News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favorite: New For 2017

Started by Patrx, October 12, 2016, 04:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 13, 2017, 11:18:27 PM
will the pterosaurs have gigantic holes on the bottom of their torsos? ???

Fistulae.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the photo and link FlaffyRaptors. Honestly and I know it is a matter of taste surely the sets that I like most are the spinosaurus vs sarcosuchus and allosaurus devouring corpse of stegosaurus. They are the most realistic.  :)

The protoceratops vs velociraptor did not convince me, I expected better. On the other hand the fight between pteranodones by their crests seems that it is a fight of two different species or a male or female.

As for the fight between tyrannosaurus and triceratops although it is kept in the minds of most of us who are fans of dinosaurs does not convince me because perhaps its size seems to me within the fit less finished than I expected. But what I have said are my own observations.

Reptilia

Archaeopteryx review, it is an amazing little model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVJ7IcC-Bro

Shonisaurus

The Archeopteryx Favorite I have it and I recommend it is a great figure comparable in its genius to that of Safari.  ^-^

robustus_

Anyone have information on these sets? They look amazing (and expensive). Love the breadth of species they choose to represent here - the Redondasaurus/Coelophysis set is great and the dynamic pose of the Yutyrannus pair is awesome.

BlueKrono

Quote from: robustus_ on July 20, 2017, 04:16:09 AM
Anyone have information on these sets? They look amazing (and expensive). Love the breadth of species they choose to represent here - the Redondasaurus/Coelophysis set is great and the dynamic pose of the Yutyrannus pair is awesome.

Fukui Museum - Favorite 2016.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

amargasaurus cazaui

Krono is correct and they are gorgeous sets....I got the set with Yinlong from Halicheroes. Superb models.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Shonisaurus

I have all the models of the Fukui Museum and are fabulous especially the figure that I like in my case is the guanlong vs yinlong and especially the unequaled redondosaurus.

Jose S.M.

I only have the Guanlong sadly. I want those ceratopsians badly but I'm not that interested in the tyrannosaurs to pay the prices they are being charging on eBay.

Halichoeres

Quote from: robustus_ on July 20, 2017, 04:16:09 AM

There's more information in this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4294.0
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Possibly of interest:

Scleropages (arowana) and Atractosteus (alligator gar or close relative)

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 25, 2017, 09:20:04 PM
Possibly of interest:

Definitely of interest. And almost certainly alligator gar.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ZoPteryx

I've been wanting a decent sized gar for my collection, hopefully this one fits the bill!  ^-^

Dinoguy2

Too bad those mini dioramas are so expensive. I'd probably spring for the Pteranodon one if it had a female in place of a time traveling Geosternbergia...
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

mgaguilar

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 25, 2017, 09:20:04 PM
Possibly of interest:

Absolutely of interest. Jesus these are beautiful.
Any news of size?

RobinGoodfellow

...new for 2018 ...

:)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on July 20, 2017, 04:12:34 PM
I only have the Guanlong sadly. I want those ceratopsians badly but I'm not that interested in the tyrannosaurs to pay the prices they are being charging on eBay.

Jose, why do not you entrust those figures to Brett? He lives in the USA and specializes in selling figures of dinosaurs from Japan such as Colorata, Favorite or Kaiyodo.

I have ordered several things (in fact, a shipment for May and June has been approved) regarding Favorite Soft Model dinosaurs of the year 2013 and I have never had any problems with it.

Brett belongs to the forum and ships worldwide. I recommend it and you can have total security that will not disappoint you and that your treatment is always deferential and exceptionally good.

Shonisaurus

By the way, Robin, will Favorite 2018 only make fish? No dinosaur or prehistoric animal for what I see unfortunately.  :-\

That does not mean (I do not understand any fish I'm just a collector) that they are very well made and they are very cool and very nice.  8)

Halichoeres

@maguilar: I have the first four, and they're about 20 cm long, more or less. A little bigger than the Safari coelacanth, in case that helps.

Favorite previewed these in 2017, but Robin is right that they'll end up being 2018 releases. They aren't available on Favorite's site yet (http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/1043521/1043524/list.html).

@Shonisaurus: they announce releases on a rolling basis, so nobody knows if they'll have any prehistorics yet. Probably they will, but hopefully they won't be boring like last year's mini-dioramas.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.