News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park 4 [Jurassic World] (no spoilers)

Started by DinoToyForum, June 21, 2012, 11:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Gwangi

I loved "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", hopefully the writers being on the team is a good sign.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's some welcome news. We know JP4 has been quietly worked on in the background...I wonder how long before the script is ready ? I would guess a year or better.

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is one of my favorite movies. They better make this one great! >:( ;D

©Julius T. Csotonyi

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 21, 2012, 11:20:49 PM
Looks like JP4 is back on the cards  8):
http://www.metro.co.uk/film/902799-jurassic-park-4-rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-writers-sign-on-for-new-film
I think the series with a good reboot, would have alot of life left in it. I was not that impressed with the second installment but the third to my eyes at least was good.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

I have only one request for this movie.

Bring more spitters. And make them Big like there supposed to be. (not like them ridiculous Raptor sized ones shown in Jurassic park the Game, All this time i thought the one from the first film was a juvenile ::))

Also YAAAAAAAA It might be comeing!!!!! 8).

Joel

I've heard JP4 could involve super intelligent Velociraptors or the story of the In-Gen rival company as some kind of reboot/side story. The first is completely idiotic, and the latter sounds more plausible, albeit more mundane. I have an idea of a different plot, but it might seem a little far fetched. Shall I post it and you guys criticize it or offer suggestions?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Joel on June 22, 2012, 06:36:26 AM
I've heard JP4 could involve super intelligent Velociraptors or the story of the In-Gen rival company as some kind of reboot/side story. The first is completely idiotic, and the latter sounds more plausible, albeit more mundane. I have an idea of a different plot, but it might seem a little far fetched. Shall I post it and you guys criticize it or offer suggestions?
I had read a potential script once for the fourth installment, that used the byline....There is an extinction coming and mankind is in trouble. They had the dinosaurs making it to the mainland in force to wreak havoc . Some of the storyboards were stunning...massive sauropods wading through city blocks etc.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Joel

Okay, this is how I envision JP4. The movie opens with a flying camera POV coming toward Isla Sorna, and you can hear the roars of the Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus. As the camera view flies inland, the roars of course get louder, and eventually you see the JP3 Spinosaurus on screen, roaring and making threatening gestures at something off screen. The two T. rexes from the Lost World come on screen in a different shot, and are roaring and gesturing as well, appearing as a face off against the Spinosaurus. However, the camera pulls back and reveals that In-Gen is trying to capture the dinosaurs in an attempt to relocate them to the main-land park in San Diego. Other dinosaurs are shown captured and being put on ships, and other aspects of the operation are shown. A meeting between the board of directors appears, and one of them points out that the park will not be ready to receive visitors for a least two months if all goes well, but everything that they are doing is in vain. One of the other directors is annoyed with the comment, and demands to know why their actions are futile.

The scene changes to someplace in the mid-west of the US, and we see a vehicle coming to park, and Dr. Grant steps out. He looks around with a puzzled expression, and we see another vehicle park next to him. Dr. Malcolm Steps out, and look at each other with a little surprise on their faces, and exclaim under their breath, "this can't be good." Then their host reveals himself, and upon welcoming them says his name is Lars Peterson (foreshadowing, perhaps? Or too obvious?). After formal introductions, he explains that for the past forty years, he has been building his park. In the fictional universe of Jurassic Park, Peterson's dinosaur DNA recovery process is far superior to that of In-Gen. Peterson gets his DNA in complete strands from the soft tissue of the fossils. Now, we all know DNA can't survive for more than a few thousand years, but the fictional universe canon of Jurassic Park implies that it can. The difference here is the DNA recovered from biting insects trapped in amber has degraded, while for some reason the DNA from soft tissue remains intact. Thus, Peterson is able to recreate 100% authentic dinosaurs. Peterson explains to Grant and Malcolm that he was breeding dinosaurs twenty years prior to the opening of the In-Gen Jurassic Park, and he was about to open his park to the public when the indecent at the In-Gen Jurassic Park occurred. He did not want to take any chances of what happened there to happen at his park, so he spent that moment onward until the present attempting to find defects in his dinosaur enclosures. Peterson's containment methods do not use electric fences, but the obvious: a deep, wide trench encapsulating each dinosaur paddock. For extra protection, he added a steel fence leaning into the paddock taller than the dinosaur it was containing to prevent escape in the impossible event that the trenches fill with enough water to allow the dinosaur to swim out. Peterson says he has asked Grant and Malcolm to criticize every point of the safety of the park, as Peterson is trying to prevent any possibility of dinosaur escapes or what not. If they approve, Peterson can recieve visitors immediately. Grant and Malcolm are of course shocked that there is a park with dinosaurs in the continental US, and exclaim to Peterson that there will always be a possibility of escape and he should eradicate all of the dinosaurs. Peterson manages to convince Grant and Malcolm to take a tour of the park anyway, and they discover that Peterson has cloned a tremendous amount of dinosaurs, with some crocodylomorphs and rauisuchians. He has all of the most popular dinosaurs, including a mated pair of T. rexes in one pen, and three bachelor males in separate pens, along with a few individuals of  Allosaurus, Triceratops, Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Argentinosaurus, Stegosaurus, ect.

After touring the park, Grant and Malcolm have of course still have not changed their minds, and practically demanding that Peterson destroy all of the dinosaurs and abandon the park. In the back of his mind, Peterson knows that they are right, but he is still struggling to find a way to present his dinosaurs to the public. However, he does not resolve his dilemma as there are several FBI trucks pulling up to the entrance of the park. The agents are demanding to be let in and claim that Peterson violated In-Gen's patent of cloning dinosaurs. Peterson is aghast, and says that his cloning techniques different than In-Gen's. The agents are unmoved and order the park to prepare to move the dinosaurs to the mini Jurassic Park in San Diego. Peterson tries to stop them and is arrested, while huge trucks pull up in preperation to extract the dinosaurs. Peterson hires a lawyer to sue In-Gen of ownership of the dinosaurs, and like the case of Sue, the court declares that the dinosaurs are property of In-Gen, period. To pervent Peterson from filing an appeal, In-Gen coerces one of Peterson's associates (just like in Larson's case with Sue) into testifying Peterson is guilty of some crime, and Peterson is sentaced to prison.

Now, the rest of this is still a work in progress and may be a little far fetched, but we can tweek it to be more realistic if needed. The dinosaurs are put into the mini Jurassic Park in San Diego, and it is during the heat of summer. There is already a high demand of electricity, and of course In-Gen is still using electric fences. Now you may be asking yourself why are they still using electric fences, but if any of you have worked for a corporation, you would have noticed that they usually do not change the essence of their operation, no matter how many times it has failed, or at least impeded  progress. There are way more dinosaurs than the park can handle (they keep crashing into the fences, especially the sauropods), and soon the electrical demand for the fences' operation becomes more than the city can supply. A blackout occurs, and the dinosaurs escape. It is several hours before the federal government is notified, and by then most the  paniced dinosaurs have made their way out of the city. The military wants to nuke San Diego to contain and eradicate the dinosaurs, but it is pointed out that most of the dinosaurs have already escaped the blast radius. The military is then sent in with task to exterminate the dinosaurs one by one. Grant, Malcolm, and Peterson (who has just been released from prison) are sent also to help, and the rest is pretty much self writing. I imagine the three bachelor T. rexes meeting up and forming a coalition that mobs prey for food. The JP3 Spinosaurus attacks a Giganotosaurus, and the Giganotosaurus retreats. I also want a stand off at the end similar to the one from the original Jurassic Park, but in this case the JP3 Spinosaurus takes the role of the Velociraptors. The Spinosaurus is about to strike at a group of humans that our three heros are trying to protect, and at the last second, the largest Tyrannosaurus emerges from off-screen and grabs the Spinosaurus at the neck, perceiving it to be a rival. The humans escape, and the Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus battle. Unlike the JP T.rexes, this "real" Tyrannosaurus is much stronger, and defeats the Spinosaurus. It manages to sever the Spinosaurus's head (no T. rex fan boy abilities here; it just bites down hard and long until the neck breaks) and throws the head against a tree with the Tyrannosaurus turning around to let out a mighty triumphant roar.

The operation to eradicate the dinosaurs is under way, but as time passes, it is becoming more and more difficult to find the dinosaurs. Although the military will keep trying, it is realized that the dinosaurs may never be completely eradicated,and the humans must adjust to dinosaurs living free on the mainland. A plan must be devised to safe guard cities against the possibility of dinosaur attack/invasion.

Feel free to give me your thoughts on this.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think bringing back Dodgson and Biosyn would be a good way to go. That or just end up in another park Hammond was starting up somewhere else...maybe Africa ? An allosaur fighting an elephant would be a great homage scene to toss in there then.. ;D

John

I would be more willing to bet that this will be more of a "reboot" of sorts,assuming it even gets made.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Quote from: Joel on June 22, 2012, 08:18:46 AM
Okay, this is how I envision JP4. The movie opens with a flying camera POV coming toward Isla Sorna, and you can hear the roars of the Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus. As the camera view flies inland, the roars of course get louder, and eventually you see the JP3 Spinosaurus on screen, roaring and making threatening gestures at something off screen. The two T. rexes from the Lost World come on screen in a different shot, and are roaring and gesturing as well, appearing as a face off against the Spinosaurus. However, the camera pulls back and reveals that In-Gen is trying to capture the dinosaurs in an attempt to relocate them to the main-land park in San Diego. Other dinosaurs are shown captured and being put on ships, and other aspects of the operation are shown. A meeting between the board of directors appears, and one of them points out that the park will not be ready to receive visitors for a least two months if all goes well, but everything that they are doing is in vain. One of the other directors is annoyed with the comment, and demands to know why their actions are futile.

The scene changes to someplace in the mid-west of the US, and we see a vehicle coming to park, and Dr. Grant steps out. He looks around with a puzzled expression, and we see another vehicle park next to him. Dr. Malcolm Steps out, and look at each other with a little surprise on their faces, and exclaim under their breath, "this can't be good." Then their host reveals himself, and upon welcoming them says his name is Lars Peterson (foreshadowing, perhaps? Or too obvious?). After formal introductions, he explains that for the past forty years, he has been building his park. In the fictional universe of Jurassic Park, Peterson's dinosaur DNA recovery process is far superior to that of In-Gen. Peterson gets his DNA in complete strands from the soft tissue of the fossils. Now, we all know DNA can't survive for more than a few thousand years, but the fictional universe canon of Jurassic Park implies that it can. The difference here is the DNA recovered from biting insects trapped in amber has degraded, while for some reason the DNA from soft tissue remains intact. Thus, Peterson is able to recreate 100% authentic dinosaurs. Peterson explains to Grant and Malcolm that he was breeding dinosaurs twenty years prior to the opening of the In-Gen Jurassic Park, and he was about to open his park to the public when the indecent at the In-Gen Jurassic Park occurred. He did not want to take any chances of what happened there to happen at his park, so he spent that moment onward until the present attempting to find defects in his dinosaur enclosures. Peterson's containment methods do not use electric fences, but the obvious: a deep, wide trench encapsulating each dinosaur paddock. For extra protection, he added a steel fence leaning into the paddock taller than the dinosaur it was containing to prevent escape in the impossible event that the trenches fill with enough water to allow the dinosaur to swim out. Peterson says he has asked Grant and Malcolm to criticize every point of the safety of the park, as Peterson is trying to prevent any possibility of dinosaur escapes or what not. If they approve, Peterson can recieve visitors immediately. Grant and Malcolm are of course shocked that there is a park with dinosaurs in the continental US, and exclaim to Peterson that there will always be a possibility of escape and he should eradicate all of the dinosaurs. Peterson manages to convince Grant and Malcolm to take a tour of the park anyway, and they discover that Peterson has cloned a tremendous amount of dinosaurs, with some crocodylomorphs and rauisuchians. He has all of the most popular dinosaurs, including a mated pair of T. rexes in one pen, and three bachelor males in separate pens, along with a few individuals of  Allosaurus, Triceratops, Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Argentinosaurus, Stegosaurus, ect.

After touring the park, Grant and Malcolm have of course still have not changed their minds, and practically demanding that Peterson destroy all of the dinosaurs and abandon the park. In the back of his mind, Peterson knows that they are right, but he is still struggling to find a way to present his dinosaurs to the public. However, he does not resolve his dilemma as there are several FBI trucks pulling up to the entrance of the park. The agents are demanding to be let in and claim that Peterson violated In-Gen's patent of cloning dinosaurs. Peterson is aghast, and says that his cloning techniques different than In-Gen's. The agents are unmoved and order the park to prepare to move the dinosaurs to the mini Jurassic Park in San Diego. Peterson tries to stop them and is arrested, while huge trucks pull up in preperation to extract the dinosaurs. Peterson hires a lawyer to sue In-Gen of ownership of the dinosaurs, and like the case of Sue, the court declares that the dinosaurs are property of In-Gen, period. To pervent Peterson from filing an appeal, In-Gen coerces one of Peterson's associates (just like in Larson's case with Sue) into testifying Peterson is guilty of some crime, and Peterson is sentaced to prison.

