News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

1/40 Stegosaurus ungulatus- Released

Started by dinonikes, November 18, 2012, 09:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinonikes

Here is one painted up-

Dan

Patrx

Looks great! I like the spots on the plates.

Takama

I will be honest. I'm not a fan of the blue and white spots.  if the blue were lighter, and the plates were diferatiated from the back. I might like it.

Just not my cup of tea.

SBell

Quote from: Takama on September 02, 2013, 01:28:16 AM
I will be honest. I'm not a fan of the blue and white spots.  if the blue were lighter, and the plates were diferatiated from the back. I might like it.

Just not my cup of tea.

Paint jobs can be altered (they aren't inherent to the cast, and each one is done personally after all). Send Malcolm the money and see what you can do about the colour scheme on your copy! :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

The sculpt is beautiful Malcolm. It's a terrible load of work trying to find a new and convincing color scheme sometimes  ..I think you did quite well here. Maybe I'll do something similar for my 1:1 Stegosaurus eventually. :)

Takama

yes it is indeed a good sculpt. better then any Stego I seen on the TOY market.

I case anyone's wondering, its $60

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on September 03, 2013, 04:15:54 AM
yes it is indeed a good sculpt. better then any Stego I seen on the TOY market.

I case anyone's wondering, its $60

I have to say it's better than most Stegos you see on the resin model market as well..seeing just how accurate it is. 

You'd certainly expect to pay that and more for a well built and painted resin model.