News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park 3D

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, February 14, 2013, 05:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

The rex art is a tad goofy but still..a favorite scene.

DinoToyForum

This is the poster for a JP computer game right?  :P
20 years on and this is the best poster graphic they can come up with? They clearly aren't trying. Anyone would think they were just milking an old franchise for a quick buck...  ;)

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 14, 2013, 06:39:01 PM
This is the poster for a JP computer game right?  :P
20 years on and this is the best poster graphic they can come up with? They clearly aren't trying. Anyone would think they were just milking an old franchise for a quick buck...  ;)
thats what these 3d rereleses are.             a lazy way to milk out cash ::)

CityRaptor

Now that is some pretty bad CGI to advertise the Movie. Ah, atleast I get a chance to see it in theatres...and obtain some new toys.

Quote from: Brontozaurus on January 15, 2013, 11:04:39 AM
JP4 should be a remake of the first movie entirely from the viewpoint of the Tyrannosaurus. The majority of dialogue in the film is her inner monologue.

Would be awesome:
Hmm, okay, there is that guy and the girl. Could eat them, but I just ate that goat and the lawyer. So I should just roar at them to see what they will do.
"ROOOOOAAAAAR"
They don't move. Do they think that I don't see them? Even if that was the case, I could still smell them. How boring! Guess it is time to enjoy my new found freedom and take a walk in the park!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Takama

Jetoar

Yes, it is better, I like the new poster
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just imagine it looking like that in theater...awesome.

DinoToyForum

So much better! Puts the original to shame. Excellent work JP Origins team!

Hey, shouldn't this topic be in a separate JP 3D thread? I may split it :) Edit - I split it!

radman

Thundercharge

So I got to see JP3D for free at a screening at an IMAX theater here.

It was incredible! It brought back the magic of seeing the film for the first time back when I was younger, it felt very immersive. If you loved the first film then I'd highly recommend seeing this, on IMAX if you can!

Loved it.  :))

Click sig for my collection! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wish I could see it on IMAX..might have to settle for a regular 3D theater though.

scallenger

Some people have noticed through some clips that have been put online of the 3D version that the sound mix has some NEW sounds in several places. Notice any of these? One obvious one so far is when the raptors are in the kitchen. Notice any other differences, anything cut out?

And I guess, more importantly, how was the 3D? Was it a decent conversion with parts that really worked? Or did it just not feel too 3D after a while?
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Thundercharge

Quote from: scallenger on March 31, 2013, 08:23:21 AM
Some people have noticed through some clips that have been put online of the 3D version that the sound mix has some NEW sounds in several places. Notice any of these? One obvious one so far is when the raptors are in the kitchen. Notice any other differences, anything cut out?

And I guess, more importantly, how was the 3D? Was it a decent conversion with parts that really worked? Or did it just not feel too 3D after a while?
Honestly, I didn't go in looking for slight changes they might have made, and hadn't read up about any going in to the viewing, so I could have easily missed some small changes. I got pretty caught up in enjoying the film. As for the sound, I think just experiencing it in IMAX made a huge difference; everything seemed amplified and new  :))
I think I did notice the new raptor sounds though, they were very cool.

The 3D was an excellent conversion, I was VERY impressed. It really pops from the opening scene, and makes everything seem immersive. There are stretches where you start not to notice it, but that happens with me every time I see a movie in 3D, you start to enjoy it more for the clarity and depth it brings (if it's good 3D) rather than the "pop" gimmick. But there are scenes all through the movie that make you jerk in your seat and truly notice the 3D; the Rex attacking the Jeep after breaking out was exhilarating.

Click sig for my collection! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sounds like Universal really did a good job with this..makes me think they are finally taking the JP license seriously again. Give me more hope for JP4.

DinoToyForum

Some people have noticed through some clips that have been put online of the 3D version that the sound mix has some NEW sounds in several places.

Online you say? I'd like to hear these new sounds - could someone point me to the appropriate clips?

Joel

Quote from: Thundercharge on March 31, 2013, 01:26:15 PM

Honestly, I didn't go in looking for slight changes they might have made, and hadn't read up about any going in to the viewing, so I could have easily missed some small changes. I got pretty caught up in enjoying the film. As for the sound, I think just experiencing it in IMAX made a huge difference; everything seemed amplified and new  :))
I think I did notice the new raptor sounds though, they were very cool.

The 3D was an excellent conversion, I was VERY impressed. It really pops from the opening scene, and makes everything seem immersive. There are stretches where you start not to notice it, but that happens with me every time I see a movie in 3D, you start to enjoy it more for the clarity and depth it brings (if it's good 3D) rather than the "pop" gimmick. But there are scenes all through the movie that make you jerk in your seat and truly notice the 3D; the Rex attacking the Jeep after breaking out was exhilarating.

Yep, seeing this at the IMAX was outstanding! It brought back so many memories from seeing it the first time. Seeing it at a home system cannot do it justice; everyone who has not already done so go see it at IMAX! :D

stoneage

:)  I saw this movie Saturday.  It was pretty good.  While the 3D effect is good it would have been better if it had been made specifically for 3D, which new films could use to better effect.  The 3D made some shots a little blurry, and the longer you watched the less effect the 3D had. 

Gwangi

Going tomorrow. I can't wait to be nine years old again.  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

It was great ! The scenes were very clear and the 3D worked quite well.  I had a lot of fun though if my rear hadn't fallen asleep I would have enjoyed it more..darn theater seats.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.