News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

T

Post Your Dino Riders Collections Everyone!

Started by Tylosaurus, March 18, 2012, 08:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Hi all

Since this new place needs some posts to get things rolling, I thought about an idea to create a topic so we can all show what we have collected over the many years Dino-Riders based.

Here my collection start with showing the brand new Mint in Box Torosaurus which I bought off ebay USA some time ago for 130 USD incl shipping & free custom taxes to The Netherlands and yeah that was a great bargain hunt I can say!

Also the new replaced Triceratops Dinosaur, the newly replaced Mint in Box Deinonychus with Sky set, Mint in box ICE AGE Sabre Toothed Tiger, ICE AGE Giant Wart Hog and the Loose Pachyrhinosaurus has also been given their places.

So here some newer pics, I also gave Bruce the Pachyrhinosaurus a place tooz! xD
Although I d wonder if would it of really had such a large, horn?
Even after looking at these sketches it may have been possible:

http://epic3d.deviantart.com/art/pachyrhinosaurus-anatomy-92344151

Top two rows:

Middle two rows:

Bottom two rows:

And the entire showcase:

Also I gave the marine reptiles a place as all the other neutral ones in there, rearranged the minerals as well added a few new ones such as that Dioptase you can see just in front of the Tylosaurus Proriger's tail :)

Here some nice juicy Macro shots of it, to give you an idea of it's formats and coloration's, Diptase is truly one of my favorite minerals out there, it's coloration is simply amazing:

Click all images to get the high resolution shots.  8-)

I hope I will see more Dino-Riders posts coming to this new section :)
Hopefully this year I migth be able to add some more minerals in there or maybe a new Dino-Rider who knows right !

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Tylosaurus

Seijun

I can't afford to collect battle gear right now. Maybe in a few years...
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Tylosaurus

Patience leads to success mate, anyways I bought most of my sets when ilived in Australia , I colelcted them between December of 1985 to December of 1990, the replacements I bougth off ebay between 2006 & 2010 :)

Still looking for a few things but yeah they will come one day and then after that I plan to preserve them as long as I can heh, this was my first true collection of anything special.

CityRaptor

Is this only for Dino Riders or can we also post pictures of the re-released Versions? Because as far as Dino Riders goes, I only have the Torosaurus, but I also have some of the Dinosaur Collection releases.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tylosaurus

Well at the Dino Riders forum we had the Dino-Riders and the Re-Released versions from the Smithsonian Collection & the Dinosaurs & Cadillacs series were also posted, this was due to that the same Dinosaur molds or models as you call them were used  8)

So to me they all belong in this segment, just post away I'd say and post your Torosaurus too, every Dino-rider is welcome here :P

DinoToyForum

Tylo, your displays are quite spectacular!  8)

Tylosaurus

Many thanks mate!

So are your bro :)  

Vitrines keep the unwanted dust particles out, this is an old IKEA Vitrine I bought about 17 years ago if not longer ago :)
The lighting comes with the Vitrine it's self

Hah this is the same one but in creme white :D
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10115562/

Tylosaurus

Well did some updates the past week and apart from all them Steggies I was collecting, I also gave the top shelf of my Dino-Riders Collection a little revamp :)

The Pinacosaurus and the Chasmosaurus were the ones I removed and I added a neutral Triceratops and rearranged the Dino-Riders Chasmosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus and some minerals which also were displayed there :)

So here the results :)

The revamped top shelf:

And the entire display:

This year I do hope to add a few more things in here, even how cramped it all may look hehe 8)

dinoridersworld.com

This is my collection of the complete series (these were taken a few years ago on an older camera so the picture quality isn't as good as it could be).  I'll have to get around to taking higher quality pictures one day.

This has all of the dinosaurs and figures, including the Cadillacs and Dinosaurs versions, the Super Dough T Rex and Quetzalcoatlus and the mail-away Ptreodactyl.

[attachment msg=11907][/attachment]

[attachment msg=11907][/attachment]

dinoridersworld.com

You can also see my second case as well as others' Dino Riders collections here:

http://www.dinoridersworld.com/fanfare-collections.html

DinoToyForum

Your case and display wouldn't look out of place in a gallery or museum! Very neat. Both figuratively and literally ;)

dinoridersworld.com

Thanks!  After I set everything up, I thought it would be fitting to get a custom name plate.  I remember going to the local sporting goods store and asking the clerk to make me up a trophy plate.  "What type of award is this for?"  "No, no award.  Just make it say 'The Dino-Riders Collection'!"  You can imagine the look I got.

Rulon on the River

Hammerhead-men, Ant-men, and Snake-men i can see, but what is Krulos? I suspect a frog-man, but he is the only one needing a bubble-suit like SlushHead (from New Adventures of He-Man).

dinoridersworld.com

Rulon on the River

This will be part of my collection soon. I just won this on eBay.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Rulon on the River on June 20, 2012, 01:17:10 AM
Hammerhead-men, Ant-men, and Snake-men i can see, but what is Krulos? I suspect a frog-man, but he is the only one needing a bubble-suit like SlushHead (from New Adventures of He-Man).

I always figured that he would be some kind of totally aquatic frog whose species does not change from gills to lungs when maturing.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

biniou24

Here are my little friends...

For now, these dinos are homeless caveless. I would like to make a diorama dinorama...  ::)

French boxes. Quetzacoatlus is shy, hidden in its box.  :)

I have repaired the lights of Torosaurus' armor, but it's quite weak.  :-\

dinoridersworld.com

Cool.  What is the on the left side of the second picture?  Is that a poster of some kind?  I don't believe I've come across that before.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.