News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

1/40 Utahceratops

Started by dinonikes, March 20, 2012, 08:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinonikes

Here are a couple of photos showing the absolute first thing to making one of these figures-in this case a 1/40 Utahceratops- I cut out the parts for the armature in stiff cardboard(I like to use the cardboard that backs pads of paper once the pads are used up, or old boxes glommed from the recycling bin)- you can see that the frill is just minimal as it is just the cross section at the midline of the frill- once I have the parts cut out, I glue floral wire (or heavier wire if the model is a larger piece) to the parts that need support, such as the legs in this case- these wires are attached to the legs are then glued to the main body cross section piece, and then attached to a base-

dinonikes

Here are some photos of roughed in clay-

Takama

any further progress on this one yet

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.