News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Acro-man's Dinosaur Wallpapers (updated 24/12/2021)

Started by acro-man, December 11, 2018, 07:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

Godzilla: Defiance from the moon

Seeing as how the movie's new trailer got people hyped up, I decided I shall give my SHM 2016 Shin Godzilla a go.
Its rival is the Vitae Zhejiangopterus pretending to be a big monster challenger from the moon.

LOTS of tests and fails before getting the lighting right. When it finally did, the resolution is wrong... plus it's portrait, I don't even know how to showcase it on my desktop....

inspired by this one:

PROCESS
* don't forget the moonlight. Godzilla is tall. Its upper body extends far into the sky / away from the fire, so the moonlight "compensates" its shadows.
* Light setup: Light 1 - a dim LED "torchlight" that people use for night fishing, much weaker than your lamp. shoots straight up and gets reflected from the ceiling, just like the moon in the sky.
Light 2 - spotlight covered by a piece of dirty cloth placed right beneath the model, makes it warm and spreads it, like flickering fire.
* Camera: tripod or something steady (a pile of cardboard boxes in my case), long exposure (20s), night vision mode on if possible

CREDITS
forest fire shared by "caveman" on wallpapercave.com/w/2aTs5NV

Starry Night Sky shared by "wildflower1555" on wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=881503
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Fenestra

The Bohemian Rhapsody is fantastic!
What a great composition. The use of the "longnecks" to represent the arms was a great idea.
I like the small print added to the CD covers as well. Heheh.  8)
Thanks for sharing your artistic ideas.

acro-man

Godzilla: Devourer of Destruction

This time Godzilla has something to do with dinosaurs -
Millions of years ago, Godzilla lived side by side with dinosaurs and protected them, until one day - the comet of death decended from sky.
It was too strong.
For the first time, Godzilla failed in protecting the earth, resulting in one of the biggest extinction in history, putting itself in an everlasting coma as well.
Now, sensing the earth threatened again, Godzilla awakens...

inspired by GODZILLA: King of Monsters 2019
ended up looking like SHIN GODZILLA 2016
....works for me

PROCESS
* patience and all. cos you are going to mat each and every actor in the scene.
* preparation: have in mind which pterosaurs bath in sun and which hide in Godzilla's shadow.

CREDITS
Beautiful Blue Sky over Beach shared by "wildflower1555" on wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=717507
喜欢收集和P图

Renecito

Awesome work!!! I really enjoyed every scenery. You really made them all come alive!!!!
By the way i freaking love godzilla and that Shin Godzilla Poster looks epic!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

acro-man

Vingt mille lieues sous les mers
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

For a month or so, I have been conceiving an underwater scene. When I finally shaped it in my mind, I spent a whole day to finish it.
And this will be the last wallpaper I did this year. Good ending & a fresh new start!

Hope you like it  :)
And remember to always have fun with your collectibles!

Q: Why Megalodon is fighting Basilosaurus?      A: Because it's sci-fi
Q: Why it's so dark?                       A: Because it's 200 leagues under sea and you got no natural light this deep at all
Q: Won't the pressure kill the aquanaut?          A: No. He's fully equiped. Besides, everybody walks the bottom of the sea in the novel.
Q: If there's no natural light, why it still look blue?      A: It.... it's... ok, fine, my mistake of using a blue backdrop. But it kinda look cool right?

BEHIND THE SCENE
Same old story - lighting and perspective.

Some elements I created (raw file, high res, use at will): blurry fish, light source in the water, plankton reflected in the flashlight beam

CREDIT
https://wallpapertag.com/dark-blue-background-wallpaper
http://www.wallpapersafari.com/disney-nautilus-submarine-wallpaper/

CAST
PNSO Megalodon
PNSO Basilosaurus
Safari Ammonite
Safari Coelacanth
Kaiyodo Capsule Cladoselache
Lenard 3.75inch Acquanaut

喜欢收集和P图

acro-man

avatar_Renecito @Renecito avatar_Fenestra @Fenestra avatar_Mackeral @Mackeral Thanks people!   ^-^

Any suggestions? Even critisms?
It really helps because it's really hard to tell whether one's own work is good or bad.  8)
喜欢收集和P图

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: acro-man on December 25, 2018, 08:09:42 PM
Any suggestions? Even critisms?
It really helps because it's really hard to tell whether one's own work is good or bad.  8)

From what I'm seeing, your work is really good  8)

ceratopsian

I am not creative enough to offer you suggestions but can confidently assure you they are very good. Meticulously planned and they engage the viewer. I do not look at them and see an immediate flaw in lighting or composition that spoils the illusion. My suggestion to the viewer is that they are well worth looking at on a large screen rather than a phone.

acro-man

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 25, 2018, 08:49:17 PM
From what I'm seeing, your work is really good  8)

Thanks for your compliment!

