News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

1/40 Iguanodon

Started by dinonikes, November 18, 2012, 09:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinonikes

No photos to post yet, just an armature built at this point. Just sort of wanted to placemark this project with a thread, so you know its coming.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinonikes on November 18, 2012, 09:14:14 PM
No photos to post yet, just an armature built at this point. Just sort of wanted to placemark this project with a thread, so you know its coming.

Will be nice to see an accurate ,well detailed Iguanodon in 1/40 finally. :)

Patrx

This'll be cool - I don't have any Iguanodon models yet.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's been observed before. But isn't it odd just how few figures of this species have been made ? For science based models I have only the Carnegie version in my collection and it needs a bit of an update.  Malcolm's will certainly fill that niche I think.

Patrx

That is rather strange, especially given Iguanodon's place in paleontological history. There a a couple from Kaiyodo that seem pretty up-to-date - but then again, I don't know much about the big ornithopod, so it'd be tough for me to spot innacuracies.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Pixelboy on November 19, 2012, 06:27:32 PM
That is rather strange, especially given Iguanodon's place in paleontological history. There a a couple from Kaiyodo that seem pretty up-to-date - but then again, I don't know much about the big ornithopod, so it'd be tough for me to spot innacuracies.

The Kaiyodo Dinotales Iguanodon are wonderful. The one from series 6 in particular is just beautiful (photograph by our Copper). It also revises the pronated hands of the one from series 2 (photograph by Brontodocus) to neutral.

brontodocus

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 19, 2012, 08:08:59 PM
The Kaiyodo Dinotales Iguanodon are wonderful. The one from series 6 in particular is just beautiful (photograph by our Copper). It also revises the pronated hands of the one from series 2 (photograph by Brontodocus) to neutral.
Oh, now that you mention it, by now I'm quite sure the Dinotales series 2 Iguanodon from my photo isn't a proper Iguanodon sensu stricto anymore - it's more similar to e.g. Mantellisaurus, the head is very different from I. bernissartensis and the thumb claws are quite small on the series 2 figure. But to be fair the figure was produced prior to the introduction of Mantellisaurus.
But this may make a 1/40 sculpt by Malcolm even more interesting, Iguanodon and its close relatives are so often neglected despite their commonness and often mixed up with each other. And a proper I. bernissartensis by Malcolm would look awesome, I'm sure! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

dinonikes

Quote from: brontodocus on November 19, 2012, 11:11:57 PM
Oh, now that you mention it, by now I'm quite sure the Dinotales series 2 Iguanodon from my photo isn't a proper Iguanodon sensu stricto anymore - it's more similar to e.g. Mantellisaurus, the head is very different from I. bernissartensis and the thumb claws are quite small on the series 2 figure. But to be fair the figure was produced prior to the introduction of Mantellisaurus.
But this may make a 1/40 sculpt by Malcolm even more interesting, Iguanodon and its close relatives are so often neglected despite their commonness and often mixed up with each other. And a proper I. bernissartensis by Malcolm would look awesome, I'm sure! :)

Yes that is the Iguanodon that I am doing-bernissartensis- I recently got a copy of Paul's Princeton Field Guide book and have been going through picking out skeletals that are reproduced in the book at 1/40 scale(or pretty darn close enough, taking into account size ranges and not just the largest size reached for an animal). This book makes me want to make a collection of figures that would be like the book in 3D- it certainly makes me want to make a lot of sauropods-seeing all of the different skeletals in the book

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool ! I'm hoping someone will take the hint and pick me up that book eventually.  Iguanodon is about as neglected as ornithomimids..there's you another species to hit Malcolm. Nowhere near enough of them around.

Takama

Quote from: dinonikes on November 19, 2012, 11:46:27 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on November 19, 2012, 11:11:57 PM

Yes that is the Iguanodon that I am doing-bernissartensis- I recently got a copy of Paul's Princeton Field Guide book and have been going through picking out skeletals that are reproduced in the book at 1/40 scale(or pretty darn close enough, taking into account size ranges and not just the largest size reached for an animal). This book makes me want to make a collection of figures that would be like the book in 3D- it certainly makes me want to make a lot of sauropods-seeing all of the different skeletals in the book

I hope that you might get around to doing that. The thing i like, is a Toyline that makes a Lot of Species and more then the classics, Thats Why I like CollectA (as you can see from my Sig and Avatar).   But im Eyeing your pieces, and i would love to see more obscure Geneara in the future.  Take your time though. ;)  Eventually i will be able to purchus one.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.