News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Misc. Business/Flotsam and Jetsom

Started by dinonikes, March 19, 2012, 07:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Sorry to hear that things are still rough, I hope that things will work out.
As you already know, I have been a huge fan of your work since day one, and continue to do so to this day many years later :)
I do hope that you would continue to make more dinosaur model. I have waited for my orders for a long time, but it is a wait that is truly worth it once you have the model n your hands. I have total trust in you. Take care, oh and really love that big fish! :)

Simon

Any news on Fauna Casts?  haven't heard from Malcolm in a couple of months...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I had heard from him at the end of July. He's still taking orders if anyone is interested.

Takama

I pmd him about ordering, and he said that he is indeed still taking them.

SBell

I'm oin the midst of one right now, so things are still a go. Just remember, it's pre-paid (AFAIK). You can't just place orders and pay when they're sent, and because they're handcrafted it can require (worthwhile) patience.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on August 18, 2013, 05:25:26 AM
I'm oin the midst of one right now, so things are still a go. Just remember, it's pre-paid (AFAIK). You can't just place orders and pay when they're sent, and because they're handcrafted it can require (worthwhile) patience.

Exactly. I have a nice large order myself from him and it can take time, Malcolm does his best that's for sure.  I think if you order unpainted pieces it can be a bit of a quicker turnaround..but I'm not sure if he's still offering those.

DinoToyForum

Just a quick question for Dinonikes. I'm editing a review for the dinotoyblog (Takama, sorry it has taken so long!) and it occurred to me that while the line is listed on the blog as 'Fauna Casts', it is listed on the forum as 'Faunacasts'. Which is correct?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think it's two words : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fauna-Casts/178773252181221

Malcolm doesn't have a continual internet connection..I think he goes out to use it at the library. So it may take some time for him to respond. 

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 02, 2014, 06:04:32 PM
I think it's two words : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fauna-Casts/178773252181221

Malcolm doesn't have a continual internet connection..I think he goes out to use it at the library. So it may take some time for him to respond.

Thanks Blade. When I receive the final word I can edit the erroneous occurrences to keep things consistent :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 02, 2014, 06:10:33 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 02, 2014, 06:04:32 PM

Thanks Blade. When I receive the final word I can edit the erroneous occurrences to keep things consistent :)

Not  a problem. Malcolm I'm sure appreciates it. :)

Takama

Dr.Admin. I thank you for posting that reveiw.  I will admit my writeing is a bit........hazzy.   but I'm trying to work on it

Blade-of-the-Moon

Some pics of my recent purchases from Malcolm :

Posted a couple pics on Malcolm's Fauna Casts FB page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fauna-Casts/178773252181221

SBell

Has anyone heard from Malcolm lately? I'm just hoping to get an update on my order from last year (I know, others have been waiting longer--but I still want to know if anyone has contact).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on September 24, 2014, 04:33:59 AM
Has anyone heard from Malcolm lately? I'm just hoping to get an update on my order from last year (I know, others have been waiting longer--but I still want to know if anyone has contact).
not since around july when i sent him the final payment for my compy set.  i did shoot him an email last week but haven't heard back.

Simon

My last email from Malcolm was in April, and he sounded OK, said that things were going a little better.  Nothing since then, despite my having emailed him about a month ago.  Hope all is OK and he's just too busy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Haven't heard anything new to speak of.

Brachiosaurus

A 1:40 Scale Tiktaalik would go great with the swamp playlet, Wink, Wink ;) ;)

SBell

Has anyone heard anything from Malcolm in the last long while? I have been unable to get any responses from him anywhere.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on January 01, 2015, 09:51:34 PM
Has anyone heard anything from Malcolm in the last long while? I have been unable to get any responses from him anywhere.

I lat heard from him around July/August when I sent him 200.00 to finish paying off my order of three Compies. I sent it to his wife's paypal and he said he'd keep in touch. I've sent the odd email in the last month and even tried reaching him on his facebook page but with no response yet.

Looks like he last posted around then as well : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fauna-Casts/178773252181221

His wife updates her page more regularly and hasn't mentioned him or any issues so I assume he is good health.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I did get a message from Malcolm today I think it's broad enough I can update everyone with it.

Hello,

I havent had much access to computers so havent done emails or anything. I just wanted to send short update- I will be sending out everyone's orders asap, everyone will receive their packages. I dont want to go into a long excuse or anything just that those who have orders in will get them. I probably will not sell directly to collectors anymore, only through dealers or other outlets if at all. We shall see.

Malcolm

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.