News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Animal Toy Forum...

Started by DinoToyForum, December 06, 2012, 02:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

...is now open for registration!

http://www.animaltoyforum.com/

Yes, it finally happened. I gave in to my curiosity. Either that or I'm irrepressibly mad with power. Yeah, it's probably that. Anyway, the ATF is a sister forum to the DTF and completes a sort of holy trinity of toy sites - the dinotoyblog, dinotoyforum and animaltoyforum. Will the latter succeed? Only time will tell. I might need some help getting it kick started, so if any of you are animal toy enthusiasts and would like to volunteer to set up a 2013 thread (for example) I would be most grateful! I've also set up a thread for suggestions and comments - your thoughts are most welcome there: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,8.0.html

Maybe see you over there? Dinotoyforum/Animaltoyforum

Takama

Wow.  You went through with it :o

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: sauroid on December 06, 2012, 02:46:36 PM
i registered but didnt work.

Did you spell the animal name correctly?  :-\

stemturtle

The ATF is a great idea.  Thank you, Dr. Admin, for setting it up.  My registration worked fine.  Suggest that some of the threads here under Other Toys and Collectibles could be imported to the new site.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

sauroid

i'll try again to register.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stemturtle on December 06, 2012, 02:52:05 PM
The ATF is a great idea.  Thank you, Dr. Admin, for setting it up.  My registration worked fine.  Suggest that some of the threads here under Other Toys and Collectibles could be imported to the new site.

That's a good idea. However, I'll leave it up to individual members to repost any appropriate threads from the DTF to the ATF. As the ATF is a brand new domain, I wouldn't presume that all DTF members are happy to have their posts moved there, so I'm hesitant to move posts without permission (although I'm sure it would be granted  O:-)).

Jetoar

Great idea Adam. I will register  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Noooooo! :( Someone already took my DTF name. :'( :'( :'(
No, wait... that was me! ;D

Great idea! :D It might happen I'll spend more time over there than here, who knows?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on December 06, 2012, 04:01:58 PM
Noooooo! :( Someone already took my DTF name. :'( :'( :'(
No, wait... that was me! ;D

Hehe, you fooled me for a second. But don't give people ideas! :P ;D

brontodocus

Oops, I didn't think of that possibility. :-\
So come on all and join, that gives you one more reason... :o :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

tyrantqueen

I registered...although I am already a member of STS, I posted my lizards there but they seem to be more a mammal orientated community :-[
Why not, I guess :P

amargasaurus cazaui

Registered and started a thread I felt it would be nice to see develop. I did avoid temptation to use the same name over, so will see how long it takes to figure out what is mine HA.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

I'll probably register eventually but I don't collect extant animal toys and it would probably be best if it stayed that way. I should resist the temptation. Still a great idea though and I may stop by on occasion. When will we see the "Animal Toy Blog?"

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on December 06, 2012, 09:50:06 PM
I'll probably register eventually but I don't collect extant animal toys and it would probably be best if it stayed that way. I should resist the temptation. Still a great idea though and I may stop by on occasion. When will we see the "Animal Toy Blog?"
Umm, it's running right now.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 06, 2012, 08:30:56 PM
Registered and started a thread I felt it would be nice to see develop. I did avoid temptation to use the same name over, so will see how long it takes to figure out what is mine HA.

I think I know which one is you.  ;)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 06, 2012, 09:55:56 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 06, 2012, 09:50:06 PM
Umm, it's running right now.

Blog, not forum  ;) I thought about an animal toy blog, but decided there isn't quite the same scope for reviewing figures of modern day animals as there is for prehistoric animals.

Takama

In case its not obviuos yet, I joined the forum,  But under a diffrent name, and(if i can keep up with it) Personality

DinoToyForum

I'm shocked and delighted how quickly the ATF seems to have taken off!  :o

brontodocus

Hehe, and to make sure that the insects will take over, I'll invite Blaine to join, too. He's the one who ran "insectasynthetica.com". Creepy crawlies all over the place... >:D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.