News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Misc. Business/Flotsam and Jetsom

Started by dinonikes, March 19, 2012, 07:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Apatosaurus he did just cast some of so those are available.

dinonikes

Quote from: stoneage on November 10, 2012, 07:47:00 PM
Quote from: Takama on November 10, 2012, 05:04:25 PM
Quote from: stoneage on November 10, 2012, 03:53:39 PM
Quote from: dinonikes on November 09, 2012, 12:38:21 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 08, 2012, 04:07:46 AM
Quote from: Takama on November 08, 2012, 04:01:35 AM
Wow I see that you retired some of the older pieces.   

Malcolm did mention doing that eventually. Of course it should make them more collectible now as well. :)

Yes, I retired ones that are being either redone, or ones that were a pain in the a----s to make. You can find some last pieces out there of some of these retired pieces either through Dan's Dinosaurs who had a few of the Parasaurolophus, and also the ebay seller Kingofmodelcars has quite a few of those that were retired in unpainted versions, sort of pricey though, although for say the 1/40 dilo, 1/40 T.rex version 1 and a few others, he is the only one to have those, get em while you can if you want.

Do you have a list of what you've retired?  I'm just curious if I've missed out on anything I haven't got yet.

Go to the Figure avaibility thread, He listed the word retired next to the ones that are

Thanks!  Oh no!  Looks like I missed out on the Quetzalcoatlus.  :'( So I take it none of the 1/15 or 1/1 figures along with Apatosaurus and Leedsichthys etc. were ever released.

I have the 1/15 Dilophosaurus available for order, the Apatosaurus is also available for order, the Leedsichthys is finally available for order as well, just need to photograph finished pieces of those- you can see the Apatosaurus and 1/15 Dilo listed on ebay by the seller kingofmodelcars- he just picked up an order recently including those. THey are unpainted though, bought through me they would be painted.

Also the other 1/15 pieces, Allosaurus and Acro could also be ordered, as well as the 1/1 Compy or 1/1 Rhamphorhynchus pterosaur. Pm me if interested.

SBell

If I was in a position to do so I would so be ordering a Leedsichthys right now...

But please, keep me in mind when you'remaking them, as I will get one as soon as I am able (you know what I am talking about).

dinonikes

Quote from: SBell on November 11, 2012, 06:52:49 PM
If I was in a position to do so I would so be ordering a Leedsichthys right now...

But please, keep me in mind when you'remaking them, as I will get one as soon as I am able (you know what I am talking about).

I will be casting Leedsichthys this coming week, I will cast one for you and you can get it when you can. It has been so long in the mold that I almost forgot what it looks like, it will be nice to see it again once I have the first cast out of the mold, the same thing happened with the 1/15 Dilo which had languished in a half molded stage for a bit, and once I got out the first cast, I was very pleased to see it. I actually did a bit more sculpting of details to the 1/15 Dilo since the photos that were last posted in that thread.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would love to see some updated pics Malcolm. Especially of the Rhamphorynchus.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: dinonikes on November 11, 2012, 07:33:23 PM
Quote from: SBell on November 11, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

I will be casting Leedsichthys this coming week, I will cast one for you and you can get it when you can. It has been so long in the mold that I almost forgot what it looks like, it will be nice to see it again once I have the first cast out of the mold, the same thing happened with the 1/15 Dilo which had languished in a half molded stage for a bit, and once I got out the first cast, I was very pleased to see it. I actually did a bit more sculpting of details to the 1/15 Dilo since the photos that were last posted in that thread.

Oh. please don't forget me when you are casting that Leedsichtys! I have waited so long for that day to come, I will be very sad if I missed out on that chance! ;)
How much us that puppy again?

dinonikes

Tomorrow, Dec. 7, is a day of personal anniversaries for me- two exactly- one of them is the fact that tomorrow night it will be exactly to the day four years since I first posted in my original 'Dino Toy Line Questions' thread on the old version of the forum asking members about the idea I had then to make custom prehistoric figures of species and poses etc. that toy lines werent making. A lot has changed since then, now almost four years later to the day you have an actual toy company here asking you to give suggestions what to make, not some lone artist off on his own working in a garage/basement.
I looked back a little and it is interesting to see the species and suggestions that were thrown at me four years ago, as opposed to the ones being tossed out now to Mojo. There were a whole different bunch of suggestors at that time four years ago- a lot of them have seemed to disappeared or at least are not very active members.
I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have collected my works since then, put up with me, shown me patience and support through those four years. If, years after I am gone from this earth, I am known for anything as an artist, it will most likely be for these prehistoric figures that I have made and will make from now til that time. When I was a young artist in my twenties I had assumed my paintings and sculptures which I would reluctuntly use the term 'fine art' to categorize would be my legacy, its funny how things turn out.

