News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

1/40 Suchomimus- Released

Started by dinonikes, March 19, 2012, 11:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinonikes

Here are photos of roughed in clay for a 1/40 Suchomimus, measures 12 inches in length- also started a 1/40 Baryonyx, will post photos of that one at a later time- these two should go nicely with the Spino-

Lio99

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think I like the angle from the third photo best..and that will probably be how I display it.. ;D

Can't wait to see this one..it will obviously be the best " toy/figure " Sucho out there. ;)

Yutyrannus

What color will it be? I can't wait to see the finished model! This will look awesome!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on April 13, 2012, 02:45:17 AM
  What color will it be? I can't wait to see the finished model! This will look awesome!

If it's an unpainted version ..whatever color you choose.. ;D

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on April 13, 2012, 03:12:49 AM
I hope its a Blue color :)

Pick up one, ship it to me and I'll paint it up blue for ya' ! Maybe a nice Smurf tone ? ;D

dinonikes

I actually have this one all finished sculpted, just need to post photos of the finished sculpt when I can find time to do so. I went ahead and started molding it, as I have a few orders in for it already(60.00 for fully painted finished piece).
As far as color, not sure yet what it will look like. I sort of paint my models however it strikes me these days. I dont stick to one color scheme for a piece really anymore. Most of the collectors who actually do buy models from me prefer to have unique or somewhat unique paint schemes. I tend to paint in batches when I can, so sometimes if I have say three orders for a Suchomimus, they get painted similarly since I have the colors mixed up already. I just vary them slightly from one to the next.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinonikes on April 13, 2012, 07:34:57 PM
I actually have this one all finished sculpted, just need to post photos of the finished sculpt when I can find time to do so. I went ahead and started molding it, as I have a few orders in for it already(60.00 for fully painted finished piece).
As far as color, not sure yet what it will look like. I sort of paint my models however it strikes me these days. I dont stick to one color scheme for a piece really anymore. Most of the collectors who actually do buy models from me prefer to have unique or somewhat unique paint schemes. I tend to paint in batches when I can, so sometimes if I have say three orders for a Suchomimus, they get painted similarly since I have the colors mixed up already. I just vary them slightly from one to the next.

That's great to hear Malcolm..I can't wait to see this guy and then place my own order ! ;D

Takama

Any colors decided on this yet?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Been really excited to see this one finally...an I still have my claws crossed for the 1/20 version.  We need some nice Suchomimus figures..there just aren't any really. Ol' Spiney gets all the glory. :/

dinonikes

Photos showing in progress- this one is actually finished and in the molding process, wanted to post some showing wip to show process and for continuity I guess-will post photos of finished sculpt when I have the time

Balaur

Quote from: dinonikes on September 10, 2012, 04:28:42 AM
Photos showing in progress- this one is actually finished and in the molding process, wanted to post some showing wip to show process and for continuity I guess-will post photos of finished sculpt when I have the time

That looks real.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I love the wrinkles and pose..this is certainly the best Suchomimus replica out there currently. :)

Just let me know when to pay for it ! ;D

Seijun

Oh, I really like this one! I think your dinosaur sculpting skills just keep getting better. And finally, an accurate and affordable sucho, hurrah!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Jetoar

I think the same that Blade. It is a excellente reply of Suchomimus.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Patrx

Malcolm, you're making it rather challenging to stick to my decision to stop buying featherless theropods XD

dinonikes

MOVING SALE- one week, today through Sunday (ok, not a technical full week)- order by sending PM or email- I will give payment details in response- payment can wait a week if you order within timeframe alloted by sale- Suchomimus-USUALLY PRICED 60.00-sale price 40.00-

Ok, this one is an act of faith on your part, havent posted photos of finished sculpt- but you get the idea I think by what is posted. Wait to see finished photos and pay the higher price later. Sorry if that sounds blunt.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think seeing the rough sculpt and your previous Spino is good enough for me..should be for everyone I think :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just found Malcolm's Sucho on eBay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREHISTORIC-DINOSAUR-SUCHOMIMUS-RESIN-MODEL-KIT-/230876805689?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item35c1547a39

I'm sure he'll get his own pics up as soon as he can, but I'm very impressed with it. This is what Safari should have had in their line ..not that abomination that was churned out. ;)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.