News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Likaon' new models

Started by RobinGoodfellow, February 25, 2017, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

José Miguel Aparicio did a new 2017 figure about WOOLLY RHINOCEROS ( Coelodonta antiquitatis ) - 1:20 -  available through Likaon shop:

Other past prehistoric figures available on Likaon shop are:

Auroc (2013):

Cave Bear (2016):

Cave Lion (2016)

Tasmanian Tiger (2014):

Likaon model shop:

http://www.likaonmodels.com/

:)

Shonisaurus

By the way I have subscribed to the bulletins of that company. But the truth and truth is that I have not been able to see what kind of material these figures are made of. I get the impression they are resin. Apart from that the prices are astronomical.

Above all, I like the anti-chlamyte coelodonta (woolly rhinoceros) but they should specify the material with which their figures are made. They do not look bad precisely but on the contrary they are very well-shaped figures.

sauroid

thats a very cool looking wooly rhino. his models are made of resin, right?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

The Woolly Rhino is a resin figure.
It's 1:20 ( 22 cm x 11 cm ).
I think that the price is ok for a 22 cm resin figure, hand-painted and not mass-produced.
I know far higher prices than that for limited-quantity figures, believe me...  ;)
From my point of view, that figure is gorgeous.  8)

Paleogene Pals

I have the woolly rhino, cave lion, cave bear, and aurochs. I also have his wisent. In fact, I order so often that he usually sets aside a new prehistoric for me whenever one comes out. They are pricey, but I highly recommend his work. I am very satisfied with everything I got from him so far. They are made of resin and hand painted. The woolly rhino is listed as 1/20, but it is on the big side of 1/20. You can get a good idea of how big it is compared to Sean Cooper's woolly rhino and calf.

sauroid

are you going to have the two S. Cooper figures painted? it would make a nice female for the much bigger Likaon model.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Sigmasaurus

These all look very nice, but if I had to choose 1, it would be the Tasmanian Tiger.

Paleogene Pals

Quote from: sauroid on February 25, 2017, 04:44:09 PM
are you going to have the two S. Cooper figures painted? it would make a nice female for the much bigger Likaon model.

Yes, I will eventually. And, yes, since the Likaon rhino is a male (as stated by the artist), I made the Cooper rhino a female. I initially did not want to order the Likaon rhino since I already had the Cooper one, but this turned out to be a nice solution to having two woolly rhinos.

terrorchicken

they are beautiful! I love the rare extant ones too like the addax. If I could only get one though it would be the cave lion.

RobinGoodfellow

I just ordered Rhino and Lion.
More pictures on my collection thread soon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: SpinoLord on February 25, 2017, 06:25:51 PM
These all look very nice, but if I had to choose 1, it would be the Tasmanian Tiger.

I'm not sure but I think it's the same artist who did the PVC version of the Tasmanian Tiger for Mojo Fun.
It looks very similar:

Mojo Fun (PVC)

Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko (Resin)

DinoToyForum

Shall I put the woolly rhino in contention for the top 10 for 2017 poll? Does anyone own it?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 03, 2017, 11:31:07 PM
Shall I put the woolly rhino in contention for the top 10 for 2017 poll? Does anyone own it?

..probably I'm one of the few with Likaon figures in his own collection..

( They are resin, not PVC /models not toys/: is it ok for the poll? )

RobinGoodfellow

New models available now from Likaon:

Extinct

STELLER'S SEA COW

HAAST´S EAGLE

GIANT MOA

Prehistoric

SIVATHERIUM

STEPPE BISON

https://www.likaonmodels.com/available-models.html

RobinGoodfellow

The Likaon collective is back with a new website:

http://likaonmodels.weebly.com

^-^

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.