News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Triceratops 1/18 bust- ArquimiaModels

Started by Brolyss4, February 09, 2018, 02:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brolyss4

Hi everyone,

I want to share with you my 1/18 Triceratops bust sculpt, it´s about 80% done.

I´m thinking on making it available to purchase, limited to 10 fully painted statues, But i´m not sure yet, would you like to have one in your dinosaur collection?

Please tell me what you think about the sculpt so far.

Cesar

[/url]

[/url]

Simon

Looks awesome ... how large is it in inches (tip of bill to top of frill, and width of frill)?

Beegfood

Beegfood

Mackeral

Wow, i would be interested in a unpainted kit, do you consider selling those too?

ImADinosaurRARR

Looks gorgeous! How much would it be? I don't know if I would be able to buy it what ever the price, but if I had a job I defiantly would.

Albertosaurus

If the price is reasonable I would def buy an unpainted one, please!

Brolyss4

Quote from: Simon on February 09, 2018, 04:33:08 AM
Looks awesome ... how large is it in inches (tip of bill to top of frill, and width of frill)?

Thank you all, I´m not sure about selling unpainted kits, once you see my painted sample you might decide for the finished one.

Simon, it is 15 cm (5.9 inches) from tip of peak (mouth) to top of frill, widht of frill is about 11 cm (4.3 inches). Lenght is the same as a papo Pachyrhinosaurus, here is a size comparison picture.

[/url]

Albertosaurus

If there is only a painted option I would be ok with that, but if there was an unpainted, cheaper option, that would be great for your business. In any case, looks fantastic. Any estimates on the price?

Brolyss4

Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 09, 2018, 08:11:47 PM
If there is only a painted option I would be ok with that, but if there was an unpainted, cheaper option, that would be great for your business. In any case, looks fantastic. Any estimates on the price?

I don't have an estimate yet, but I'll update the first post with all info once I have it. Maybe I can offer both finished and unpainted.

earth108

Looks great ;) That's a nice size comparison. I agreed on both unpainted and finished options.

Archinto

It's a very beautiful sculpt! I think you should take it to the next level and sculpt a body for it. You have a good eye for realistic textures
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Minmiminime

That's absolutely spectacular! It's obvious you've got great understanding of extant animals, as well as the anatomy of Triceratops. I greatly look forward to seeing future examples of your work! ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

modelnut

BEAUTIFUL!

Cesar, your work looks more stunning with every piece I see.  Since my favorite dinosaur just happens to be Triceratops I am very much interested.  :)

- Leelan

Brolyss4

Quote from: Archinto on February 10, 2018, 08:07:38 AM
It's a very beautiful sculpt! I think you should take it to the next level and sculpt a body for it. You have a good eye for realistic textures

Thank you so much. That would be awesome, sculpt a full body for it, but it would take more time, and it would be big, maybe I'll sculpt it a body in the future, as for now, my goal is to make many detailed busts of different ceratopsian species, like trophies, no one sculpts the species I like, so I'll do it myself with my own touch and as detailed as I can, and, if some one likes my work I'll make casts of them.

Quote from: Minmiminime on February 10, 2018, 03:36:39 PM
That's absolutely spectacular! It's obvious you've got great understanding of extant animals, as well as the anatomy of Triceratops. I greatly look forward to seeing future examples of your work! ^-^

Thank you for your words. I did gathered pictures of many triceratops skulls and representations of it, and I read many blogs and papers regarding ceratopsian anatomy, horns, the tissue that could cover the bone in different areas of face and crest, and gathered pictures of reptiles and birds to see how nature works with keratin, scales, beaks, horns, etc. So, yeah, as an amateur myself, I did the research I could. I'm glad you guys liked it.

Quote from: modelnut on February 10, 2018, 04:31:32 PM
BEAUTIFUL!

Cesar, your work looks more stunning with every piece I see.  Since my favorite dinosaur just happens to be Triceratops I am very much interested.  :)

- Leelan

Hey Leelan!! Nice to read you here, thank you for your message, I've already started to make my own ceratopsian army, Triceratops is my favorite dinosaur as well, so I had to start with it and make it as good as I could. I'm glad you liked  it.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.