News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Vintage trading cards featuring the artwork of Archaeopteryx

Started by Sinornis, August 11, 2017, 09:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinornis

Here are a few of my favorite Archaeopteryx trading cards. Some were purchased as singles, while others were purchased as part of sets. As you can see, I tend to favor cards that feature vintage artists such as Zdenek Burian, Charles R. Knight and Rudolf Zallinger. 

http://avianmusing.blogspot.com/

Lanthanotus

Nice,... never seen such old trading cards before, I just know those old sticker/collector books with painted pictures of dinosaurs. So you got even more than those?

Sinornis

Thank you ! Yes, I have a few more old dinosaur trading cards and sets, but my main focus prior to this was collecting cigarette trading cards of birds. My collection dates back to the late 1800's. They are absolutely beautiful!

ceratopsian

I love the trading cards.  Nice to see a slightly different take on collecting!

Sinornis

Thank you! Glad you like them. Its to bad they don't include trading cards with the purchase of a toy figure!

Halichoeres

The "Champ's" one is particularly nice. I also wouldn't mind trading cards to accompany my figures. I know some JP toys came with cards, but that was sort of the height of the 90s trading card craze. There were also trading cards with the Gimiki's Journey figures, but they're nothing to write home about.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sinornis

I actually save all of the tags and small info booklets that come with all of my figures, I guess they can pass for "todays" trading cards. Some of the info booklets, especially from Asia, are very attractive, and collectable.

ceratopsian

I do exactly the same. All the tags, sheets and booklets are filed alphabetically in lever arch files.  The closest I have to trading cards are the little laminated cards that our own Jetoar supplies with his model line.