News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Animal Toy Forum...

Started by DinoToyForum, December 06, 2012, 02:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

As the ATF doesn't have an associated blog for reviews, we've set up a dedicated section of the forum for individual figure reviews and walk-arounds instead. Feel free to check it out, or even contribute, at http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Sorry for the cheeky plug! :P It should be the last one for a while as it's time for me to turn my attention to the dinotoyblog and some long overdue dinosaur reviews ;)

IHogaRok

I'm sure its a cool forum, but I personally am more interested in prehistoric life. *orthocone*

DinoToyForum

So as not to muddy the Dinosaur Toy Blog/Forum Facebook page with animal natter, I've set up a separate page for the Animal Toy Forum here: https://www.facebook.com/animaltoyforum We invite you to 'like' us  :-*  :))

DinoToyForum

Just another quick plug for the Animal Toy Forum, sister forum of the DTF. Of particular note, the reviews and walk-around section over there is populating rapidly. Contributions are always welcome!  C:-)

DinoToyForum

To coincide with the launch of the Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2013, the first ever Animal Toy Forum Diorama Contest is now open at The Animal Toy Forum. Head over there for details :)

DinoToyForum

The poll for the Animal Toy Forum Diorama Contest, sponsored by Safari Ltd, is now open! Head over there to vote!: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,666.0.html

DinoToyForum

Just a few days left to vote in the ATF contest: every vote counts, so please head over there if you haven't already! http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,666.0.html

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

The final results of the Animal Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2013, sponsored by Safari Ltd, have now been announced. http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,709.0.html It took a tie-break poll, and even then there was a single vote between 1st and 2nd place!

Simon

My God, what an upset!  The winning dio isn't even in the same league as #2 or #3, in my opinion.

#3 SHOULD have won, and #2 should have been second ... just my 2 cents ... have no horse in that race ... just genuinely surprised, that's all ....

Of these three dios, #3 is the only one which - at first glance - absolutely looks REAL....

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Simon on October 14, 2013, 06:17:21 PM
My God, what an upset!  The winning dio isn't even in the same league as #2 or #3, in my opinion.

#3 SHOULD have won, and #2 should have been second ... just my 2 cents ... have no horse in that race ... just genuinely surprised, that's all ....

Of these three dios, #3 is the only one which - at first glance - absolutely looks REAL....

It was extremely close, a few votes one way or another, and the order of the winners could have been very different. With no run away winners, every vote truly counted on this occasion.

sauroid

Oh no!
what happened to the ATF?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on November 11, 2013, 04:09:02 PM
Oh no!
Yeah, I saw that too. I think the server must be down for maintenance or something. :o

sauroid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 11, 2013, 04:12:28 PM
Oh no!
Yeah, I saw that too. I think the server must be down for maintenance or something. :o
i hope it's nothing serious  :(
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Oh no!

No fear! It is just undergoing maintenance - my hosts are finally moving the database to a new, dedicated server. Hopefully this will fix the slowness issues and stop the forum going offline all the time. I was only given short notice of the move, and was at work, so didn't have an opportunity to inform everyone. Not even the staff  :-[ It should be back up and running soon.

sauroid

DinoToyForum

The ATF is back up and running. Should be much faster and more reliable now.  C:-)

Yutyrannus

Avatars aren't working and the ATF won't allow me to upload a new one. What is going on :o?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

A new banner for the ATF!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.