News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Southlands Replicas

Started by stargatedalek, November 16, 2016, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

its so cool how they actually start out sculpting bones, then muscle, than skin and fur, layer by layer.

Shonisaurus

It is the diprotodon at first sight that I would like it to make a brand of toys. Hopefully what I think will materialize, on the other hand I hope its prompt marketing by www.minizoo.com.au

What they are doing is a craftsmanship. It is a work of art without a doubt.  :)

Reptilia

Very interesting to see the WIP pictures. I hope we'll get a dinosaur soon from these guys, they seem to have a great potential.

didusineptus

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the Reptilia information. According to Jason in a message that he left me months ago, he said that they would make prehistoric animals from Australia and that they would be available in his Shop Minizoo by the end of the year, with the revelation of the development of diprotodon may that figure at least be commercialized in September - October.

terrorchicken

I like the pose they are using for the red kangaroo, that funny "come at me bro" boxer stance they do. ;D

Faelrin

I never heard of this animal before I checked this out. I like the idea of it being a giant wombat or something similar. I really like seeing this whole process. Pretty educational too in regards to learning how to sculpt things (aside from the creature's anatomy). I wonder if other sculptors use a process like this to sculpt creatures.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

By the way the process of artisan elaboration of the diprotodon by soutland replicas follows and is already acquiring a more finished form.  :)

I pass the link.

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/photos/a.271085636628288.1073741830.197560100647509/276867846050067/?type=3&theater

postsaurischian

I have just received Southland Replica's Thylacine and I'm impressed by its quality.
It's much better than I have expected. Unfortunately Southland's photographers are not doing the best job, but better this way than having great photos and a bad figure ;D.
I will definitely buy that Diprotodon!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 23, 2017, 04:24:34 PM
By the way the process of artisan elaboration of the diprotodon by soutland replicas follows and is already acquiring a more finished form.  :)

I pass the link.

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/photos/a.271085636628288.1073741830.197560100647509/276867846050067/?type=3&theater

Post the images please. I can't access facebook in my workplace.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Ravonium

Quote from: Megalosaurus on June 24, 2017, 06:16:41 PM

OK then. Note that these are most, but not all of the pictures that Shonisaurus was referring to

terrorchicken

I would love to see this sculpter do a Colombian mammoth using this process.

Kaprosaurus

I think they only make animals in Australia.

Reptilia

It is looking very nice so far, can't wait to see the finished model.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Kaprosaurus on June 26, 2017, 01:03:07 AM

I do not care if they just reproduce prehistoric Australian animals among others. The prehistoric Australian fauna is rich enough.  :)

suspsy

Southlands Replicas describes itself as making animals "from around and south of the equator." So they may eventually expand to animals from Southeast Asia, Africa, South America, and Antarctica, but it makes sense for them to start with Australian ones. The Colombian mammoth does not make the cut though.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on June 25, 2017, 08:00:09 AM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on June 24, 2017, 06:16:41 PM
OK then. Note that these are most, but not all of the pictures that Shonisaurus was referring to[...]

Thank you very much.

Is fantastic to see the all the process. Makes me value this line's figures even more.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

suspsy

Minizoo informed me today that the Diprotodon will be for sale sometime either in November or December.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

terrorchicken

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 26, 2017, 03:28:32 PM

I do not care if they just reproduce prehistoric Australian animals among others. The prehistoric Australian fauna is rich enough.  :)

I know that, Im just talking about the sculptor himself doing it on his own as figure separate from the Southlands Replicas line.

Takama

Quote from: terrorchicken on June 27, 2017, 12:33:19 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 26, 2017, 03:28:32 PM

I know that, Im just talking about the sculptor himself doing it on his own as figure separate from the Southlands Replicas line.

I wish they would not limit themselves to just Australia, and would make other animals from around the world. These models are Excellent. Far better then any brand out there(with Safari comeing in at a close second)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.