News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Seijun's Dinosaur-a-Day

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 08:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: Seijun on April 26, 2012, 06:18:19 AM
Dino Riders Brontosaurus, 1989 - c. 1992:

Massive Argentinasaurus alert :o

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: Seijun on April 26, 2012, 06:18:19 AM
Dino Riders Brontosaurus, 1989 - c. 1992:

How long is that monstruosity?!, in huge
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Seijun

The bronto is roughly 1 meter long.

Second biggest piece in my collection..

Discovery Channel Suchomimus (I dont know the year):
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

I remember seeing those things in the discovery channal store When Walking with Dinosaurs was out in the USA.

I begged my parents to buy me one, but they wouldent >:(

Seijun

Its a cool figure but really awful materials for a toy. Rubber outside with a rubber-foamlike core. The rubber outside is cracked and trying to fall apart., and the pose is maintained by means of a very thick wire armature on the inside that would probably punch through the skin of the toy after too much play. This could be why I never see them on ebay. They all fell apart! The shape of the figure is simple enough, they could easily have just made it a "normal" stuffed toy with the patterns and details printed onto the cloth, and it would have been MUCH more durable (and smelled better).
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Seijun

Placerias. I don't know the company or year.

Takama

the Famous Chinasaur Placerius. one of the best chinasaurs out there

I wonder if it would be elegible for a review someday

DinoFan45

Nice suchomimus, and placerias, its really helpful to see the little schliech guy next to them to get a size reference.
"Life will find a way."

Seijun

Carnegie Collection Parasaurolohpus, original color scheme, c. 1988:

(this figure is made of a semi-hard plastic; I also have this para in the same color scheme but in soft rubber)

Carnegie Collection Allosaurus, original color scheme, c. 1988:

postsaurischian

It's a bit confusing with these original Carnegie colour schemes.
My original Allosaurus was (greyish) blue & brown :).

Seijun

Pics?
What country or origin?

Takama

Envius of those anchaint carnegis. especialy the Para

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on May 02, 2012, 06:41:07 PM
Pics?
What country or origin?

No pics unfortunately.
I gave my complete Carnegie Collection away in the late 90s. I only kept the Sauropods (phew).

Seijun

What country was your allo from?

Seijun

Carnegie Collection Tyrannosaurus, original color scheme, c. 1988:

"In 1988 I was a proud bi-ped"

Horridus

Seeing that thing in any colour other than green doesn't half feel odd...

A nice piece to own of course - very rare!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Takama

Quote from: Seijun on May 03, 2012, 07:10:54 AM
Carnegie Collection Tyrannosaurus, original color scheme, c. 1988:

"In 1988 I was a proud bi-ped"

You outa make a list of these colors that i never ever knew, existed for these figures.

I am shocked that thing exists

indy1936

Seeing these early Carnegies is a real treat! Thank you!

Gwangi

I'm also enjoying these old Carnegies. The paint job on them looks much better than on the "other" old Carnegies.

Seijun

Carnegie Collection Triceratops, original color scheme, c. 1988:

Carnegie Collection Stegosaurus, original color scheme, c. 1988:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: