News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Zdenek Burian - Paleoart

Started by Bread, October 20, 2022, 05:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

My girlfriend knows how much I appreciate prehistoric fauna, ranging from prehistoric reptiles to simple dinosaurs and pterasaurs!

She recently gifted me this wonderful copy and framed painting of Zdenek Burian's Tylosaurus confronting an Elasmosaurus!

*Not sure the exact person she purchased this from but it is from etsy.*

Gwangi

Oh wow, I would love to have that on my wall! Burian is one of my favorites, and that's one of my favorite pieces by him. Congrats!

Libraraptor

Yeah, stuff like that is right up my alley! I enjoy and adore Burian´s art. I am not sure who holds the rights for his pictures these days. Hopefully no copyrights have been hurt by the distribution of these pictures.

Duna

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 21, 2022, 08:10:00 AMYeah, stuff like that is right up my alley! I enjoy and adore Burian´s art. I am not sure who holds the rights for his pictures these days. Hopefully no copyrights have been hurt by the distribution of these pictures.
Someone called Jiri Hochman: http://www.zdenekburian.com/en/contact

Congrats for the lovely picture avatar_Bread @Bread ! That mosasaurus is also one of my favourites (Starlux mosasaur figure is copied from deeply inspired in his drawing).

Bread

Thank you everyone!

I also hope there is no issues with copyright. I don't fault my girlfriend for not knowing if this has copyright issues.

Still a gift I will treasure and appreciate. Plus it makes a great display above my shelf. ;D

Libraraptor

Show us a picture please when you've hung it up!

Crackington

Quote from: Duna on October 21, 2022, 03:26:52 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on October 21, 2022, 08:10:00 AMYeah, stuff like that is right up my alley! I enjoy and adore Burian´s art. I am not sure who holds the rights for his pictures these days. Hopefully no copyrights have been hurt by the distribution of these pictures.
Someone called Jiri Hochman: http://www.zdenekburian.com/en/contact

avatar_Duna @Duna is right, he's Burian's grandson - just reading the latest Prehistoric Times with its long-running Burian feature and it's mentioned there.

Halichoeres

Definitely frame-worthy. Although Burian seems to have striven for accuracy, his composition and skill with color make these pieces art instead of mere illustration, timeless regardless of how our ideas of the appearance of the animals might change.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures