News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Boki's Adventure in Sculpting:The Conclusion! (2/26/22)

Started by Bokisaurus, June 27, 2018, 07:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on January 12, 2019, 11:30:59 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 08, 2019, 07:07:02 PM

Neoceratodus ( Gian Lungfish) and Bawitius (A giant Bichir) - I decided to put these two together
[
[]

For the record, if you ever decide to cast that Bawitius let me know since I need every bichir I can get! I was hoping I'd see a Bawitius when I saw your topic re: Spinosaurus and swimming friends!

Haha, Glad you checked in and saw it, I was thinking of you when I sculpted this one :D

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on January 14, 2019, 03:13:21 AM
I was waiting to see your Ourano since you mentioned you made one. I was expecting an interesting coloration and I was not dissapointed! I love it

Thank you! Yeah, I just wished that the head was smaller and the neck thiner, but it was difficult to modify since the body was originally for the Spino ;D
Glad you liked the colors, its one of my favorite so far ^-^
Any new project for you?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 14, 2019, 06:48:34 PM
I was waiting to see your Ourano since you mentioned you made one. I was expecting an interesting coloration and I was not dissapointed! I love it

Any new project for you?

I'm working on a little one, my brother chose it but it's going to be small so it's fingers and toes are giving me trouble!  :P

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 14, 2019, 06:46:50 PM
Quote from: SBell on January 12, 2019, 11:30:59 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 08, 2019, 07:07:02 PM

Neoceratodus ( Gian Lungfish) and Bawitius (A giant Bichir) - I decided to put these two together
[
[]

For the record, if you ever decide to cast that Bawitius let me know since I need every bichir I can get! I was hoping I'd see a Bawitius when I saw your topic re: Spinosaurus and swimming friends!

Haha, Glad you checked in and saw it, I was thinking of you when I sculpted this one :D

I appreciate that. Like I said, if it ever need a home...or self replicates... you know who to contact!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on January 16, 2019, 01:49:12 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 14, 2019, 06:48:34 PM

Any new project for you?

I'm working on a little one, my brother chose it but it's going to be small so it's fingers and toes are giving me trouble!  :P

I'm curious to see what it is, good luck! :D

Bokisaurus

Okay, time for another update. As promised, today is all about the sauropods. If you have been following this thread, you will know that my first attempt at sculpting sauropods ended in disappointment. I took a break from sculpting the group, then resumed again afterwards. This time, it was more successful that the first.
Since then I sculpted 10 different species! So, as much as I would like to post them individually, I decided to post the earlier ones together in group in order of when they were made. I will post individual photos of the best and latest ones.
So here we goes the first group of 4 figures. They were sculpted late July - early August. I will start in order of when I made them.

First one up is Saltasaurus. Not too  happy with this one, but it was the first one I made after I took a break.
[]

Next is my attempt on Atlasaurus. Looking at the photos, the headlocks so much bigger than they are in person, I guess its the angle of the next and head.
[]

Next is Dicraeosaurus. I wanted to try a sauropod in a rearing pose, and this was the perfect candidate :D
[]

And the last for this post is my attempt on isisaurus :))
[]

The group of 4:
[]

Thats it for part 1 of the sauropod series. The next installment will be the middle group. I learned a lot with each sculpt and started to have fun with sculpting them. Still a long ways to go, but I hope that when I post the last ones, a steady improvement will be noticeable  :))
Thanks for checking, till the next post, cheers! :))

Shonisaurus

The isisaurus and dicraeosaurus are my favorite is also a very cool figure the atlasaurus. Honestly I would like a toy company to make figures as obscure as yours and so rare and so well made. They are works of art.

Jose S.M.