Now, the rest of this is still a work in progress and may be a little far fetched, but we can tweek it to be more realistic if needed. The dinosaurs are put into the mini Jurassic Park in San Diego, and it is during the heat of summer. There is already a high demand of electricity, and of course In-Gen is still using electric fences. Now you may be asking yourself why are they still using electric fences, but if any of you have worked for a corporation, you would have noticed that they usually do not change the essence of their operation, no matter how many times it has failed, or at least impeded  progress. There are way more dinosaurs than the park can handle (they keep crashing into the fences, especially the sauropods), and soon the electrical demand for the fences' operation becomes more than the city can supply. A blackout occurs, and the dinosaurs escape. It is several hours before the federal government is notified, and by then most the  paniced dinosaurs have made their way out of the city. The military wants to nuke San Diego to contain and eradicate the dinosaurs, but it is pointed out that most of the dinosaurs have already escaped the blast radius. The military is then sent in with task to exterminate the dinosaurs one by one. Grant, Malcolm, and Peterson (who has just been released from prison) are sent also to help, and the rest is pretty much self writing. I imagine the three bachelor T. rexes meeting up and forming a coalition that mobs prey for food. The JP3 Spinosaurus attacks a Giganotosaurus, and the Giganotosaurus retreats. I also want a stand off at the end similar to the one from the original Jurassic Park, but in this case the JP3 Spinosaurus takes the role of the Velociraptors. The Spinosaurus is about to strike at a group of humans that our three heros are trying to protect, and at the last second, the largest Tyrannosaurus emerges from off-screen and grabs the Spinosaurus at the neck, perceiving it to be a rival. The humans escape, and the Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus battle. Unlike the JP T.rexes, this "real" Tyrannosaurus is much stronger, and defeats the Spinosaurus. It manages to sever the Spinosaurus's head (no T. rex fan boy abilities here; it just bites down hard and long until the neck breaks) and throws the head against a tree with the Tyrannosaurus turning around to let out a mighty triumphant roar.

The operation to eradicate the dinosaurs is under way, but as time passes, it is becoming more and more difficult to find the dinosaurs. Although the military will keep trying, it is realized that the dinosaurs may never be completely eradicated,and the humans must adjust to dinosaurs living free on the mainland. A plan must be devised to safe guard cities against the possibility of dinosaur attack/invasion.

Feel free to give me your thoughts on this.
I would avoid any "rematches" of sorts between a Spinosaurus and T. rex.If the rex wins,it will come off as being written by a fan trying to "fix" what he didn't like from the last installment,and having the Spinosaurus win again would never have the shock value it had the first time it was seen.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Roselaar

I'm not buying this. Not all that long ago Mark Protosevich was named as writer for JP IV, and he apparently already left. Now we've got these people, who I';m sure will leave too in the not too distant future, as has happened to all potential JP IV writers.  ::)

When the first official production photos are leaked, I will exuberate excessively vehemently. So far, every scrap of so-called news, is just that, so-called. After a decade go that son of a bitch Spielberg getting my hopes up, I'm done with that.  >:(

Joel

Quote from: John on June 22, 2012, 08:18:59 PM
I would avoid any "rematches" of sorts between a Spinosaurus and T. rex.If the rex wins,it will come off as being written by a fan trying to "fix" what he didn't like from the last installment,and having the Spinosaurus win again would never have the shock value it had the first time it was seen.

I understand that, and I even was thinking about omitting the origianal Jurassic Park dinosaurs entirely, with In-Gen still stealing the dinosaurs from "Peterson". However, there were a lot of people seriously P.O.ed at the last movie, and not having a rematch may be a dissapointment. I'm trying to create one realistically, without it coming off like a fan-boy script. I'll keep brainstorming ideas. Thanks for the feedback, BTW.

John

Quote from: Joel on June 22, 2012, 09:37:17 PM
Quote from: John on June 22, 2012, 08:18:59 PM

I understand that, and I even was thinking about omitting the origianal Jurassic Park dinosaurs entirely, with In-Gen still stealing the dinosaurs from "Peterson". However, there were a lot of people seriously P.O.ed at the last movie, and not having a rematch may be a dissapointment. I'm trying to create one realistically, without it coming off like a fan-boy script. I'll keep brainstorming ideas. Thanks for the feedback, BTW.
One thing I can say is don't feel forced to include anything to appease fanboys.Just include what YOU think would make the best story.In the end that would make it much better and more fluid.

