News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New Jurassic Park toys...

Started by DinoToyForum, February 14, 2013, 06:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd go 30.00 for it or 30.00 worth of trade from my classified page. Since that is retail for it.  The Pachyrhino I'll get anyway if I don't like it then I'll sell it.  :)

Primeval12

Quote from: demoncarnotaur on March 08, 2013, 03:54:03 AM
Not tied to JP4- these were actually sculpted way back in 2009.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 08, 2013, 02:14:15 AM
Quote from: demoncarnotaur on March 08, 2013, 01:53:50 AM
Awesome pics! If possible, could you possibly take more size comparison pics to other JP items?

Which ones specifically?

Anything works! Either a well known dinosaur or human.. Maybe next to something big like the Bull Rex, and something small like a JP3 trike or raptor.

Could you campare it to the papo allosaurus ?

EmperorDinobot

I don't have one. But I can tell they are very similar in size.

Primeval12

If you can get yor hands on one I highly recommend it. It's my favorite Papo dinosaur.

EmperorDinobot

I will work on it.

But for the meantime here is Shlomo with El Toro, Billy Brennan and Roland Tembo right next to a Super Nintendo Cartridge in case there is doubt:

Any questions?

CM

If this helps anyone, I think they are available on the TRU website:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19097716

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19097596

No pics up yet, but maybe someone can check the in-store SKUs and see if they match these (and to see which is which), but I'm willing to guess that's what these are. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CM on March 10, 2013, 04:30:59 AM
If this helps anyone, I think they are available on the TRU website:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19097716

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19097596

No pics up yet, but maybe someone can check the in-store SKUs and see if they match these (and to see which is which), but I'm willing to guess that's what these are.

Thanks for posting that. They do indeed match up.  I went ahead and ordered one of each.

EmperorDinobot

Nice. I did not go to TRU, because I am sick. I am disappoint because I REALLY NEED THAT PACHYRHINOSAURUS. I might order it, but hey, it's been nearly 13 years since I actually bought a dinosaur in the wild (except for Shlomo, and the mass of Kaiyodos last year), so I'mma hold out. One of the reasons why Shlomo is so special is because:

1. I bought it sick (I was a super sickly child and 80% of all my JP I bought I was sick and were sick days consolation prizes)
2. Because of that I felt like a child again (I have not been sick in a wild)
3. It's JP!
4. I bought it in the wild!
5. Kick a$$ figure.

Pachyrhinosaurus has that unsightly hump, but...whatever. I love the colors, the articulation, and I usually pretend I can't see their inaccuracies.

So those of you who know me might ask "why do you hate Papo?"

Because Papo is a bad in some Spanish countries. And because the Pteranodon had teeth (I know it's JP, but you can only see the teeth on the JP3 Pteranodon if you squint really hard, and even the Hasbro JP figures don't have them), and because the posed T.rex really looks like it's laying eggs/ defecating rather than roaring through the main hall. If they wanted to actually copy that pose, they didn't have to break so many caudals, and give the animal arthritis. It's ugly as heck. And I never saw them in the wild. I almost quit collecting Carns because part of the thrill was finding them in stores.

So Pachyrhino...WAIT FOR MEEEEH! Don't become like one of the three dogs.

Edit: Isn't my avatar a Pachyrhinosaurus?

Primeval12

Is there any pics of the repaints that came out this year?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Some here and there, all I've heard is that they are the same ones as last time just re-packaged.

I'm still going to check TRU because I want an Allo in box as well... it's hard to beat the feeling of going into a store and finding a dino toy you want.

I remember calling EVERYWHERE looking for the original ones..never had a computer back then of course. :)

ChrisLikesDinos

Sadly, other than the two showdowns the rest of the line appears to be JP3 repaints.. not only are they JP3 repaints, they are straight repacks of JP2009. I think you can consider this line a long delayed wave 2 of JP 2009:

No pics of the small 'dino battlers' yet, but I suspect they will be untouched from JP 2009.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 10, 2013, 11:17:31 AM
Nice. I did not go to TRU, because I am sick. I am disappoint because I REALLY NEED THAT PACHYRHINOSAURUS. I might order it, but hey, it's been nearly 13 years since I actually bought a dinosaur in the wild (except for Shlomo, and the mass of Kaiyodos last year), so I'mma hold out. One of the reasons why Shlomo is so special is because:

1. I bought it sick (I was a super sickly child and 80% of all my JP I bought I was sick and were sick days consolation prizes)
2. Because of that I felt like a child again (I have not been sick in a wild)
3. It's JP!
4. I bought it in the wild!
5. Kick a$$ figure.

