News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

IrritatorRaji's Doodles

Started by IrritatorRaji, January 21, 2018, 12:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

It looks really good. The eye looks so shiny and alive!

IrritatorRaji

Yeah, that's what 20 minutes on MS Paint will get you

But thank you very much! That means a lot coming from you :D

IrritatorRaji

IrritatorRaji

Another dinosaur character for the petsite Novilar, Velociraptor!

Tried to make it both scientifically accurate and matching the art style of the site (and yeah, the bendy tail is part of the sites style so I had to break this dinosaurs tail... again ;-; )

Mini Minmi

I love your choice of colors and patterns. Regardless of the broken tail, it works as a believable animal. I like the balance between cartoon and realistic.

Jose S.M.

Looks really good, I like the colors, reminds me of some birds I can see from my backyard, is it based on some bird in particular? (I'm bad at ornithology, I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't like the guys from the ornithology department in college so I only took the basic course).

By the way IrritatorRaji, your Saurornitholestes was featured in the CreativeBeast Facebook and Instagram pages  ^-^ ;)

Halichoeres

Kinda looks like a brown falcon!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

IrritatorRaji

Thank you all for the lovely comments!

avatar_Mini Minmi @Mini Minmi Thank you very much :D The tail is a real bummer for me, but I'm glad you think that it doesn't detract from the skin :))

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. Thank you very much for your kind comments, yet again! And yes, it is indeed based on a bird, it's based on a Prairie Hawk :) Admittedly, a bird I'm not very familiar with, but I just googled "desert bird" and chose the one who I thought hasn't been overused as dinosaur markings  :))
And yup, I'm aware that my work gets featured, and I'm so grateful to see my art up there! My Acheroraptor was also featured :D It certainly does make me all warm and fuzzy inside to see so many people like and comment on my stuff ;D

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres It's actually based on a Prairie Hawk :))

-----------------------------

Okay dokie, here's something that I've never done before. A little 'then vs now' kinda thing. 2013 vs now.

2013 Spinosaurus lineart, top quality cringe, poor little amputee Spino, was a Velociraptor hybrid before it was cool

2018 Spinosaurus lineart, have ditched the curve tool, I tell people that I have a rough style, I'm actually just a little lazy

I don't really like posting 'old vs new', it feels to gloat-y for me and I also don't like looking back on my older stuff, but I'm kinda glad that I reflected on my old stuff, even if just a tiny bit. I haven't made giant leaps in progress by any means, I'm still probably decades off being able to make hyper-realistic paleoart, but I have made some progress at least. I'm happy with it

IrritatorRaji

Since doing that scientifically accurate Spino line art, I wanted to try my hand at the JP3 one. I dunno, just for fun

Minmiminime

I love your doodles, they're really alive and striking! Keep it up 😊
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

IrritatorRaji

So, I've got this feathered T.rex that I've been sitting on for a short while. I've drawn the sketch, started on the face, and then I just started to really lose confidence in it. I dunno, it just doesn't feel right? I know the sketch is super rough, that's just kinda how I work, I'm too impatient for full on sketches, I just like to go for it and draw.

Could I get some advice for it?

IrritatorRaji

Even though I wasn't 100% with my sketch, I just decided to go for it and I kinda like how it turned out! I had to use a ref for the upper body, which kinda sucks, but at least it got me to where I needed to be

paintingdinos

Looking good! I really like the two spino reconstructions, too. Even the retro guy- he looks beefier and tougher than the JP spino, which arguably makes him even cooler  ;) Are you going to color them?

IrritatorRaji

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos

Thank you very much :D

And nah, I'm not gonna colour them, the Spino's are free-to-use line arts, so I guess colouring them is up to other people :P Not sure if I'll colour the Rex or also make it a free-to-use line art. I'm not sure how I feel about making a free resource that I used a reference to help create.

Jose S.M.

I really like that Tyrannosaurus! It looks powerful.

IrritatorRaji

IrritatorRaji

Two free-to-use icons / avatars made using the Rex base, one blank, one coloured

IrritatorRaji

It's been a little while. Finally tried my hand at a Therizinosaurus.

Honestly... I think this was the least amount of fun I've ever had drawing a dinosaur. Don't get me wrong, I love Therizinosaurs, but their anatomy is just so wonky that nothing ever looks right (and I wasn't comfortable using references because everyone has their own wildly unique take on Therizinosaurs that if I used one image as reference it would look like blatant copying and if I used multiple it would look like a complete mess... if any of that makes sense?)

Even though drawing it was a slog I am actually happy with the outcome. I did always feel that my other drawings could have something more added but was never really sure what. I especially felt that my Tyrannosaurus felt so flat but didn't know if I was able to remedy that. With this Therizinosaurus I'm glad to say that I'm really happy with the texture. Does it need work? Absolutely. But I really feel like I'm kinda getting a grasp on how textures can be used to benefit my art (this being said though, for the wings and the top of the tail I just used air brush because I didn't know how to texture them well and didn't want to leave them blank)

also remind me to never attempt feather texture on mspaint again because i think i have carpal tunnel owwwww

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.