News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

1/40 Tyrannosaurus rex Version 2- Released

Started by dinonikes, March 19, 2012, 09:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinonikes

Here are photos of an armature for a 1/40 scale maquette I made in preparation for making a 1/15 scale model-I wanted to make a stalking pose, like it is crouched low so it isnt seen, and is slowly approchaing a prey in its sights-hope it looks like it to you- I only took this sketch maquette to a certain point, just was working out the pose on a small scale before making the larger piece-but decided to finish it up so it can be a figure in 1/40-I based this on the Sue skeleton since its here in Chicagoland

dinonikes

rough clay-

dinonikes

Here are a few photos of my 1/40 T. rex V2 finished pattern- have a few orders in for this guy already- will post photos of painted one as soon as possible- this one is $60.00, not a bad price for a completely finished ready to display model-

Tylosaurus

Damn that's some good modelling you got going on there and all from scrap huh ? ;D

Or do you have some diagrams to plan such a thing out? Especially the clay, that would need molding to get it to that perfect shape right?

I'd be interested to see some more details on how you make such things hehe  8)
Keep this thread posted on your progress  8)

dutchdinolover

Wow :o! It is such a nice sculpt ;D! A huge Improvement over your first rendition in my  humble opinion.

Lio99

I love t-rex with their mouth closed! nice work

dinonikes

Here is a cast painted up-

[img http://i.imgur.com/1TUw5g6.jpg[/img]http://

Tylosaurus

Nice taste colors you have dinolikes :) That T-Rex is really nice man! 8)

Patrx

Very nice pattern! This may end up being the coolest model on my shelf :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

AWESOME ! ;D

I was thinking of getting one and having it painted like the Dinamation Rex..the pose just seems so much like it.. :)

Lady medusa

robustus_

Great paint job! Very vibrant, but very believable.

Takama

the king is reborn.  is there an option to have one painted like the original?

dinonikes

Another paint scheme-each one has been getting its own paint job as I go-

tyrantqueen

Personally I like this colour scheme a lot better :P

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 01, 2012, 04:36:18 AM
Personally I like this colour scheme a lot better :P

Agreed

Blade-of-the-Moon

I really like this paint scheme..it's darker but the patterns and all really pull it together..very sweet !

Patrx

I must admit, I like the new coloration better myself, hah.

dinonikes

MOVING SALE- one week, today through Sunday (ok, not a technical full week)- order by sending PM or email- I will give payment details in response- payment can wait a week if you order within timeframe alloted by sale- T.rex V2 USUALLY PRICED AT 60.00 sale price of 40.00 free shipping for U.S. shipping destinations.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.