News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Southlands Replicas

Started by stargatedalek, November 16, 2016, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didusineptus

For those who expressed interest in red kangaroos and dingoes, they've already done one of each - plus a platypus and echidna. And yes, now they're working on a diprotodon...

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/posts/270773279992857:0

sauroid

are these the same scale as the major brands?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on May 24, 2017, 01:13:14 AM
are these the same scale as the major brands?

The main Scale this Companey works in is 1:15

sauroid

is that the scale of the major brands' extant animal figures? thanks.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

I have new news about the soutlands diprotodon replicas measures from the tip of the sickle to the tail 16 centimeters. It will be made on a 1:15 scale and apart from that it will be female! I am sincerely glad we are in need of females of both prehistoric mammals and dinosaurs.

I am sincerely in favor of making complete families (as long as there are reasonable remnants) of prehistoric mammals and other prehistoric animals with female, male and offspring (male and female) as is currently done with current mammals especially other companies. I celebrate it.

I pass the facebook link,

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/photos/a.271085636628288.1073741830.197560100647509/271085653294953/?type=3&theater

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on May 24, 2017, 05:51:44 AM

My impression is that most of the major brands aren't to a consistent scale. The Southlands kangaroo is 12.7 cm long according to the MiniZoo web site, whereas the brushtail possum is only 6 cm long. So the kangaroo is similar in size to a standard Safari figure, but the possum is more similar to a Toob figure, if that helps.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

No one adhears to a Scale anymore, however, Most Extant Collectors from what i understand, prefer there models in 1:20 Scale.

Southlands Makes there models mostly in 1:15, but there will be some that are not in that scale due to size. for instance, there platypus is in 1:12 scale

sauroid

thanks, Halichoeres and Takama.

ZoPteryx

That Diprotodon is going to be nice and big, I'm liking it already!  ;D

Shonisaurus

Most importantly the diprotodon is a new species in the toy prehistoric animals market and at a size so it looks pretty good. That is appreciated by companies committed to making excellent figures (in this case Australian animals of all time) as soutlands replicas.

ItsTwentyBelow

Cool, I am definitely interested by this figure! Can't wait to see it. Bring on more animals from the Australian Dreamtime, please!

My Thylacoleo will be happy to have a snack!

Ravonium

A few new photos from the Diprotodon project

suspsy

It's coming along very well! And it's fun watching this ongoing process. I'd like to see them do it for their next project.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

LeapingLaelaps

It's really neat to see just how much work they put into their figures!

Shonisaurus

Jason finishes to publish in soutlands replicas the reconstructed head of the diprotodon. I pass the link.

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/photos/a.271085636628288.1073741830.197560100647509/274888799581305/?type=3&theater

Ravonium

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Takama on May 25, 2017, 04:30:00 AM

No one adhears to a Scale anymore, however, Most Extant Collectors from what i understand, prefer there models in 1:20 Scale.

Southlands Makes there models mostly in 1:15, but there will be some that are not in that scale due to size. for instance, there platypus is in 1:12 scale

I'm fairly certain that the Thylacoleo is 1:10, I don't really think they have any specific scale in mind.

Takama

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on June 06, 2017, 10:38:06 AM
Quote from: Takama on May 25, 2017, 04:30:00 AM

I'm fairly certain that the Thylacoleo is 1:10, I don't really think they have any specific scale in mind.

To Quote Southlands Replicas
QuoteExpanding further, we believe our figures will be the most true to life depictions of Australian Wildlife available with a lot of emphasis on unique features. We're also paying close attention to scale. The majority of figures will be 1:15 scale (as 1:20 or 1:22 is too small for many of the animals we are bringing to you). Some of the very small animals will be 1:12 or less. The main thing is that you will be able to create a diorama with all animals in relative scale.

Shonisaurus

What I like most about soutlands replicas is that their figures are made in a handmade way. Unfortunately in the future many figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals among others will be made (and indeed are already being done in some cases) using printers 3 D, which takes away the merit of the toy itself.

But going to the grain soutland replicas are extraordinary figures and minutely fabricated apart they are figures within the toy market outstanding. It would be great if every nation in the world had a company as serious as this to realize the respective fauna, both current and prehistoric.  8)

Ravonium

More pictures of the head.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.