Pachyrhinosaurus has that unsightly hump, but...whatever. I love the colors, the articulation, and I usually pretend I can't see their inaccuracies.

So those of you who know me might ask "why do you hate Papo?"

Because Papo is a bad in some Spanish countries. And because the Pteranodon had teeth (I know it's JP, but you can only see the teeth on the JP3 Pteranodon if you squint really hard, and even the Hasbro JP figures don't have them), and because the posed T.rex really looks like it's laying eggs/ defecating rather than roaring through the main hall. If they wanted to actually copy that pose, they didn't have to break so many caudals, and give the animal arthritis. It's ugly as heck. And I never saw them in the wild. I almost quit collecting Carns because part of the thrill was finding them in stores.

So Pachyrhino...WAIT FOR MEEEEH! Don't become like one of the three dogs.

Edit: Isn't my avatar a Pachyrhinosaurus?

Ah, hope you feel better soon! If the Pachyrhino is sold out you can always grab to online!

Oh, I forgot to ask, whats your location? I'm trying to map out where the toys have been found to help others out. Edit* Nvm, just that you are from Oregon.

Aram-Rex

Hope there'll be a bigger Spino coming. As toys, these are pretty cool, I really love the paintjob they've done on these.

ChrisLikesDinos

I forgot to post this here, and I thought a lot of people here would appreciate this- here are the original sculpt pictures of the beautiful Pachyrhinosaurus by David Silva.

----

You may know David already by his work for Hasbro with the Star Wars Dewback:

Or his work for McFarlane:

or Neca:

Or, how about his own original work?

Be sure to check out his website Creative Beast to see his other professional work or to purchase his original work! He has plenty of amazing looking dinosaur kits and they are definitely worth checking out.

http://creative-beast.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Beast-Studio/113487525333128

Blade-of-the-Moon

I just opened my box from TRU/UPS with my Allo /Pachyrhino..wow..I started off making sure they were both there and in good shape then it hit me..I have NEW Jurassic Park dinosaurs !!! I felt just like a kid again in 93'. Any money is worth that experience to me..and these were definitely worth it . Now I don't want to take them out of the box.. lol

ChrisLikesDinos

I know that these aren't the greatest.. I was in a rush, and couldn't get a better backdrop and wanted to take the pictures before I lost the daylight. None the less, I think people wanting to get a good look at the toys will like these!

Allosaurus Assault photo album! (warning HUGE pics) http://imgur.com/a/myF4K

Shrunken preview pics:

My huge album of Pachyrhinosaurus Clash pics: http://imgur.com/a/Jo5q8

Small preview pics:

Final album- JP 2013 Dino Showdowns comparison (and more) pictures  (108 pics): http://imgur.com/a/CP3oX

Some highlights:

Simon

Doesn't the ceratopsian's head move up?  I don't recall seeing any photo with the head in the "up" position.  Its driving me crazy.  No TRU around here, so if someone could post a photo I'd love to see it...

mmfrankford

I so want that Allo and it's eyes are freaky!

ChrisLikesDinos

^ the eyes sort of remind me of the Carnegie dino's as they use gold paint. I like it a lot!

Quote from: Simon on March 15, 2013, 06:59:27 AM
Doesn't the ceratopsian's head move up?  I don't recall seeing any photo with the head in the "up" position.  Its driving me crazy.  No TRU around here, so if someone could post a photo I'd love to see it...

Its head moving up is sadly tied to the action feature on the back right leg. I took plenty of pictures of it in that position in my album linked above, but here is one:

Unfortunately it cannot stay in that position, I had to wedge a small piece of cardboard in his leg to hold it in place. If I had one major complaint it would be that. =/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mmfrankford on March 15, 2013, 09:33:01 AM
I so want that Allo and it's eyes are freaky!

I know..lol It looks really " intense " which I guess is the point. The back shows it with the JP Raptor type slanted eyes.   The colors aren't nearly so bad in person either.   It's also cool the spines on him are done in a softer rubber..avoids breaking ...and damaging kids somewhat I suppose. lol

The Pachyrhino..if you have a spare clear stand from one of the Dino Rider pteros just place it under his chin for display. Tried mine i the box and it seemed to work well enough. :)

Roselaar

Great comparison shots! I so want these gems...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.