Joel

Quote from: John on June 22, 2012, 10:25:27 PM
One thing I can say is don't feel forced to include anything to appease fanboys.Just include what YOU think would make the best story.In the end that would make it much better and more fluid.
True, but like Steven Spielberg said during the two movies he directed, the T. rex is the star, and the movie goers would be disapointed if it were not portrayed that way. And it was not the Tyrannosaurus fan boys who were disappointed; it is literally every one I talk to about that scene. But, I am really not too concerned with a rematch at this point. What I believe needs to be improved (as if I'm writing the screenplay) is how the dinosaurs escape the San Diego park. Maybe it would be better if there were no heatwave and therefore the city electrical system would not be pre-strained. The dinosaurs constantly crashing into the fence in a panic could be enough to overload the powerstations, and we would not have a unbelieveble perfect storm scenario.

John

Quote from: Joel on June 22, 2012, 11:11:25 PM
True, but like Steven Spielberg said during the two movies he directed, the T. rex is the star, and the movie goers would be disapointed if it were not portrayed that way. And it was not the Tyrannosaurus fan boys who were disappointed; it is literally every one I talk to about that scene. But, I am really not too concerned with a rematch at this point. What I believe needs to be improved (as if I'm writing the screenplay) is how the dinosaurs escape the San Diego park. Maybe it would be better if there were no heatwave and therefore the city electrical system would not be pre-strained. The dinosaurs constantly crashing into the fence in a panic could be enough to overload the powerstations, and we would not have a unbelieveble perfect storm scenario.
It should be noted that some of what happened in Jurassic Park 3 were demands that came from the executives from Hasbro.Think about it,the suddenly super smart Velociraptors who even go so far as to set traps for their victims and the aforementioned bigger,badder new Spinosaurus seemed to be there mainly to sell toys.Hasbro had even more ideas for a fourth movie as well,like the pack of weapons carrying Deinonychus that each had individual names.This was not the only time a toy company was involved in a movie production. "Batman and Robin" was another.

Gwangi

In your scenario you would also need to address how InGen was capable of bringing dinosaurs to the mainland AFTER the incident in the second film. Lets face it, once a Tyrannosaurus rampages through a city the government isn't just gonna allow people to bring more dinosaurs into the place. And why would the FBI be involved? Also in regards to nuking the city, that really shouldn't even be an option. I doubt any sane government would allow someone to bring dinosaurs to a major city with the solution of dropping a nuke on them should they escape, honestly they would just send out people to hunt the dinosaurs and kill them. A nuke is a bit extreme I would think. Despite those criticisms though the story isn't bad, much better than some of the movies I've seen lately and in many ways better than the third movie. I really think that if the film makers want to give their audience something new than somehow bringing dinosaurs to the mainland would be it. I also like the idea of having both Grant and Malcolm in a sequel. I would also love to see a Tyrannosaurs rip apart that damn Spinosaurus.  >:D

EDIT: John, if I'm not mistaken the Spinosaurs was Jack Horner's idea.

John

Quote from: Gwangi on June 23, 2012, 12:04:48 AM
In your scenario you would also need to address how InGen was capable of bringing dinosaurs to the mainland AFTER the incident in the second film. Lets face it, once a Tyrannosaurus rampages through a city the government isn't just gonna allow people to bring more dinosaurs into the place. And why would the FBI be involved? Also in regards to nuking the city, that really shouldn't even be an option. I doubt any sane government would allow someone to bring dinosaurs to a major city with the solution of dropping a nuke on them should they escape, honestly they would just send out people to hunt the dinosaurs and kill them. A nuke is a bit extreme I would think. Despite those criticisms though the story isn't bad, much better than some of the movies I've seen lately and in many ways better than the third movie. I really think that if the film makers want to give their audience something new than somehow bringing dinosaurs to the mainland would be it. I also like the idea of having both Grant and Malcolm in a sequel. I would also love to see a Tyrannosaurs rip apart that damn Spinosaurus.  >:D

EDIT: John, if I'm not mistaken the Spinosaurs was Jack Horner's idea.
The"bigger,badder meat eater that takes out the T. rex" idea was planned from the start.In the end,it wound up being Spinosaurus after Horner suggested that particular genus over the originally planned Baryonyx.Unfortunately for rex fans,this meant that whatever the Tyrannosaurus was going to face in battle,the end would have been what was seen in the movie anyway.

John

Quote from: Joel on June 22, 2012, 11:11:25 PM
Another option could be to go the "Batman Begins" route and reboot from the beginning.This would not sit well on message boards,but it could free you from having to worry about keeping up with someone else's continuity as well as give you much more possiblities. (A Tyrannosaurus had once ended up being on the a** end of an a** whoopin'?Not in THIS continuity!It is the STAR!!!!!) Also,if rebooted,the dinosaurs could suddenly have  a more updated appearance without anyone wondering why. ;D
Or you could really drive them crazy by doing an "X-Men:First Class" style SEMI-reboot!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.