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 25, 2018, 09:54:14 PM
My suggestion to the viewer is that they are well worth looking at on a large screen rather than a phone.

Exactly. I made most of these high res pictures in 16:9 so people can use it directly as their desktop wallpaper  :)
喜欢收集和P图

acro-man

HIDE & SEEK

Xiaoyu: There you are, sneak...
Cody: Damn, he found me!
Xiaoyu & Cody are playing hide and seek. Xiaoyu found Cody. Can you?
Also, there are 5 creatures in all that I put in this scene, can you find them all?
(ANSWER in reply #37)

PROCESS
I spent most of the time working out the reflection on the river.
It's really hard to make up one with brush or pencil in the software for me, so I resorted to the old fashioned way - make a real one.

CREDIT
Original background picture shared by BelleDeesse on
https://www.wallpaperup.com/919400/USA_Parks_Rivers_Trunk_tree_Moss_Mt_Rainier_National_Park_Nature.html

It's a breathtaking photo, woah~~~

CAST
PNSO mini Tianyulong   as   Xiaoyu
Safari Caudipteryx    as   Cody
PNSO Doyle     as      certain kind of unknown Chinese ceratopsian
PNSO mini Nemicolopterus   as   itself
lizard    as    itself
喜欢收集和P图

Patrx

acro-man

Broodborne

Apparent parody of Bloodborne.
Though I didn't play the game at all, I do know that it's about adventuring into the dark mystery of Cthulhu.
Now this time, instead of being captivated by the wicked charm of the fictional giant octopus, we take a close look at the giant big-eye-fish that once swam the seas of the earth we live on.

Diver's Version
This composition has been used more than a million times. Yet I have to agree that it is one of the best to express tension and contrast of sizes.

Atlantis' Version
Captain: This is what you got for me, stranger? A small fish?
Stranger: I hope you're right, sir, if a small fish is all it is.

Nautilus travels half the world and finally discovered Atlantis.
Upon docking into what seems to be the city hall, a ghostly stranger with a strange costume welcomed the excited crew.
He has something precious to gift the captain - something that will change their lives forever.

CREDIT
Underwarter city background shared by "Hellica" on wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=84635
Spaceship background shared by "caveman" on wallpapercave.com/spaceship-background
Stained glass template -04- by "Akili-Amethyst" on www.deviantart.com/akili-amethyst/

CAST
PNSO big Ophtalmosaurus
PNSO mini Ophtalmosaurus
Kaiyodo capsule marine lives
SHF action figure Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean
figma action figure Hunter from Bloodborne
喜欢收集和P图

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图

ITdactyl

I remember complaining about the use of slit pupils in the JP dinosaurs... but this... I really like it. (there I go swallowing my own rants) 
MOAR chocolate... OMNOMNOM.

Oh, "Hide and Seek" is also well done.  I haven't found all 5 yet. ;D

ceratopsian

I didn't find all five either. It was fun looking though!  Chocolate Eating is highly dramatic.

Jose S.M.

These wallpapers are really cool, great work! and I agree the landscape for hide and seek is beautiful!

acro-man

Quote from: ITdactyl on January 16, 2019, 10:09:27 AM
I remember complaining about the use of slit pupils in the JP dinosaurs... but this... I really like it. (there I go swallowing my own rants) 
MOAR chocolate... OMNOMNOM.

I'll take it as a compliment.  ;D
The reason is  that I was inspired by a picture on a shopping gift card that a pitch black leopard looks at you in his blue charming eyes.
That eyes were so impressive and unforgettable, then I knew I had to find it and use it...

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 16, 2019, 12:44:11 PM
I didn't find all five either. It was fun looking though!  Chocolate Eating is highly dramatic.
Hahaa... I apologize. My fault if you hurt your eyes when scrutinizing it from pixel to pixel.

TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE ANSWER

- "Cody" the Caudipteryx climbs on Doyle's back!
- the Nemicolopterus is sitting on the branch in the river
- the "lizard" hides under the trunk near the dead weed 1/3 from the right screen! And most of its body is behind a rock...

Sorry the last one shouldn't really count. It's way too hard to find even for myself.

Quote from: Jose S.M. on January 16, 2019, 01:54:42 PM
These wallpapers are really cool, great work! and I agree the landscape for hide and seek is beautiful!
I agree.
Then again, praise BelleDeesse for sharing it on
https://www.wallpaperup.com/919400/USA_Parks_Rivers_Trunk_tree_Moss_Mt_Rainier_National_Park_Nature.html
喜欢收集和P图

Brocc21

These are really neat my dude. I'm using the "hide and seek" and "wrong tree" one right now  :)
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

acro-man

Quote from: Brocc21 on January 17, 2019, 12:54:37 AM
These are really neat my dude. I'm using the "hide and seek" and "wrong tree" one right now  :)

Thank you, I will do more 'natural' pics in the future, stay tuned  ;)
喜欢收集和P图

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.