News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Animal Toy Forum...

Started by DinoToyForum, December 06, 2012, 02:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Oh that's shame, I thought reviewing the animal figures in a similar style to the DTB would have been cool...

brontodocus

I guess if we give it some time it may develop, eventually? I see much potential in reviews, it's much more obvious to test a figure's accuracy for example than on a figure representing a prehistoric organism since much more information is available.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

DinoToyForum

Maybe an animal toy blog will spawn into being some day...who knows. Actually, I think there's a blog system mod I could integrate into the forum. But for now I'll just focus on the forum!

I wonder if the busy first day is just due to the excitement of it being new. Maybe it will calm down, but I hope it keeps busy, first impressions are that it looks like I made the right decision to launch the new forum. :)

ZoPteryx

Wow, another cool forum to join! ;D

Libraraptor

Good luck to the Animal Toy Forum! As for myself, I probably won´t registrate due to a lack of interest and time, but I think there are many enthusiasts out there. Yet I know the niche is already being filled by all the Schleich forums - what would the exact speciality of the ATF be?

SBell

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 08, 2012, 02:26:48 PM
Good luck to the Animal Toy Forum! As for myself, I probably won´t registrate due to a lack of interest and time, but I think there are many enthusiasts out there. Yet I know the niche is already being filled by all the Schleich forums - what would the exact speciality of the ATF be?

Have you been to STS? Each post seems to compete to see how many emoticons can fit into a single post...

But they do have lots of good pictures, and often have them earlier than many other places.

tyrantqueen

That's what I said a while back- and we have Laughing Giraffe too- but I guess I'm a hypocrite since I joined anyway. My main interest in the forum is really the buying aspect of it- I was hoping that someone might be able to help me add more to my lizard collection :)

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 08, 2012, 03:57:23 PM
That's what I said a while back- and we have Laughing Giraffe too- but I guess I'm a hypocrite since I joined anyway. My main interest in the forum is really the buying aspect of it- I was hoping that someone might be able to help me add more to my lizard collection :)

Laughing Giraffe barely functions anymore--I am guessing that between the popularity of STS and the LG policy of not being allowed to sell, mention ebay auctions, or even discussing values probably chases away most collectors (for whom trading, selling, buying and auctions are kind of important).

sauroid

Quote from: SBell on December 08, 2012, 06:15:05 PM

Laughing Giraffe barely functions anymore--I am guessing that between the popularity of STS and the LG policy of not being allowed to sell, mention ebay auctions, or even discussing values probably chases away most collectors (for whom trading, selling, buying and auctions are kind of important).
yes indeed. buying/selling/trading is some sort of religion among collectors. and LG has that unfriendly aura about it (mainly emanating from its admin perhaps).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on December 10, 2012, 02:39:05 PM

yes indeed. buying/selling/trading is some sort of religion among collectors. and LG has that unfriendly aura about it (mainly emanating from its admin perhaps).
If you don't mind me asking, who is the admin of LG? :)

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 10, 2012, 03:47:27 PM
Quote from: sauroid on December 10, 2012, 02:39:05 PM

If you don't mind me asking, who is the admin of LG? :)

The name Helen rings a bell, but otherwise I have no real idea.

DinoToyForum

Hmm, I think it is unfair and unfitting to gossip like this so I ask politely for us not to continue the thread in that direction. Thanks!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 10, 2012, 05:24:52 PM
Hmm, I think it is unfair and unfitting to gossip like this so I ask politely for us not to continue the thread in that direction. Thanks!
Sorry, that wasn't my intention :-[ I was just curious.

Libraraptor

Hm. I´ve been strolling around the ATF for a while now and I must say, it´s a nice place to go although there are no prehistorics there! I think I´m going to join and contribute to it occasionally. But noone should expect extraordinary activity. Here at the DTF I already had to reduce activity to occasional postings, which is a pity, since I still have a strong feeling of being home when I´m here. Unfortunately my work demands lots of time. However, I´m gonna stay here, in a forum where being a member is a pleasure and enter ATF, too.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 11, 2012, 08:14:18 PM
Hm. I´ve been strolling around the ATF for a while now and I must say, it´s a nice place to go although there are no prehistorics there! I think I´m going to join and contribute to it occasionally. But noone should expect extraordinary activity. Here at the DTF I already had to reduce activity to occasional postings, which is a pity, since I still have a strong feeling of being home when I´m here. Unfortunately my work demands lots of time. However, I´m gonna stay here, in a forum where being a member is a pleasure and enter ATF, too.

You are always welcome Stefan, even as a lurker. :D

Bokisaurus

I still have to register, but so far it looks good. ;)
This can be dangerous to the pocket$$$$ ;D

DinoToyForum

Good news over on the ATF, Safari Ltd like us   :D  8)

sauroid

that is awesome re Safari Ltd. and ATF almost has 50 members in just a week. btw DocAdmin, are there any fresh/non-DTF members? it would be interesting to know. ^-^
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Yes, there are a few ATF members who aren't DTF members. As the site climbs up the google rankings and becomes more widely known I'm sure the community will grow with proper 'newbies', and they are most welcome!  :D

DinoToyForum

A pair of matching favicons. ;D The ATF has settled on an elephant toy favicon that's intended to mirror the DTF Invicta Brachiosaurus favicon :) 

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.