News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

BlueKrono's Collections

Started by BlueKrono, September 12, 2016, 06:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Dilopho on September 28, 2016, 03:31:23 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on September 28, 2016, 02:53:02 AM
Mosasaur collection:

*snip*
Ooh, who did that big piece?  :o
Also...are those Carnegie and JW bootlegs?
(The dark green mosa and the small white one.)

They are by Salvat. I suppose you could call them bootlegs in a way.

Dilopho

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 28, 2016, 03:36:54 PM
Even the small white JW-looking one?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Dilopho on September 28, 2016, 04:24:43 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 28, 2016, 03:36:54 PM
Even the small white JW-looking one?

I don't know about the JW. The green Mosasaurus is def Salvat though.

Halichoeres

The Salvat Kronosaurus looks like an atypical improvement over the Carnegie!

Very nice mosasaur collections.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Mosasaur collection:

*snip*
I think the small white one is the JW mosasaurus fast food toy. Not really sure though.

BlueKrono

The white one is a two-piece (three if you count the base) Mexican toy that the auction said came inside chocolate eggs. Couldn't pass up that little gem.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dilopho

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 28, 2016, 07:57:33 PM
The white one is a two-piece (three if you count the base) Mexican toy that the auction said came inside chocolate eggs. Couldn't pass up that little gem.
I would say it is based on the bashers and biters figure with the submarine but it looks more like they 3d printed the official model

I actually like the JW 3d model it is a good representation of Mosasaurus in mainstream media apart from size. It even has the pterygoid teeth a.k.a Bite 2: The sequel

Dilopho

BTW your mosasaur collection is pretty much complete in my opinion  ^-^
But you should try the collecta! If you can find it!
It's a really good model. So contrasting to safari's skinny serpent. (Alliteration!)
It is big, muscular and scary!

BlueKrono

Dilopho - The big one is by the "9 Modelism team". I think they have a Facebook... It's the only one I've ever seen for sale, and sure am glad I was able to win it when I did even though it cost a pretty penny. I was shocked at how big it was, and the sculpt is about as close to perfect as you can get. Every tooth is flawless, including the pterygoids. If you look closely you can see that it came with the great white which you can suspend from a string and reenact the famous scene from the movie. The translucent blue base is very eye pleasing as well. There's still a lot out there I'm missing - the SRG big version mosasaur is one most people here would be familiar with. I'll get my claws on the CollectA one eventually, but with 80 years worth of dinosaur collectibles to chase the most recent two years have taken a back seat. If only I could focus on just one collection, but I have many. Just wait until I get to the plesiosaurs. I've got about twice as many as the short-necked swimmers. 8D
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BlueKrono

My pride and joy: my Marx Kronosaurus collection. Also included: the derivative MPC and Winneco Kronos.

BlueKrono

BlueKrono

The mediums. Note in the lower left corner the Neoform and Chialu plesiosaurs - without a doubt the two rarest plesiosaurs out there.

BlueKrono

The big 'uns. Invicta on bottom left to give a sense of scale.

DinoToyForum

I already said it in the respective threads, but your marine reptile collection is staggering. Truly impressive!

BlueKrono

Thanks again. I sure am glad I finally joined the DTF after all these years. The threads here have been a source of great inspiration to me. I figured that you guys and gals would be able to
"appreciate what I'm trying to do." - John Hammond

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 05, 2016, 09:26:30 AM
Thanks again. I sure am glad I finally joined the DTF after all these years. The threads here have been a source of great inspiration to me. I figured that you guys and gals would be able to
"appreciate what I'm trying to do." - John Hammond

You're certainly among like-minded folk here!

BlueKrono

Mosasaur collection:

This just in: it looks like our very own Tumtist did the big Mosa sculpt! He discusses it in this thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4573.20

Regrettably I paid a fair bit more than he was originally asking for it, as I had to outbid some creeps on eBay.  O:-)

stoneage

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 04, 2016, 09:52:23 PM
My pride and joy: my Marx Kronosaurus collection. Also included: the derivative MPC and Winneco Kronos.

I can't tell by the picture, but do you have the Kronosaurus  in Metallic Silver or Green?

BlueKrono

Yes, both. Metallic silver is top row, second from the right, and metallic green is second row, furthest left. Wish the lighting in here were better...

BlueKrono

Ratite collection

Many moderns, but extinct friends include moas, elephant birds, and Diatrymas ("terror birds").

Draco lizard collection

Often hard to distinguish from extant species, but some are expressly Kuehneosuchus or Coelurosauravus.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.