News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favorite: New For 2017

Started by Patrx, October 12, 2016, 04:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

poof.

Tyrannosaurus V Triceratops

Allosaurus V Stegosaurus

Protoceratops V Velociraptor

Spinosaurus V Sarcosuchus

Pteranodon Scramble

CityRaptor

Allosaurus V Stegosaurus is not much of a fight. More like the aftermath of one.

Some of those color schemes look familiar. And the Stegosaurus reminds me a lot of the dead one CollectA made.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Silvanusaurus

Its a shame there isn't one where the herbivore has the upper hand.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 10, 2017, 09:09:09 AM
Its a shame there isn't one where the herbivore has the upper hand.

Hear, hear!  I know nature is red in tooth and claw and all that, but I'm not keen on having "kill" scenes in my collection.  (Just my personal thing, I'm not saying anyone else should take this view!)  I might perhaps go for the Pteranodon pair and also the Protoceratops scene (to remind me of the famous fossil) but I'll definitely pass on the other combinations.

Flaffy

At the moment I have no interest in getting these.
If they were obscure species then I would've considered, but I really don't need another generic Tyrannosaurus, spinosaurus, allosaurus etc. in my collection. Especially since it's not hard to make your own fight scenes from figures you currently have.

sauroid

the Protoceratops paint scheme is so similar to the Safari copy Proto
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

It is necessary to recognize that they are more interesting their favorite Figures model Museum 2016 (guanlong vs yinlong, roundsaurus vs coelophysis, Zhuchengtyrannus vs sinoceratops, yutyrannus fighting and pentaceratops vs bistahieversor).

True that his figures are manidas like the tyrannosaurus, triceratops or allosaurus to give some examples. But frankly when dealing with some miniatures are not badly modeled, perhaps they do not have the perfection of other dinosaur toy companies in this case, but they are still miniatures but for example it is unnatural the position of the tyrannosaurus rex attacker, I do not see it natural , But it is a simple assessment.

terrorchicken

theyre alright but I would have preferred more obscure dinos like the ones from the museum line.
the T-rex looks like the Battat vers 1 colors.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

ZoPteryx

Hmm, I have to echo the sentiment that I'm not especially interested in these.  I think the Allosaurus vs (former) Stegosaurus is my favorite of the bunch, but only because the animals just look a little better sculpted overall.

ceratopsian

The more I look at them, the less keen I am.  They all look at bit rough and ready to me.

Shonisaurus

The basis of support of the two pteranodons from my point of view is exceedingly enormous. They could have made some finer bases like the archeopteryx 2017 Favorite.

Roselaar

Not as hot for them as I initially thought. I might pass on these after all...

tanystropheus

Last year's sets were more finessed.

BlueKrono

Lemme get a good look at that fish the Pteranodons are fighting over.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Flaffy

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 11, 2017, 12:24:29 PM
I'm actually more interested in the fish (if it's not a coelacanth / generic fish) than the rest of the sets.

Halichoeres

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 11, 2017, 03:54:01 PM
I'm actually more interested in the fish (if it's not a coelacanth / generic fish) than the rest of the sets.

I would be interested in the fish if I could remove it from their jaws, but I doubt that will be the case. I think the base is also really cool for the pterosaurs, but I'm not wild about the pterosaurs themselves.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 11, 2017, 05:45:58 PM

I would be interested in the fish if I could remove it from their jaws, but I doubt that will be the case. I think the base is also really cool for the pterosaurs, but I'm not wild about the pterosaurs themselves.

Go figure. It looks like a Wiwaxia without any spines.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 11, 2017, 07:21:39 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 11, 2017, 05:45:58 PM

Go figure. It looks like a Wiwaxia without any spines.

It kinda does, now that you point it out!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

will the pterosaurs have gigantic holes on the bottom of their torsos? ???

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.