News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Poll - how do you visit The Dinosaur Toy Forum?

Started by DinoToyForum, February 09, 2013, 11:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you view the DTF?

Mostly on a standard computer screen.
61 (60.4%)
Mostly on a mobile device (phone/tablet etc).
22 (21.8%)
About 50/50 mobile device/standard screen.
10 (9.9%)
Mostly through the mists of a bubbling cauldron.
8 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

DinoToyForum

This recent thread (http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1216.0.html) has prompted me to investigate how most visitors view the DTF. I'll also check google analytics but I thought a poll might also prompt some discussion.

As for me, I always use a laptop. Hence, the issue of mobile access hasn't really been on my radar.

DinoToyForum

all right, who clicked option 4? :P I always suspected as much.

SBell

Jetoar

I use de always my laptoc and some times my mobil phone and and Ipad  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Personal computer, because that is all I have (and use).

paleoferroequine

I have a desktop at my store, a netbook hooked up to a 17in monitor at home, and a Asus Transformer tablet when I'm out and about. Although right now I'm on the tablet since I have browser issues and can't use the computer.

DinoToyForum

About 35% of visitors sometimes or mostly access the forum using a mobile device. That's quite high, and I bet the figure will grow with time...I suppose it's time to make the forum more friendly to such devices...

sauroid

the only time i access the DTF through my mobile is when my PC is busted.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

Concavenator

I visit the forum with my Ipad,sometimes with my computer  :)

Arul

From ipad, cellphone, laptop, computer. Haha i love this forum

triceratops83

Laptop, I only have a basic mobile phone and have no interest in Smartphones or gadgets.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

stargatedalek

I mostly use my desktop but often my tablet as well, I've never had issues using the forum on mobile.

Doug Watson

Only on my computor (Scotty ref)

P.S. touchscreens are the Devil's spawn

stargatedalek

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 23, 2015, 03:07:39 PMP.S. touchscreens are the Devil's spawn
I could not agree more! I do find them efficient for mobile devices since they save a lot of space, but it bothers me when I see touchscreens for laptops or desktops. Like, why would you ever want that? >:D

Doug Watson

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 23, 2015, 03:18:13 PM
I could not agree more! I do find them efficient for mobile devices since they save a lot of space, but it bothers me when I see touchscreens for laptops or desktops. Like, why would you ever want that? >:D

My problem is I am like Dr. Alan Grant every time I touch a Touchscreen it goes black on me. Plus when I had to get a new camcorder, no more view finder it has a bloody touchscreen. We went to the Grand Canyon and with the glare from the sun I couldn't see what I was filming! They are just plain evil!

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 23, 2015, 03:18:13 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on May 23, 2015, 03:07:39 PMP.S. touchscreens are the Devil's spawn

I have a laptop with a touch screen that can fold into a tablet. So best of all worlds depending on what I need!

Kayakasaurus

I use my iPhone 5s almost 100% time. I find myself very often trying to switch to the desktop version of sites because the mobile ones can be a little tricker to access content, and I like to see everything at once. If there was an app to download I probably wouldn't get it, just because it takes up space on my drive as well as my screen and its easier to just go to my browser, and that way you don't have to exit the app to view links to other sites. But I'm open to what's next
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Mamasaurus

As a busy mom of two (soon to be 3) little ones, I rarely go on a desktop computer.  I always have my iphone with me in case of cute photo ops with the kids though, so I often end up checking the forum through my phone.  If I come across a thread I want to reply to, or want a better look at the great art or photos on here, I will then go to my desktop to type or see the pictures.

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Paleogene Pals

On my laptop...usually, although I do like the bubbling cauldron idea. However, why no selection for palantiri?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.