Nice! I really like them all, why don't you like the Saltasaurus? I was thinking of making a Salta when I was making my first sauropod but decided for the Europasaurus at the end. The colorations are striking as always, Isisaurus is my favorite in that regard.

suspsy

Really liking your sauropods. People often grumble that sauropods look dull, but I think many of the smaller, weirder ones are fantastic! You should try Brachytrachelopan sometime.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

ceratopsian

Bokisaurus

Thanks everyone, at least I know the first wave of sauropods are not a big flop ;D

Bokisaurus

Okay, now that I posted the first part of the sauropods, its time to do another group post to speed things up.

So, back to ceratopsians! It's been a while since I posted any ceratopsians and I have a whole herd still waiting their turn ;D
These group were among the first ones I made, around July and early August but never had the time to photograph them. As you can see, they are still showing the skinny and not so textured style.
My last 4 ceratopsians are slightly different. I took a lot of you guys's suggestions and comments like bulking them up and adding more skin details. So all of the last ones will have those, stay tuned :))

First one up is Medusaceratops - this was one the figure I posted long ago when I asked if anyone can guess which species were in the back lit photos :D
[

Next is Pachyrhinosaurus - One of the earliest ones I made. So skinny now that I look back.  ;D
[]

Then we have Xenoceratops - Here I wanted to experiment with a different pose. I originally intend to make one that was laying down, but it proved too hard to do. So I settled for one that is about to get up. ;)
[
[

And the last one for this installment is Wendiceratops - here again I wanted to experiment with a different pose. I wanted a rearing ceratopsian this time ^-^
[

There you go, the first part of the ceratopsian group. On the  next installment, I plan on the last few ones, the latest ones.
Hope you like them, cheers and thanks for looking! :D
[]

Jose S.M.

Great additions to the herd, very colorful as always! I love the pose of Xenoceratops. I thought of making one in a laying pse too but didn't even tried  :P

Shonisaurus

All are incredible Bokisaurus the wendiceratops and the xenoceratops impress. the wendiceratops can be placed on all fours or two and the xenoceratops its sitting pose is impressively good.

I could hire you a collection dinosaur company to advise how dinosaur figures and other prehistoric animals should be made. The color of the ceraptosidos is spectacular and its modeling and painting is very attractive. You are a very creative Bokisaurus person.

Bokisaurus

Thanks guys. It was a fun series to make for sure.
Now, just need to post the last 4 ceratopsians. You can see a preview of them in my signature line, any guess as to what they are? ;D

Jose S.M.

I think I know what they are but I won't make the spoiler haha, at least of one of them I'm sure.

Bokisaurus

Wow, how fast time goes! Its been a while, so here is another installment for this thread.
Today I want to share my only two sculpt of prehistoric whale. I originally had a really ambitious plan of sculpting the evolution of whales, but you know, things change and other priority and interest interfere.
Maybe one day I will take it up again.
So here we go...

Odobenocetops - A small extinct odd looking whale from Peru and Chili. This species is often called the "walrus whale" due to its unique pair of tusk.
Maybe you saw it make a small cameo in Walking with spinoff called Chased by Sea Monster. It was a short appearance, but it was enough for me to be interested in it.
I based the color design on a clownfish ;D I have a saltwater reef tank, so my little clownfish give me an idea ;)
This was sculpted late July of 2018
[

Durodon - I think this is the next most popular whale, only second to the mighty Basilosaurus. Who can forget that scene from WWPB where a pod of them desperately tried to escape the hunting Basilosaurus?
I placed the nostrils a little far down I think. I also followed CollectA's lead and added some parasitic barnacles on it ^-^
The color and design was originally for a marine reptile, but I though it works nice for this one.
This was sculpted in early August 2018
]

The pair
[]

Well, hope you like it. Next week I am hoping to post my prehistoric fish series :D
Thanks for looking, cheers!

Shonisaurus

Odobenocetops and the dorudon look very pretty especially with this colorful and interesting. I congratulate you on your new Bokisaurus creations.

Tyto_Theropod

I really like the Durodon, although the colours aren't what I'd have picked for a Cetacean. Keep up the good work!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Halichoeres

Nice work! So do you subscribe to the idea that the known male Odobenocetops specimen's unequal tusks represents a pathology?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.