News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Gift for my sister

Started by dinofan101, September 23, 2018, 08:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one is will please a dinosaur lover more?

Dino Earrings
6 (75%)
Dino DIY Toy
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

dinofan101

My sister's birthday is coming very soon
She's a super dino fan so I am thinking of getting her one of these two
Dino Earrings  https://qooru.com/product/dinosaur-fashion-stud-earrings/
Dino DIY Toy https://geekoplanet.com/product/dinosaur-fossil-archeology-diy-science-experiment-toy
Which do you Dinosaur lovers think she may like the best? she's 15yo, active and cute
perhaps i should get both?

Halichoeres

I chose earrings because they seem more age-appropriate, although I am twice that age and I'm not above digging through plaster for a toy dinosaur.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I wonder if she might prefer a dinosaur figure/toy?  If you think she might, perhaps you could get suggestions for choices here.  For example, if you know that she likes a certain type of dinosaur the most (e.g. sauropods), then you could get suggestions for good figures of that type of dinosaur.

CityRaptor

Take the earrings, the exvacation kit is seriously overpriced.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

IrritatorRaji

I also voted earrings as excavation kits are pretty lousy, but would you not want to invest in a dinosaur figure maybe? If cost is an issue, invest in CollectA, they sell dinosaur figures (more so of obscure dinosaurs, if your sister is into that) for a very cheap price. My friend got me a CollectA Irritator two years ago, and it's still treasured among my collection. If she's into dinosaurs but also likes more 'girly' stuff Amazon has a decent selection of gifts. There are also some very cute dinosaur related jewellery on Etsy:
- Biting Pterosaur Earrings
- Biting T.rex Earrings
- T.rex necklace
- Baby Stegosaurus Necklace

Not trying to assume I know you sister or her preferences more than you, just throwing some stuff out there.

CityRaptor

Well, there are few good Exvacation Kits, but most are indeed lousy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.