News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Looking for some ideas for my latest scene

Started by Raptoress, February 10, 2016, 08:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptoress

This will be most likely a black and white drawing, drawn digitally with the aesthetic look of either pen or pencil. Maayyyybe colour but I'm not guaranteeing it. I'm open to almost any species, but obviously some will interest me more than others.

I don't want a scene too big, but I want to excercise my art skills, some ideas I had in mind were of a fight between two species. Just something action packed with plenty of natural looking movement.

Comment your suggestions below. Favourite one will have the drawing dedicated to them on my art page.

jooooo

If you are going for fights I would do a ceratopsian getting attacked by an ornithopod because it is trying to eat an egg as a supplement. That would go against a lot of paleo-stereotypes.

Or perhaps a view of some flying creature, perhaps Pteranodon, from above with a view of the landscape below.

Tree climbing Dromaeosaurs

Ornithomimosaurs kicking a predator in the face

Playful sauropods

Prosauropods battling over a mate.

Dinosaur courtship, perhaps sauropods

Frigate bird-like pterosaurs

Just some suggestions :)

Raptoress

Quote from: Jonagold2000 on February 10, 2016, 09:18:21 PM
If you are going for fights I would do a ceratopsian getting attacked by an ornithopod because it is trying to eat an egg as a supplement. That would go against a lot of paleo-stereotypes.

Or perhaps a view of some flying creature, perhaps Pteranodon, from above with a view of the landscape below.

Tree climbing Dromaeosaurs

Ornithomimosaurs kicking a predator in the face

Playful sauropods

Prosauropods battling over a mate.

Dinosaur courtship, perhaps sauropods

Frigate bird-like pterosaurs

Just some suggestions :)

All excellent suggestions. I've not been the most creative person in terms of paleoart lately so this really helps. Thank you. I particularly like the first idea and the Ornithomimosaurs kicking a predator. I will see what I come up with and post the results soon. :)

Raptoress

Quote from: Jonagold2000 on February 10, 2016, 09:35:24 PM
Can't wait

Stupid question, but do you know what predators would've attempted to hunt an Ornithomimus or Gallimimus?

jooooo

Ornithomimus was hunted by Albertosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Gorgosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus ( and Nannotyrannus if you think it's valid)
Gallimimus had to worry about Tarbosaurus, Alioramus, Deinocheirus(?) and perhaps Raptorex if think that's valid.

I would draw juvenile Tyrannosaurs though as an Ornithomimosaur would definitely not attempt to physically fight off and adult.

Raptoress

Takama