!  :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks!

As I posted in the Recent Acquisitions thread:

The vertebra is from a Bison occidentalis and was found in Kansas.
Here's most of my humble mammal fossil collection:

Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

That trilobite is cool--do you know what kind it is?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 13, 2017, 02:38:41 PM
That trilobite is cool--do you know what kind it is?

The big one on the left is labeled Phacops cristata pipa, but it could also be Phacops logani from Perry County, PA. My best guess for the other one is Amecephalus idahoense, but it didn't come with ID or locality information.
Save Dinoland USA!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Another fossil-figure pairing! This mastodon tooth comes from a cave in Frankstown, PA and was probably excavated around 1907 when the site was first discovered:

With the WS mastodon and a cast of a whole mastodon tooth:

Here's an article on the history of the site, it's a pretty interesting story:
http://scienceblogs.com/laelaps/2010/02/17/a-baby-mastodon-deathtrap/

The fossil now resides in my display case:

And another recent addition, Macrocrinus mundulus:

Save Dinoland USA!

paintingdinos

VERY cool! You have an impressive fossil collection  :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks! When I first started collecting fossils I had no idea my collection would come to be as it is now.

Some new pics; first, a parade of dimetrodons:

And my growing Marx collection:

Save Dinoland USA!

PhilSauria

Great selection of Dimetrodons! I like group photos of the same species (see my collection thread) I see that you don't have the Favorite Co Dimetrodon, IMO worth tracking down and can be had for reasonable prices on eBay, generally from sellers in Japan. I'm guessing that the next addition may be the CollactA?

Bokisaurus

Gotta love these vintage ones. I love the Marx set, they are special :D

Megalosaurus

Fantastic fossils.
Also great way to show the model with a fossil of the species.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thank you!

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 02, 2018, 11:28:17 PM
Gotta love these vintage ones. I love the Marx set, they are special :D

Agreed. I only started collecting Marx last year and it's a nice change of pace from more standard figures.

Quote from: PhilSauria on February 02, 2018, 10:33:49 PM
I see that you don't have the Favorite Co Dimetrodon, IMO worth tracking down and can be had for reasonable prices on eBay, generally from sellers in Japan. I'm guessing that the next addition may be the CollactA?

Personally I'm not interested in either of those but I am on the hunt for an Invicta dimetrodon  ;)
Save Dinoland USA!

Faelrin

That's quite an awesome fossil and figure collection you there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

I love the figures obviously, but those fossils are real beauties!

Mackeral

Those Marx prehistoric men are so nice, imagine them in a diorama  :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.