SBell

Quote from: dinonikes on December 07, 2012, 12:30:25 AM
Tomorrow, Dec. 7, is a day of personal anniversaries for me- two exactly- one of them is the fact that tomorrow night it will be exactly to the day four years since I first posted in my original 'Dino Toy Line Questions' thread on the old version of the forum asking members about the idea I had then to make custom prehistoric figures of species and poses etc. that toy lines werent making. A lot has changed since then, now almost four years later to the day you have an actual toy company here asking you to give suggestions what to make, not some lone artist off on his own working in a garage/basement.
I looked back a little and it is interesting to see the species and suggestions that were thrown at me four years ago, as opposed to the ones being tossed out now to Mojo. There were a whole different bunch of suggestors at that time four years ago- a lot of them have seemed to disappeared or at least are not very active members.
I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have collected my works since then, put up with me, shown me patience and support through those four years. If, years after I am gone from this earth, I am known for anything as an artist, it will most likely be for these prehistoric figures that I have made and will make from now til that time. When I was a young artist in my twenties I had assumed my paintings and sculptures which I would reluctuntly use the term 'fine art' to categorize would be my legacy, its funny how things turn out.

I know that I am honored to have just a sample of your works (and eagerly await the one, plus the Leeds when things get a little easier here).  I am also honored that I got to work with you on a full-scale model, just because of meeting you through the forum!

John

I had not realized it had been 4 years now since then! I've gotten some of your works too,including Muraenosaurus and Kronosaurus since then.The one I'm still holding out for is the 1:15 scale Ceratosaurus on a nest model when that one comes out. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: John on December 07, 2012, 01:39:30 AM
I had not realized it had been 4 years now since then! I've gotten some of your works too,including Muraenosaurus and Kronosaurus since then.The one I'm still holding out for is the 1:15 scale Ceratosaurus on a nest model when that one comes out. ;D

I'm quite interested in that as well as the 1/15 Suchomimus. :)

Takama

Pehaps before you pass away(likely in the far Distant future), you should think about selling, or donating the molds for some of the figures, so they can live on.

Simon

Malcolm, you know how much all of us who collect your pieces admire your work and the art/love/dedication that you put into it!  BTW, I'm gonna order the Leedisycthus as well.  I'll PM or email you later to confirm the price.

Simon

Quote from: Takama on December 07, 2012, 02:39:12 AM
Pehaps before you pass away(likely in the far Distant future), you should think about selling, or donating the molds for some of the figures, so they can live on.

Problem is, the moulds do not last forever.  Probably after 40-50 castings they are done.

Patrx

Quote from: dinonikes on December 07, 2012, 12:30:25 AMI just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have collected my works since then, put up with me, shown me patience and support through those four years. If, years after I am gone from this earth, I am known for anything as an artist, it will most likely be for these prehistoric figures that I have made and will make from now til that time. When I was a young artist in my twenties I had assumed my paintings and sculptures which I would reluctuntly use the term 'fine art' to categorize would be my legacy, its funny how things turn out.

As others have said, it's been an honor and a really great opportunity to collect and to provide input on your work! I'm always looking forward to seeing what you come up with next :)

dinonikes

Someone asked me to post this info- sort of a status report of some kind I guess- as of 12/26/2012 this listing only covers 1/40 figures- there are others in these categories that are in 1/15 scale and other scales- the term
in progress' means those that either have been started or are finished sculpted but not finished molded yet. I have tried to list full scientific names when I know them offhand- please forgive any mispelling on my part.

1/40 Prehistoric Figures-Released
-Supersaurus viviane
-Apatosaurus ajax
-Spinosaurus aegypticus
-Suchomimus tenerensis
-Ceratosaurus nascornis
-T. rex V2
-Allosaurus fragilis on Apatosaurus carcass
-Daeodon
-Mastodon
-Moropus
-Moschops
-Brontotherium
-Indricotherium
-Muraenosaurus
-Kronosaurus
-Xiphactinus
-Leedsichthys

1/40 Prehistoric Figures- Retired
-Dilophosaurus wetherilli
-T. rex
-Acrocanthosaurus atokensis
-Ornithocheirus
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Parasaurolophus
-Tylosaurus-
-Ophthalmosaurus

