News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jose's Collection (pictures updated on the *THIRD* page)

Started by Jose S.M., July 02, 2016, 10:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

More pics of the new arrivals

Something kind of embarrasing happened when I did the order from DansDinosaurs, I made a mistake and select check as the form of payment when I meant to do it via PayPal, so I emailed Dan to cancel the first order and did it again, bu the first never got cancelled so I sent a mesasage in the store's page and it got cancelled. When I received the figures there was this:

So I flooded him with emails and his emails never came to me, i checked the spam section and everything and nothing. I'm going to change the email adress, I'm so embarrased, even if it was some glitch from the email  :-[ :P

Halichoeres

I've also had problems when emailing Dan's Dinosaurs, although only when I try to do so through the website. But it wasn't quite like that, that's a hell of a glitch!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

Here are more pics of my recent acquisitions:

First CollectA Gastonia and Minmi: I really like this figures but they are a bit small, if they were like W.S. Sauropelta in size they would be 10/10 for me.

CollectA Utahceratops and Bistahieversor: Again a little small, specially Utahceratops, it's smaller than my other CollectA's ceratopsians. The Bistahieversor it's really nice but it leans heavily to it's side, it was like that when I got it. It has nice feathering details and pose and looks better in person that in the Amazon photos.

CollectA Alamosaurus: I really like this one, not too big but still stands out over all other CollectA's I own.

And finally Schleich Kentrosaurus, this one it's just badass   ;)

laticauda

They might be strange choices but the CollectA Utahceratops, Gastonia and Minmi are my all time three favorite dino toys from CollectA.  Also the Schleich Kentro is really awesome too.  Nice selections!!!!

Jose S.M.

Thanks! I'm very happy with them! CollectA should make more ankylosaurs.

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice pics, right now is a great time to be collecting Ceratopsians lots of wonderful models out there.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 23, 2016, 05:59:31 AM
Nice pics, right now is a great time to be collecting Ceratopsians lots of wonderful models out there.

And ceratopsians are my favorite group! I'm really happy for the species announced by Safari and CollectA recently.

Quote from: sauroid on November 23, 2016, 06:12:51 AM
lovely collection Joe

Thanks! The heard expanded a little recently, I'm posting photos of the new ones soon, hopefully.

Tylosaurus

Amazing collection you have Jose_S.M. !! :D :D
But dayum that Schleich Kentrosaurus that one is actually good looking :O
And really I didn't know Schleich had it in em rofl! :D They can actually make something that is really worth getting! Fantastic! 8)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on March 22, 2017, 05:43:16 PM
Amazing collection you have Jose_S.M. !! :D :D
But dayum that Schleich Kentrosaurus that one is actually good looking :O
And really I didn't know Schleich had it in em rofl! :D They can actually make something that is really worth getting! Fantastic! 8)

Thanks! have you seen the new Schleich Stegosaurus and Kentrosaurus sculpts? those look great, specially compared with their other new (dissapointing) figures.

Tylosaurus

Well I seen the new Kentro, looks a lot like the one you have but more of a sandy brown color over the applied red yours has.
Yet I dunno about their new Stego tho, but I'll give it a look, it's been ages I did Dino collecting, been out of it for a good 4 years s or so 8)
Do you have a display for your dino's as well? If so where you display them in a vitrine or so?

Jose S.M.

I started my collection less then a year ago, and I didn't have anything to display them so I used the first thing I had available, I still have them in the same  thing, but I'm planning to remodelate my room so I can give them a nicer display.
This is "the thing" (I don't know exactly how this kind of table or furniture is called in english  :))

Some figures are missing, the new Safaris and the Carnegies Dilong and Corythosaurus so the shelves are more crowded now.

Lanthanotus

Nice assortment of figures, I spot a lot of familiar figures :)

PS: I'd call that "thing" a metal rack ;)

sauroid

very nice display. btw, did you change your name? im confused.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 22, 2017, 06:45:55 PM
Nice assortment of figures, I spot a lot of familiar figures :)

PS: I'd call that "thing" a metal rack ;)

Thanks! At last I have a name for the thing!

Quote from: sauroid on March 22, 2017, 06:50:22 PM
very nice display. btw, did you change your name? im confused.

Yeah I change it. The joe part was a typo and I didn't knew how to change it when I realized, recently I figure out how to do it. And I got rid of the numbers because I got bored of seen them everywhere since I'm not very creative when it comes to choosing nicknames  ;D

Jose S.M.

I decided to dust the shelves of the metal rack and did some changes to how the figures are displayed, have a look  ;):

That's what I have at home as of today (sorry for the dirty wall, I have to repaint my room  :-[ :P).

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jose S.M.

Thanks BlueKrono! when it had like 10 figures it looked really empty and I wasn't very pleased, but now I am.

Halichoeres

Any time you designate a space for displaying figures, you will quickly fill it up!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Yeah, seems they cut the original photo just there and mirroed it to the other side, so some of those twigs and leaves of the tree are suspended in thin air, forming that weird artefact. Really looks like some sort of "batman" :D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.