News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo Oviraptor alternate colour scheme?

Started by tyrantqueen, January 16, 2013, 01:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Seeing this alternate promotional image for the Papo oviraptor has always confused me. Is it a second paint job for the figure (like Papo did with the velociraptor) or was this just a new artwork created as a promo but the paintjob on the figure itself remains the same? I have never seen a Papo oviraptor toy anywhere on the web with this paintjob before.

Can someone clarify this?

And yes, I am aware this colour scheme was inspired by a painting by a certain paleoartist whose name escapes me :)

sauroid

i have no idea but i hope ifever Papo would remake that Oviraptor, they'd put feathers on it and ditch the egg.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dan

This was the original prototype image used as a stock photo for the Oviraptor. The final product never looked like this.

Roselaar

Quote from: Dan on January 16, 2013, 11:21:40 AM
This was the original prototype image used as a stock photo for the Oviraptor. The final product never looked like this.

Correct. I've never seen the Papoviraptor with this proto paint job anywhere else but on Papo's site (and on the sites of some of their affiliates, though  the stock picture was usually quickly replaced when the final product looked a lot different). I certainly don't know of any "live" samples sporting these colours, though I wouldn't mind seeing it in the flesh.

tyrantqueen

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.