1/40 Prehistoric Figures- In Progress
-Stegosaurus ungulatus
-Camarasaurus lentus adult
-Camarasaurus lentus juvenile 1
-Camarasaurus lentus juvenile 2
-Acrocanthosaurus atokensis V2
-Yangchuanosaurus shangyuensis
-Brachylophosaurus canadensis
-Utahceratops
-Kosmoceratops
-Parasaurolophus walkeri
-Iguanadon bernissartensis
-T. rex V3
-Triceratops horridus
-Dilophosaurus wetherilli V2
-Baryonyx walkeri
-Uintatherium

1/40 Prehistoric Figures- Future Figures
-Giraffatitan brancai
-Mammoth
-Giganotosaurus carolinii
-Plateosaurus longiceps
-Amargasaurus cazaui
-Sauropelta edwardsi
-Carnotaurus sasrei
-Deinotherium giganteum
-Allosaurus fragilis
-Diplodocus carnegii
-Kentrosaurus aethiopicus
-Stegosaurus stenops
-Coelphysis bauri
-Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis
-Styracosaurus ovatus
-Ouranosaurus nigerensis
-Shantungosaurus giganteus
-Edmontosaurus regalis
-Saurolophus osborni
-Lambeosaurus magicristatus
-Embolotherium
-Short Faced Bear
-Basilosaurus
-Tylosaurus V2
-Ornithocheirus V2
-Quetzalcoatlus V2
-Ophthalmosaurus V2
-Elasamosaurus

John

Quote from: dinonikes on December 27, 2012, 01:00:55 AM
Someone asked me to post this info- sort of a status report of some kind I guess- as of 12/26/2012 this listing only covers 1/40 figures- there are others in these categories that are in 1/15 scale and other scales- the term
in progress' means those that either have been started or are finished sculpted but not finished molded yet. I have tried to list full scientific names when I know them offhand- please forgive any mispelling on my part.

1/40 Prehistoric Figures-Released
-Supersaurus viviane
-Apatosaurus ajax
-Spinosaurus aegypticus
-Suchomimus tenerensis
-Ceratosaurus nascornis
-T. rex V2
-Allosaurus fragilis on Apatosaurus carcass
-Daeodon
-Mastodon
-Moropus
-Brontotherium
-Indricotherium
-Muraenosaurus
-Kronosaurus
-Xiphactinus
-Leedsichthys

1/40 Prehistoric Figures- Retired
-Dilophosaurus wetherilli
-T. rex
-Acrocanthosaurus atokensis
-Ornithocheirus
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Parasaurolophus
-Tylosaurus-
-Ophthalmosaurus

1/40 Prehistoric Figures- In Progress
-Stegosaurus ungulatus
-Camarasaurus lentus adult
-Camarasaurus lentus juvenile 1
-Camarasaurus lentus juvenile 2
-Acrocanthosaurus atokensis V2
-Yangchuanosaurus shangyuensis
-Brachylophosaurus canadensis
-Utahceratops
-Kosmoceratops
-Parasaurolophus walkeri
-Iguanadon bernissartensis
-T. rex V3
-Triceratops horridus
-Dilophosaurus wetherilli V2
-Baryonyx walkeri
-Uintatherium

1/40 Prehistoric Figures- Future Figures
-Giraffatitan brancai
-Mammoth
-Giganotosaurus carolinii
-Plateosaurus longiceps
-Amargasaurus cazaui
-Sauropelta edwardsi
-Carnotaurus sasrei
-Deinotherium
-Allosaurus fragilis
-Diplodocus carnegii
-Kentrosaurus aethiopicus
-Stegosaurus stenops
-Coelphysis bauri
-Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis
-Styracosaurus ovatus
-Ouranosaurus nigerensis
-Shantungosaurus giganteus
-Edmontosaurus regalis
-Saurolophus osborni
-Lambeosaurus magicristatus
-Embolotherium
So many nice species to look forward to... ;D
As an aside,Styracosaurus ovatus has been given a new genus name,so it is now known as Rubeosaurus ovatus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

dinonikes

Its so hard to keep up with these name changes.

Takama

You forgot the moschops in the list of Completed figures

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't see any pterosaurs aside form the discontinued ones..never did get those.. :/  No new marine reptiles either ? Always wanted a Nothosaurus..bigger than the Safari toob one anyway.

dinonikes

Quote from: Takama on December 28, 2012, 12:36:16 AM
You forgot the moschops in the list of Completed figures

Thanks, forgot that one, added it to list.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.